Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: ALL Ironmans Check in Here....

1999 with 94k miles.

Just picked up a 1999 with 94,500 miles on it...............didn't even get off the lot without the CHECK ENGINE light coming on.....took it to my garage because the Dealer who was selling it had more --AS-IS-- excuses than I could count-- finally got them to go halfers on a diagnostic check and subsequent replacement of spark plugs--so glad that is all it was.......my kids love it.......my wife has taken a shine to it.......I think it is the coolest....and the garage I use, thought it looked pretty cool.......not bad for a vehicle that is almost 13 years old.........

so far: passenger window--not functional--well, was for one down, one up, one down and Uh Oh--but not up again, wiper-washer fluid does not work, missing this and that--small things...........

Happy as could be.........the dealer said they replaced the muffler because it was too loud...whatever they put on it--sucks.......need to find that SIC hummmmm

not looking to do any mods to it..........but down the road, who knows.........it will suffice as our 2nd vehicle.......and the 4X4 will get us through the snow and up and down the driveway to our house..........

here's looking to many years of happy ownership

Vinny

Hey, Vince, welcome aboard. I saw you signed up yesterday and searched that interesting screen name and found out you're a fishing guide from down near Reading. I'm a VX original owner from Lackawanna County, near Scranton.

And guess what? Flyfishing for trout is the overwhelming passion of my life. I've been trout fishing for forty years. There's not many fishing nuts here, like us, and certainly no dedicated flyfishermen. I fish the Poconos, Catskills, and eastern Endless Mountains. I'm a member of paflyfish.com also. I posted there for ten years, but gave up posting on all fishing forums a couple years ago. I couldn't stand all the kiss 'n tell about small, wild trout streams.

It's nowhere near as extensive as your site, but this is my Flyfishin' Page-
    http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/fishin.html

I see you're up for hike also. This my Catskill Hiking Page-
    http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/kaats.html

You'll get your new VX in top shape little by little. This place has everything you need to know, and if you can't find it, just ask.

Again, welcome and don't be a stranger.

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer)
    Last edited by deermagnet : 12/09/2011 at 05:16 PM

Vinny,

Welcome to the addiction that is VX ownership.

Use the search function for the window fix ... lotsa info on that.

For the washer fluid thing. Check to make sure the hose is still connected to the reservoir. Mine's come off twice. IIRC there's also been a couple of members who have just had a blown fuse on that circuit and one or two that had to clear the tubes that run to the squirters (but in that case its likely that one suirter worked while the other didn't).
    Last edited by tom4bren : 12/09/2011 at 07:48 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Thanks Fellas.......woke up to a dead battery........the wife didn't turn off the GPS.....ahhahahahha

nothing is ever simple !!

It will be fun........that is for sure.........

Talking Thanks

Hey Mark, give me a shout through my email: vinny@2Bonthewater.com

I'll tell you why I quit posting on the fly fishing site.....bunch of tools on there..... I too gave up posting on all Forums......not worth the hassle

Love fishing without a doubt, passed down to the kids......they have each tied their own fly...... at 5 and 6 years old, they are now 7 and almost 6 !!!

military, college, state officer.......now a man with 2 horrible shoulders who loves to take people fishing............

Now, to keep my newly purchased VX up to par and running for a very long time....that sucker was like driving a sports car.......one ride with all cylinders firing and I was like, Holy Crap.......13 years old and still ripping

SIDE NOTE: when my mechanic pulled the sparkplug from slot 6, he goes, looks brand new !! then immediately goes, no, it is cracked......something creepy going on with the dealer I purchased it from !!! every spark plug was covered in oil and looked used.....all but the troubled plug.....somebody was doing something shady.........why are car dealerships so shady !!!! they kept telling me they couldn't do a diagnostic because their system didn't do Isuzu??? MY mechanic said they are full of poop

either way.....not sweating the lettuce.......the family owns a vehicle that looks sweet.....and since we are a small family, the kids don't have much of a problem crawling into the back........found Recaro Booster seats for the kids that match the vehicle......the kids are like---Are they Leather Too !!!

Love my rugrats........

and to all the folks who purchased these guys brand new and still own it:

Out Freaking Standing

those pictures are beautiful !!!

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    Hey, Vince, welcome aboard. I saw you signed up yesterday and searched that interesting screen name and found out you're a fishing guide from down near Reading. I'm an VX original owner from Lackawanna County, near Scranton.

And guess what? Flyfishing for trout is the overwhelming passion of my life. I've been trout fishing for forty years. There's not many fishing nuts here, like us, and certainly no dedicated flyfishermen. I fish the Poconos, Catskills, and eastern Endless Mountains. I'm a member of paflyfish.com also. I posted there for ten years, but gave up posting on all fishing forums a couple years ago. I couldn't stand all the kiss 'n tell about small, wild trout streams.

