Thread: Cargo Net For Floor - What Works?

Cargo Net For Floor - What Works?

I've been cruising ePay for floor cargo nets - the trouble is, most of 'em don't list dimensions, just the application. Has anyone come up with an OEM net from another vehicle that works well in the VX?

Check out these links. I've never used this place, so be careful as always-

http://www.isuzuworld.com/accessories/Rodeo/convnet.htm

http://www.isuzuworld.com/accessories/Trooper/convnet.htm

http://www.isuzuworld.com/accessories/RodeoSport/convnet.htm

Also do a Google search for 'isuzu convenience net'.

This is the stock VX cargo net.

I use mine in a different way. I have the rear seat removed. I attach the bottom to the front cargo hooks and the top to the rear grab handles with S-hooks and nylon wire ties. That way I can put stuff in it and reach it from my seat. I also have a hammock style cargo net attached to the pass rear grab handle and the pass side upper rear cargo net T-anchor. I got a whole bunch of stuff in that net right now.

Mark Griffin
    Last edited by deermagnet : 04/22/2009 at 05:57 AM

I did some Googling and found that Isuzu World is German Auto Haus Isuzu just north of Albany, NY. They're a former Isuzu dealer and an Isuzu authorized service center, so it all looks legit. The problem is they show one picture of a net and then there's two or three part numbers to choose from.

They don't have VX accessories listed on their site, but ya could call them and inquire about the VX net #2-90099-910-0.

There's an Isuzu net on Craigslist for a '98-'04 Rodeo for $5 -
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/pts/1103907951.html

Mark
    Last edited by deermagnet : 04/22/2009 at 06:01 AM

Mark - Thanks for the tip/link for the craigslist one in TX - scored it for $10 shipped! I figger it should be pretty close; if not, it looks like the Hyundai Santa Fe cargo net is a pretty good fit, size-wise. There are several on ePay right now, for the record. Attachment loops are at 32"X30" on those...

I have my net on the rear door, It makes easier access to the storage container and gym bag.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

As a followup to anyone who cares - Got the Craigslist 'net in today (thanks again, Mark!) new in the Isuzu wrapper. P/N#2-90099-800-0 - Application: Isuzu Rodeo '98-Up. This actually fits and will work GREAT; here's why: There are two sets of loops on each corner. What this allows you to do is adjust the netting when you're using it horizontally (to hold items to the floor) to compensate for varying size/weight configurations. It has a set of loops in the middle as well, allowing you to use it as an "envelope" or "hammock" style net (the same as the factory-supplied VX net referenced further above in this thread) too. Since I had my original hammock-style cargo net, I've installed both; this way I can carry ALL the groceries, including those pesky and slippery 1 gallon water bottles without them moving around during my weekly houseboy errands.:bgwp:

Since I would have paid $20 for this net, and Mark's thoughtful post saved me $10, I am summarily donating the other $10 to this fine Forum - 'cause that's how I roll!