Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bart where are you at??

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

bart where are you at??

i know im getting excited to see my bloody valentine....

im just surprised i havent heard any excitement from you yet...

this just seems like your type of movie...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Here is your criticism

Never end a sentence with a prepostion. It should be "Bart where are you?"

When I is by itself it should be capitalized.

It should be i'm not im and haven't not havent.

http://grammartips.homestead.com/prepositions1.html

But I would agree the sentence was incorrect. (see how I started with But) Should be, "Bart. Where are you?"

I aint know english major tho.

Think I'll go this weekend... Can be hard for me to watch 3D movies, so I hope this one is done well.

You know, I haven't even seen the original, but it is in my Netflix queue. This new 3D one does look interesting. However, I have a tendency to doubt it will be any good, as remakes are typically bad for the most part, save for a few gems out there.

It's funny, you would think that just because the film has a gas masked character in it, that I would be all-over-it. But honestly, since I quit collecting, I have sort of put the whole gas mask thing behind me. I have even thought of changing my username. I still think gas masks are uber-cool and everything. But, it's just one of those things, kind of like an alcoholic who quit drinking and doesn't really want to go to bars any more. I will however subject myself to bad cinema just to catch a glimpse of a VX! (man, I swear that VX-02 in Mission To Mars was the ONLY good thing about that movie )

Furthermore, the theater experience is something I reserve only for highly anticipated films that I absolutely cannot wait to see.

If you want to hear me rave about an upcoming film that I am super excited about, it will have to be The Watchmen. I really hope the film is at least half as good as the graphic novel. After that, the next installment of the Terminator series will be on my list of movies to see opening weekend.

circmand, how was my grammar? I know I have a tendency to write run-on sentences, especially in this casual arena...

Bart

Not too bad

Circmand should be capitalized.

I'm not much into grammar but his tag line did request criticism and I could not resist:bgwg:

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Circmand should be capitalized.

I'm not much into grammar but his tag line did request criticism and I could not resist:bgwg:
    I didn't capitalize it because it isn't capitalized in your username...

Funny, I think the Interwebs has created a whole new lot of slang worlds and grammar.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    I didn't capitalize it because it isn't capitalized in your username...

Funny, I think the Interwebs has created a whole new lot of slang worlds and grammar.

Bart
    Bastardizing the Queens English I tell you!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    hmmm...
    this is an interesting discussion direction for this post to be taken, and yes I am very aware of my poor grammar on the internet. I am forced to have good grammar at school. Therefore I choose to be lazy when I discuss situations on the internet.

less formally-
    you just seem like a horror movie type of guy bart...that added with the gas mask just made me think of you...every time my girlfriend or i see a commercial for this movie we talk about you and your VX lol so i just thought i would bring it up...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

When I is by itself it should be capitalized.

It should be i'm not im and haven't not havent.
    Correcting others grammar & spelling can be an AWFULLY slippery slope...

Most folks don't forget, & go out of their way to watch what you do, say & spell from then on...

Besides, grammar, punctuation & spelling, have all gone in the toilet, since the new rage in communication is "texting"

Scuse ME, but WTF ever happened to TALKING to one another?

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Scuse ME, but WTF ever happened to TALKING to one another?
    It's hard to talk to you when you don't even have a cell phone... Of course if you did, I'd probably just text you.

j/k

I totally agree with the texting thing, but disagree with the talking thing. I don't like either I generally prefer email, cause it's on my terms, you send a message, when I get to it, I respond

If it's an urgent matter, call me, Leave a voicemail, and depending on what is on the message I'll gauge how long I have before I "should" call back. I hate talking on the phone...

I prefer FTF or email.

---

THE WATCHMEN will be awesome... better be

I haven't seen The Spirit but have heard horrible things, I loved 300, and Sin City is in my top 5. I love Frank Miller. I haven't read the watchmen but it seems more frank miller than typical DC... (I'm not a comic book dude, the only ones I've read are the Sin City set, and 300, and both of those were within the last 3 years )

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    you just seem like a horror movie type of guy bart...that added with the gas mask just made me think of you...every time my girlfriend or i see a commercial for this movie we talk about you and your VX lol so i just thought i would bring it up...
    Funny, you know, horror is probably not my most favorite genre. Reason being, is that typically, 90% horror films tend to be kind of silly and stupid. That said, I do really like GOOD horror films. Some of my favorites are (not remakes, originals) The Exorcist, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hellraiser, The Omen, and The Howling. I can honestly say I really don't care for films like Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, or even the Halloween films, save for the first one. They are just too stupid. I like movies of all types, but I suppose my favorite genre would be sci-fi actually. But again, it all depends on how well the movie is made. Just to give you a better idea of my taste, here is my top 10 list:

1) Blade Runner (easily the greatest film ever made, imho)
    2) The Terminator
    3) Predator
    4) The Mad Max Triology
    5) Alien & Aliens
    6) The Thing (John Carpenter's remake, and probably my favorite remake of all time)
    7) Reservoir Dogs
    8) The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
    9) Léon (The Professional)
    10) Akira

Honestly, I would feel better making a top 100 list because there are so many awesome films that don't fit on that list but deserve to (like The Exorcist and Chainsaw Massacre). But the above should do. Anyway, so imo, a horror movie has to be serious, and actually pretty scary/disturbing for me to like it. Crap like Cabin Fever and The Descent just don't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Funny, I was just saying this morning that very soon there will classes for "Digital Ebonics"! Anyone ever seen "Idiocracy"? ...I think we are on our way.
    Oh yes, we are WELL on our way!

Bart

Man SCI FI is my favorite

But our top ten lists are quite different

But our top ten lists are quite different
    Just please don't say Silent Running.

Bart

10) Akira
    I really wish I could talk you out of this one... Akira is probably the most popular import from Japan, but it is far from the best, in my not-so-humble opinion. There's some stuff that is so much better. On the other hand, there are oceans of stuff out there that is just unwatchable.

If you're just looking for an animated sci-fi movie, try the 2004 version of "Appleseed".

Just please don't say Silent Running.
    Bwaahahahaha... I totally wanted one of those little cars they were driving around, though.