You'll get your new VX in top shape little by little. This place has everything you need to know, and if you can't find it, just ask.

Last edited by 2Bonthewater : 12/09/2011 at 06:40 AM

Thanks

My Nissan Frontier S/C Crew Cab has had the washer fluid hose come off a few times.......I'm hoping it is the same with the VX, simple fix once you understand where the hose is coming from and where it is supposed to go !!!

Once I knew I was buying a VX I registered and read up on troubles I will encounter......I knew what I was getting before I purchased it, but seriously.....there are not many of these vehicles out there.......and once I sold the wife on it......it was game on......I'm just hoping it is as good in the snow as everyone says......that was a big selling point....we live in the middle 92 acres, rent a very old stone home and the house is 1/4 mile away from the road-- snow up to about 14 inches isn't a problem with the Frontier....more than that and my truck turns into a plow......when that happens, we park the vehicles at the bottom of the driveway and use my ice fishing sled to drag the rugrats back and forth......it is fun......but most folks wouldn't see it that way !!!

Vinny
    vinny@2Bonthewater.com

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Vinny,

Welcome to the addiction that is VX ownership.

Use the search function for the window fix ... lotsa info on that.

For the washer fluid thing. Check to make sure the hose is still connected to the reservoir. Mines come off twice. IIRC there's also been a couple of members who have just had a blown fuse on that circuit and one or two that had to clear the tubes that run to the squirters (but in that case its likely that one suirter worked while the other didn't).

Thumbs up Hey Mark

What underwater camera are you using....great photographs.........

I own a Olympus 790 SW -- been using that streamside since 2007 or so.....I also a Sanyo Xacti --underwater HD video camera and I use a JVC Everio 3CCD HDD 60 GB Hard Disk Camcorder for anything above water--this camera is awesome, but a PITA when it comes to editing -- it is a TOD file and it doesn't play well with others and as of the late, the software on the computer has been spastic.......when the new year comes, I'll be forking out some dinero to purchase a program that will allow me to use any format and edit all my stuff together.....

Hey, Vince, welcome aboard. I saw you signed up yesterday and searched that interesting screen name and found out you're a fishing guide from down near Reading. I'm a VX original owner from Lackawanna County, near Scranton.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bonthewater View Post
    What underwater camera are you using
    Those are older underwater shots using a waterproof film camera, before underwater digis were even made. I don't use it anymore and I don't have plans for a waterproof digi.

I have a camcorder I sometimes use when fishing, but I really don't know much about capturing, converting, editing, formating, and all that stuff, so I don't use it much.

Believe it or not, Fred Beans is an authorized Isuzu warranty and repair facility and an Isuzu parts dealer. I don't think I'd trust them servicing your VX, but you have a close place to order Isuzu parts for yourself.

Mark

authorized / ha ha ha

outside of the first salesman, everyone else I dealt with were TOOLS....LIARS....

Funny that they'd be an authorized Isuzu anything with the way they acted....especially, the-- our diagnostic machine can't read and Isuzu !!

I had a canon a1 or ae1 underwater film camera, still have it and it still works....have a canon eos GOLD -- Agassi one too......both collecting dust

You have nice shots.......love the pics

Those are older underwater shots using a waterproof film camera, before underwater digis were even made. I don't use it anymore and I don't have plans for a waterproof digi.

I have a camcorder I sometimes use when fishing, but I really don't know much about capturing, converting, editing, formating, and all that stuff, so I don't use it much.

Believe it or not, Fred Beans is an authorized Isuzu warranty and repair facility and an Isuzu parts dealer. I don't think I'd trust them servicing your VX, but you have a close place to order Isuzu parts for yourself.

Mark

99 Ironman
    94,5XX miles
    Other than that, I have replaced my saggy rear springs with some off a trooper, and put a little bit better/taller all season tires on it.
    Last edited by takentolightly : 12/31/2011 at 06:31 AM

1999 Ironman Thornton, CO
    100,159 (Just turned to 100K on Christmas)

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonm621 View Post
    1999 Ironman Thornton, CO
    100,159 (Just turned to 100K on Christmas)
    I also live in Thornton along with Mdwyer. We should meet up sometime.

Oh so pretty !!

Quote Originally Posted by takentolightly View Post
    99 Ironman
    94,5XX miles
    Other than that, I have replaced my saggy rear springs with some off a trooper, and put a little bit better/taller all season tires on it.

First Ice Fishing trip for the VX

Love this vehicle.......smooth ride........it is a purchase I am glad I made !!

Although, I do need a few red plastic screws to keep the rear tire compartment totally closed !!!

[IMG][/IMG]