Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL 2009 MOAB ZUZOO PICS and STORIES THREAD!

John (rowhard)! You just made my new wallpaper. It’s good to see everyone made it home safe. Chris (Marlin), sorry to hear you received more battle damage. But it just sounds like part of your master plan to make the meanest Proton out there. I have the perfect name for it when it’s finished, “Scar”.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    It’s good to see everyone made it home safe. Chris (Marlin), sorry to hear you received more battle damage. But it just sounds like part of your master plan to make the meanest Proton out there. I have the perfect name for it when it’s finished, “Scar”.
    LOL, my F-I-L calls it "Rumble Bumble". Looks like a bumble bee and it rumbles, but scar is way cooler. I will be done with the new bumper in the 4-6 weeks, then it will definitely look like Mad Max style. I will also be bed linering (I know, not a word) the front of the hood and fenders, no more rock chips and touch up paint............all this means that I will have a front cladding piece available soon. A minor scuff on the passenger side, I will post pics when I am ready. Sorry, somewhat thread jack...I am scatter brained.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I’ve been feeling a bit artsy fartsy lately.:homer:

This is one I call Billy Timer.

AlteredLdub.

Ha hahahahahahahaha, that is how Ldub sees everything!!!!!! It's no wonder he drives like he is in a cartoon!!!!!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    AlteredLdub.

Thanks for that one Bro, I got quite a chuckle from seeing your masterful abilities put to such good use...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Ha hahahahahahahaha, that is how Ldub sees everything!!!!!! It's no wonder he drives like he is in a cartoon!!!!!
    WOW...it's like you live inside my head or something Marvin...

On a more serious note, I would like to take this opprotunity to extend my warmest THANKS to all my VX brothers & sisters, for making this & every Moab Famgath, the best ever.
    Maybe it's just fading memories (ya THINK?) that make every year seem better than any previous, but this year was an incredible amount of fun...
    Even though I missed those who couldn't attend this year, it leaves room for even MORE fun potential next year...

Thanks also, to all those that passed the hat to get the ol' dooder some ink...YOU ALL ROCK !
    Now I know what people mean when they say that ink is addictive...I already have "plans"... (You can see my new adornment in Monchas gallery)

I would LOVE to be able to go into eloquent detail with regard to every random act of kindness shown to both Jim & myself, but memory no longer allows, & I know I'd leave someone out...

Just know how much I appreciate having every one of You as my friends, stay safe & well until we meet again, and to those that weren't able to be there this year...don't let it happen twice...

To those who went with me on Kane Creek about 10 days ago or so, check this out:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6593300
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Yeah, I imagine at this point, you see a dashed line speeding by in your perefrial even when your eyes are closed. Just keep driving, just keep driving, just keep driving...
    How did you know? It was actually in the voice of Ellen Degeneres(SP?). "Just Keep Driving" over and over again. To make things even better, I got back to SC on Sun evening, only to spike a 103 temp, turns out I have strep throat. My brother texted me and told me my niece got sick Sun morning...kids, little germ factories. So the last two days have been miserable and today doesn't look any better, my VX is filthy, the Expy needs an oil change, I have a skid plate to bang out, a bumper to start....it never ends.
    On a good note, my wife and I my actually make it out next year. Now she wants to go, and we may have found some cash. Turns out my taxes were wrong and I didn't get credit for all the points that my builder paid when I bought my house. I also paid way too much into my escrow, so we may be able to use that money to fund the trip, pending gas prices of course....

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Question Questions

Hey... it might have been mentioned in this huge thread but I will ask it anyway...

Total number of VX's at Moab?
    How many VX's did the VX-only run? Are there any line-up pics?
    Did Merlin go to Moab?
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Quote Originally Posted by Anita View Post
    Hey... it might have been mentioned in this huge thread but I will ask it anyway...

Total number of VX's at Moab?
    How many VX's did the VX-only run? Are there any line-up pics?
    Did Merlin go to Moab?
    I "think" 19 or 20.I didn't go on the VX run (bad cv joint)
    Merlin was there, brought everyone an air filter.
    I think last year was the record! 22
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    Jay attempting to climb the now impossible... guess you need to go back to an Ironman??? teehee

Looks like that ledge has gotten a wee bit taller is 5 years - From 2004

Arrow Finally posted my "cream of the crop"

My fave Moab 09 pics are available for your viewing pleasure in my gallery...

There are probably others that will qualify as "cream", but right now, I'm up past my bedtime...

As it turns out, I had my camera on the wrong setting for about 25% of the really great pics that I THOUGHT I shot...
    Last edited by Ldub : 05/29/2009 at 10:26 AM

Larry, nice pics! I really like Tripod Rock. What trail was that on? I wonder how I missed that?
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Larry, nice pics! I really like Tripod Rock. What trail was that on? I wonder how I missed that?
    Peace.
    Tom
    Thanks Tom

That rock was on the trail where we were going to take a "short hike" to the overlook...

Billy was the only one who made it to the end...

While we were resting/waiting, I wandered off looking for lizards & snakes, & found this rock about 50 yds. off the trail.

Oh yeah...the overlook! Here is what you all missed...

Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)