Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The 913 Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by crager34 View Post
    I don't get it. It sounds like people are saying the 913's are better than the 912's. Looks to me that they are simply different.

And great write BTW.

I think prior to this write up there wasn't any true comparisons done to this extent. I imagine the better "choice" depends on your personal needs. I'm more interested in not destroying my cv's and I am not skilled enough to flip ball joints, repack boots, etc. And I don't trust just anyone to work on my ride since no mechanics I met have even heard of a vx.
    I just like the looks of the lifted vx's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hey Crager...

I dont think its a "better" thing...

Quote Originally Posted by crager34 View Post
    I don't get it. It sounds like people are saying the 913's are better than the 912's. Looks to me that they are simply different.
    And great write BTW.

....I think its an Aesthetics thing.

Simply a ride height appreciation....relative to personal likes/dislikes.

jo

VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wow, i must say that i was never a fan of the green vx. this has changed my mind, you're combo of wheels, tires and lift makes this one mean, green son of a bitch.

nice ride and great post.
    macintosh man

I think you would be surprised at your skills if you were to tackle lifting your rig. I have had no issues with my CV's since lifting mine. It's more time consuming than hard to do and with the 913's, it won't be as dramatic as with the 912's.

Quote Originally Posted by djvx View Post
    I think prior to this write up there wasn't any true comparisons done to this extent. I imagine the better "choice" depends on your personal needs. I'm more interested in not destroying my cv's and I am not skilled enough to flip ball joints, repack boots, etc. And I don't trust just anyone to work on my ride since no mechanics I met have even heard of a vx.
    I just like the looks of the lifted vx's.

thanks for the advice crager...I appreciate that.

The slight difference between the two will not decrease the ratio of being prone to torn cv's that much. If you worry about torn CV just get your brakets dropped.

This has been copied to the "Reviews" section for permanent display.

Great job rickshaw!
    Scott / moncha.com

Great write-up. This one is a keeper for the archives. I'm also rolling with the 913's, and I've been loving them for two years.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Whelp that solved my problem...... 913s it is.

This write up is what helped me decide, I went with the 912's.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

I was just shopping for 919s for the wifeys trooper RS and found this thread. I have had the 919s on the VX for 1.5 yrs now. I have full extended the suspension more times than I can count (those that have seen my pics no that I "abuse" my VX, and I am on 34s. I get a tiny bit of wheel rub on forward half of wheel well if I brake going down hill on the trails. I did no rear well trimming. There is no problem with the 919s!!! I cranked to torsion bars to level it out, no ball joint flip. Never tore a boot and no alignment problems. It does rake forward a bit, but I daily drive her as well, and have no complaints, hence the search for the 919s on the RS, which will also be a daily driver/trail truck.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

My understanding is that the 913s are intended as a zero lift spring for Troopers, whereas the 912s are a 30mm lift.

Both will probably lift more than this for a VX, as I am quite sure a Trooper is heavier than a VX in the rear half.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Hmmm, I was troubleshooting the rear brakes and installing EBC green stuff pads when I noticed the OME 919 springs were upside down (tightly coiled on the bottom). I have been this way for two years, multiple wheeling trips and abuse. No problems, anyone think of any repercussions to running em like this. They look like they are seated just fine. I had them installed when I first bought the truck, prior to becoming mechanically enlightened. I still can't believe I paid someone 60 bucks to do that....

Ok so just to be clear the Daystar Spacers are to Help raise the front up to lvl with the back? I think Santa is bringing me some Rear springs(think im going with the 912s) and maybe if im really good the Rancho 9000s XL. But on the lift posts ive seen the 912s make the back alot higher then the front, so will the spacers help lvl the front to be high after the torsion cranks?>

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    The spacers are for the back to give it more lift than just the springs provide.

The only way to create lift on the front of the VX is to crank the torsion bars.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up