Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ALL Ironmans Check in Here....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Hey Mark

What underwater camera are you using....great photographs.........

I own a Olympus 790 SW -- been using that streamside since 2007 or so.....I also a Sanyo Xacti --underwater HD video camera and I use a JVC Everio 3CCD HDD 60 GB Hard Disk Camcorder for anything above water--this camera is awesome, but a PITA when it comes to editing -- it is a TOD file and it doesn't play well with others and as of the late, the software on the computer has been spastic.......when the new year comes, I'll be forking out some dinero to purchase a program that will allow me to use any format and edit all my stuff together.....

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    Hey, Vince, welcome aboard. I saw you signed up yesterday and searched that interesting screen name and found out you're a fishing guide from down near Reading. I'm a VX original owner from Lackawanna County, near Scranton.

And guess what? Flyfishing for trout is the overwhelming passion of my life. I've been trout fishing for forty years. There's not many fishing nuts here, like us, and certainly no dedicated flyfishermen. I fish the Poconos, Catskills, and eastern Endless Mountains. I'm a member of paflyfish.com also. I posted there for ten years, but gave up posting on all fishing forums a couple years ago. I couldn't stand all the kiss 'n tell about small, wild trout streams.

It's nowhere near as extensive as your site, but this is my Flyfishin' Page-
    http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/fishin.html

I see you're up for hike also. This my Catskill Hiking Page-
    http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/kaats.html

You'll get your new VX in top shape little by little. This place has everything you need to know, and if you can't find it, just ask.

Again, welcome and don't be a stranger.

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer)

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bonthewater View Post
    What underwater camera are you using
    Those are older underwater shots using a waterproof film camera, before underwater digis were even made. I don't use it anymore and I don't have plans for a waterproof digi.

I have a camcorder I sometimes use when fishing, but I really don't know much about capturing, converting, editing, formating, and all that stuff, so I don't use it much.

Believe it or not, Fred Beans is an authorized Isuzu warranty and repair facility and an Isuzu parts dealer. I don't think I'd trust them servicing your VX, but you have a close place to order Isuzu parts for yourself.

Mark

authorized / ha ha ha

outside of the first salesman, everyone else I dealt with were TOOLS....LIARS....

Funny that they'd be an authorized Isuzu anything with the way they acted....especially, the-- our diagnostic machine can't read and Isuzu !!

I had a canon a1 or ae1 underwater film camera, still have it and it still works....have a canon eos GOLD -- Agassi one too......both collecting dust

You have nice shots.......love the pics

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    Those are older underwater shots using a waterproof film camera, before underwater digis were even made. I don't use it anymore and I don't have plans for a waterproof digi.

I have a camcorder I sometimes use when fishing, but I really don't know much about capturing, converting, editing, formating, and all that stuff, so I don't use it much.

Believe it or not, Fred Beans is an authorized Isuzu warranty and repair facility and an Isuzu parts dealer. I don't think I'd trust them servicing your VX, but you have a close place to order Isuzu parts for yourself.

Mark

Thanks Fellas.......woke up to a dead battery........the wife didn't turn off the GPS.....ahhahahahha

nothing is ever simple !!

It will be fun........that is for sure.........

99 Ironman
    94,5XX miles
    Other than that, I have replaced my saggy rear springs with some off a trooper, and put a little bit better/taller all season tires on it.
    Last edited by takentolightly : 12/31/2011 at 06:31 AM

Oh so pretty !!

Quote Originally Posted by takentolightly View Post
    99 Ironman
    94,5XX miles
    Other than that, I have replaced my saggy rear springs with some off a trooper, and put a little bit better/taller all season tires on it.

1999 Ironman Thornton, CO
    100,159 (Just turned to 100K on Christmas)

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonm621 View Post
    1999 Ironman Thornton, CO
    100,159 (Just turned to 100K on Christmas)
    I also live in Thornton along with Mdwyer. We should meet up sometime.

Welcome vince !

The spare tire cover screws can be purchase @ saint charles isuzu,ask for merlin and let him know you are a new member of this great forum.

Good deal + free shipping !!
    Dakar was just the begining.

Thanks Gussie--

Will do !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Welcome vince !

The spare tire cover screws can be purchase @ saint charles isuzu,ask for merlin and let him know you are a new member of this great forum.

Good deal + free shipping !!

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Its been a couple years of VX happiness. I guess it's time to check in & take over this thread with some pics.

July 2009 Ironman "ZU" purchased with 107K miles.The VX had a small spacer lift & 31" tires.

2011 and I've been mod crazy . 35" tires, 919 coil springs, 3" body lift, 2" diff drop, kilby skid plates, Hella 500s, custom hood insert, roof rack, manual hubs, custom spare tire carrier & black hood . Now ZU is my daily driver & has 127K miles on the odo. Soon to be installing rock sliders, winch, on board air, snorkel, cargo basket, ARB lockers & my own super flexy rear axle mod.

Holy Crap !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Its been a couple years of VX happiness. I guess it's time to check in & take over this thread with some pics.

July 2009 Ironman "ZU" purchased with 107K miles.The VX had a small spacer lift & 31" tires.

2011 and I've been mod crazy . 35" tires, 919 coil springs, 3" body lift, 2" diff drop, kilby skid plates, Hella 500s, custom hood insert, roof rack, manual hubs, custom spare tire carrier & black hood . Now ZU is my daily driver & has 127K miles on the odo. Soon to be installing rock sliders, winch, on board air, snorkel, cargo basket, ARB lockers & my own super flexy rear axle mod.

Hey Fellas

Thanks to everyone on the site for posting so much awesome information......the VX had its first oil change a few weeks ago, the wife has been driving from SE PA to NJ for job training..........with all that in mind......I have been really watching the oil........before she left on Tuesday morning, I checked the oil and told her to take the Frontier........told her why........

here, the VX was down over a quart in little under 1000 miles.........

I did not have the PCV valve changed out--- that will happen from here on out with every oil change.....

new owner.....the vehicle is in great condition...but, when I bought it, a spark plug was cracked and it was running like crap....replaced all the spark plugs and it ran fine.......

my mechanic explained what to look for--blue smoke when starting up (PCV) vs. smoke coming out the exhaust when I lay off the gas while going downhill
    (bad rings / valve guides)

plenty of smoke when starting up--not sure if was BLUE or just grey because it is cold out.......but I didn't see anything out the side mirror when I let off the gas pedal going down a hill

then after searching the site......I came across the EGR valve? still not sure what that is....but reading all the info gave me a headache !!!

would my best bet be--since I am a new owner--and mechanically the vehicle may not have been best taken care of--- I should do what??

currently there is 96740 thousand miles on it......Oil change sticker says 99080--- so, it was't driven all too long before noticing some oil was missing...I'd say a quart and a half? or just over a quart......

I'm not a mechanic.........not even close.......I can check the oil and other fluids and fill em up if needed......but that's about it

You mention a 3 inch body lift? Not a 3 inch suspension lift???

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    You mention a 3 inch body lift? Not a 3 inch suspension lift???
    Here's how he did it:

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=91
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.