Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: List Of UK VX Owners 2009

List Of UK VX Owners 2009

Lets get all your names, locations and your VX down with a view to having (possibly the first?) UK VehiCROSS meet. A couple of people seem up for it that i've spoken to but my memory is terrible and i can't rememer your names or locations

Also let me know how far you would be willing to travel?

SO........................

NAME: James
    VEHICROSS: 1997 jap import in Ebony black.

Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Me!

Name: Alan
    Model: JDM (yo!) 1997 Astral Silver

Me me me me too -
    Steve Bury St Edmunds , suffollk
    1997 VehiCROSS Jap Import in Silver

cheers
    Steve
    Isuzu Vehicross 3.2 V6 24 Valve

Sunburst 175

Hi Fellow UK Owners,

Just a quick name check - no nice pics at the mo (have to set up my URL). I live in Stockport and I've only had my Sunburst 175 Vehicross for a few months. I live very close to two other VX owners. One (Silver) in the same village as I but have at the mo not been able to find out who it is or where they live. And a guy in Alderley Edge who only last week sold his silver VX (but perhaps it's still local).

My VX was imported about a year ago by a chap on the south coast (no not Hove). I had to fly down pay my money and drive it back to Stockport. Besides being a very nice 175 with the red leather interior the previous owner (who I tracked down on the Internet) fitted electrically adjustable Rancho Shocks - very trick. But I'm hoping to do some mods like CrotchRocky. First order of the day is fit a roof rack/basket then I'm thinking of a induction kit or cold air system. Currently nearly every weekend I'm working on the VX to make it just right and it's in need of some TLC to being it back to it's former glory.

I certainly would be interested in a UK meet but as always it's a matter of time. It would be nice to have 7 or more owners together and perhaps a 4X4 mag would be interested in running a story. Mileage isn't too much of a problem as long as it's not in Scotland or too far down south (Kettering for Example) but of the estimated 30 VXs in the UK I bet most are on the South coast.

Promise to sort out pics

TTFN Kirk

This is so great to look at you guys planning your gets together

Keep us posted for updates guys
    Dakar was just the begining.

Hi All,

I'd be up for a meet, I'm down in Bisley, Surrey but happy to do a few miles. I haven't any shots of my VX on this laptop but if you do a search on "cladding cut" there's a thread by me showing my latest mods which are rather novel. I'm currently running with a 3" lift but planning to go higher with a pro shock setup once I get the time. I currently have the Rancho remote adjustables but to be honest their a bit Mickey Mouse, I feel the stock shocks with the lift were better.

Just found some photos of the chop they're now in my gallery.

BritVX Just saw your Cladding Chop pic's, nicely done ! !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Hi just to make every one jealous - i collect original VX press stuff - Isuzu press releases from both the US and Japan
    Got loads of really nice stuff but i got the cream stuff :-
    I just received my 175 ltd press pack - the pics are awesome
    i'll scan and post them when i get time
    cheers
    Steve

Greasemonkey, is the One Bull still going strong? use to be my local's once I was excepted. I lived at Park Corner Cottage, The Park, Great Barton for 6 years. Sorry for the thread jack
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

that many VXs on that little rock...WOW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Hi Rowhard - we must be talking about a different place - the One Bull is on Angel Hill in Bury St Edmunds - the Bunbury Arms is in Gt Barton
    cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by kirk hilton View Post
    Hi Fellow UK Owners,

Just a quick name check - no nice pics at the mo (have to set up my URL). I live in Stockport and I've only had my Sunburst 175 Vehicross for a few months. I live very close to two other VX owners. One (Silver) in the same village as I but have at the mo not been able to find out who it is or where they live. And a guy in Alderley Edge who only last week sold his silver VX (but perhaps it's still local).

My VX was imported about a year ago by a chap on the south coast (no not Hove). I had to fly down pay my money and drive it back to Stockport. Besides being a very nice 175 with the red leather interior the previous owner (who I tracked down on the Internet) fitted electrically adjustable Rancho Shocks - very trick. But I'm hoping to do some mods like CrotchRocky. First order of the day is fit a roof rack/basket then I'm thinking of a induction kit or cold air system. Currently nearly every weekend I'm working on the VX to make it just right and it's in need of some TLC to being it back to it's former glory.

I certainly would be interested in a UK meet but as always it's a matter of time. It would be nice to have 7 or more owners together and perhaps a 4X4 mag would be interested in running a story. Mileage isn't too much of a problem as long as it's not in Scotland or too far down south (Kettering for Example) but of the estimated 30 VXs in the UK I bet most are on the South coast.

Promise to sort out pics

TTFN Kirk
    Kirk, I still have to reply to that last e-mail, sorry...

I'll meet anywhere. Heck, I did 23k in mine last year (yep, right through the expensive petrol...) mostly back and forth to Scotland.

I need to visit this site more often...

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey View Post
    Hi Rowhard - we must be talking about a different place - the One Bull is on Angel Hill in Bury St Edmunds - the Bunbury Arms is in Gt Barton
    cheers
    Steve
    yes, different place, I lived in one place and drank in another. One bull backed onto the abby, gates were around the corner. Don't even think Gt Barton had a pub when I was there.

greesemonkey,

do you think we can crash the itoc meet in a couple of weeks ??