Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: ALL Ironmans Check in Here....

Welcome vince !

The spare tire cover screws can be purchase @ saint charles isuzu,ask for merlin and let him know you are a new member of this great forum.

Good deal + free shipping !!
    Dakar was just the begining.

Thanks Gussie--

Will do !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Welcome vince !

The spare tire cover screws can be purchase @ saint charles isuzu,ask for merlin and let him know you are a new member of this great forum.

Good deal + free shipping !!

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Its been a couple years of VX happiness. I guess it's time to check in & take over this thread with some pics.

July 2009 Ironman "ZU" purchased with 107K miles.The VX had a small spacer lift & 31" tires.

2011 and I've been mod crazy . 35" tires, 919 coil springs, 3" body lift, 2" diff drop, kilby skid plates, Hella 500s, custom hood insert, roof rack, manual hubs, custom spare tire carrier & black hood . Now ZU is my daily driver & has 127K miles on the odo. Soon to be installing rock sliders, winch, on board air, snorkel, cargo basket, ARB lockers & my own super flexy rear axle mod.

Hey Fellas

Thanks to everyone on the site for posting so much awesome information......the VX had its first oil change a few weeks ago, the wife has been driving from SE PA to NJ for job training..........with all that in mind......I have been really watching the oil........before she left on Tuesday morning, I checked the oil and told her to take the Frontier........told her why........

here, the VX was down over a quart in little under 1000 miles.........

I did not have the PCV valve changed out--- that will happen from here on out with every oil change.....

new owner.....the vehicle is in great condition...but, when I bought it, a spark plug was cracked and it was running like crap....replaced all the spark plugs and it ran fine.......

my mechanic explained what to look for--blue smoke when starting up (PCV) vs. smoke coming out the exhaust when I lay off the gas while going downhill
    (bad rings / valve guides)

plenty of smoke when starting up--not sure if was BLUE or just grey because it is cold out.......but I didn't see anything out the side mirror when I let off the gas pedal going down a hill

then after searching the site......I came across the EGR valve? still not sure what that is....but reading all the info gave me a headache !!!

would my best bet be--since I am a new owner--and mechanically the vehicle may not have been best taken care of--- I should do what??

currently there is 96740 thousand miles on it......Oil change sticker says 99080--- so, it was't driven all too long before noticing some oil was missing...I'd say a quart and a half? or just over a quart......

I'm not a mechanic.........not even close.......I can check the oil and other fluids and fill em up if needed......but that's about it

Holy Crap !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Its been a couple years of VX happiness. I guess it's time to check in & take over this thread with some pics.

July 2009 Ironman "ZU" purchased with 107K miles.The VX had a small spacer lift & 31" tires.

2011 and I've been mod crazy . 35" tires, 919 coil springs, 3" body lift, 2" diff drop, kilby skid plates, Hella 500s, custom hood insert, roof rack, manual hubs, custom spare tire carrier & black hood . Now ZU is my daily driver & has 127K miles on the odo. Soon to be installing rock sliders, winch, on board air, snorkel, cargo basket, ARB lockers & my own super flexy rear axle mod.

You mention a 3 inch body lift? Not a 3 inch suspension lift???

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    You mention a 3 inch body lift? Not a 3 inch suspension lift???
    Here's how he did it:

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=91
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hey, thanks Tom! I knew I saw this somewhere here in this man-cave of knowledge. Just couldn't find my way back to it. It's in My Favs now.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

No problem. It was on the top of the How 2 list on the home page (I didn't even need to use the search function)

I'll make it official and do an entry like everyone.
    Bought mine in August 2008 with 68,000 miles on her. Now she has 83,000 miles on her. As I understand it there were only 400 of the Ironman Edition delivered to the U.S. Wonder how many are left?? Here's a before and after pic of my baby.

I'm still considering doing a 3 inch body lift.

Maddawg, looks great in both pictures. Where was the first picture taken?

2001 ironman

Started in Vegas, as an executive head office ride, then was sold internally by Isuzu to a dealer in Denver, then I found it in New York, it's in Saskatchewan now, wonder how far North she'll end up? 140k, runs strong, looks great, riding on 18's but got big lug mudders for the fun days! All stock, perfect, as Isuzu intended!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
    Maddawg, looks great in both pictures. Where was the first picture taken?
    That shot was taken on Hwy 138 close to Lake Arrowhead (Calif). Its a viewpoint pulloff along the highway.

01 Ironman/126k/ 3rd owner

Hey all,
    Been almost a month now since owning my "Dream Car!"
    Fell in love back in 99 after first seeing and test driving it. My test drive was during a Blizzard in Montana. SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!
    I am Originally from Montana relocated to Gilroy,CA (Garlic Capital of the World)
    I am an Enrolled member of the Crow Nation/Tribe in Montana.
    Loving my VX the more I drive it.
    I enjoy this site and all the Knowledge in the search.
    Here is my daily Driver, Bone Stock besides Stereo.
    Look forward to the Journey with you all.

Had my Ironman for a couple of weeks now....

and loving her more each day.
    She has 95k miles.
    So far I have done R1 Slotted Brake Rotors, EBC Green Brake Pads, APEX Stainless Brake Lines, and Tweaked the Torsion Bars to level.
    Next week will do Rancho 9000 Adjustable Shocks, Idler Pulley, Belt Tensioner, and New Serpentine Belt.
    After that, time to decide on larger tires.
    GPA