Thread: Salt Lake City Convoy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Salt Lake City Convoy

So, (hope Ldub isn't looking) that I don't have to go thru 32 pages of threads, who will be in the SLC area Sun/Mon? Just thinking of convoying, but am hoping to make the wheeling 101 class at noon, wish it was later:bgwg:
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Me and Chris aka (Marlin) will be heading down around noon on Monday. I’m working on moving my schedule around so I can leave Monday morning, I’ll know more tomorrow. Chris is staying overnight in Salt Lake that Sunday night so I think we can both leave in the morning if I can get my schedule freed up.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard View Post
    So, (hope Ldub isn't looking) that I don't have to go thru 32 pages of threads, who will be in the SLC area Sun/Mon? Just thinking of convoying, but am hoping to make the wheeling 101 class at noon, wish it was later:bgwg:
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

All right!!! I’m free to leave Monday morning whenever you’re ready Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    All right!!! I’m free to leave Monday morning whenever you’re ready Chris.
    It depends what time we get in to Salt Lake the night before, I would like one last night of sleeping in airconditioning before I sleep in a tent for a week after driving 40 hours or so...I will let you know on the 10th for planning purposes...see you guys in a few days.

Rowhard, Riffraff shot me an email, he warned me about you....lol.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I would like one last night of sleeping in airconditioning before I sleep in a tent for a week after driving 40 hours or so...
    FWIW Moab cools off pretty well after the sun goes down. You won't be hot in your tent. You might even be cold.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Rowhard, Riffraff shot me an email, he warned me about you....lol.
    My buddy Brian

Anyway, we are staying at the Comfort Inn in Sandy Sunday night. The address is: 8955 Harrison St. The Phone number is: 801-255-4919.

I know you are pro's at this so probable don't need to attend the, but I am hoping to be in Moab by noon so I can sit in on Todd's 4x4 101 class. Do you plan on getting there that early??

Brian is definitely good people, even if he was a lazy officer...
    As far as getting there by noon, how far is it from Salt Lake to Moab. Somewhere around 4 hours? It all depends on how late I get in on the 10th. I wouldn't mind going either, but we shall see.

As far as being a pro, hardly, my first rock crawling was 2 weeks ago, and although I did everything the big boys did, and sometimes with much more finesse, it was mostly due to the VX, not me. Just remember, skinny pedal on the right makes you go forward, the one on the left slows you down...after that, its just point and shoot, oh, and listen to your spotter...