Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: All Protons check-in here!

Quote Originally Posted by tribalvx View Post

does it count if its still a proton under my carbon fiber viynl wrap?
    Sooner or later, you'll miss that 'happy face yellow' color eventually and peal off that nasty black stuff.

So Yah, we'll still let you in our exclusive (better-n ever'body else) club!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Sooner or later, you'll miss that 'happy face yellow' color eventually and peal off that nasty black stuff.

So Yah, we'll still let you in our exclusive (better-n ever'body else) club!
    >>> >>> I can't imagine ever covering the yellow.. but Im barely in the "proton" club myself.. since mine was Mica when I bought it.. and paid MACCO a sh** ton to make it as close to Isuzu's proton.. it's what they call Indy Solar Sun.. incase anyone ever needed to be more yellow..
    driving anything other than my Proton makes me want to puke

Quote Originally Posted by mborodi View Post
    >>> >>> I can't imagine ever covering the yellow.. but Im barely in the "proton" club myself.. since mine was Mica when I bought it.. and paid MACCO a sh** ton to make it as close to Isuzu's proton.. it's what they call Indy Solar Sun.. incase anyone ever needed to be more yellow..
    Good to know. BTW, Rustoleum "John Deere Yellow" is a pretty close match too if you ever need to rattle can any parts. I actually painted my rear door with it & then put clear coat over it (Yah, I'm that cheap).

it wasnt hard for me to find proton yellow i think the paint code is on the door

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Good to know. BTW, Rustoleum "John Deere Yellow" is a pretty close match too if you ever need to rattle can any parts. I actually painted my rear door with it & then put clear coat over it (Yah, I'm that cheap).
    omg.. that's awesome.. I work for a car dealer, so my "cheap-o" dealer cost proton "indy solar sun" was $1200 bucks.. Macco screwed it up so badly because, as the manager told me after I came completely unglued on him regarding the 7 days they had her.. brought it back crappy.. took it for another 7 days.. brought it back again.. crappy.. and so on.. for a total of 21 days at Macco.. it's still needing to be fixed.. I told him to stuff it sideways.. (but a whole lot nastier with a whole lot of "Im not southern, Im from Boston, my father was a trucker and a retired Army MP, retired State Trooper" attitude.. yeah.. I bought touch up paint and fixed it myself for 12 bucks.. they taped off at the cladding instead of removing.. when they pulled the tape off, it stripped the brand new Back to Black I'd just done a month before.. there were spots of missing paint all together.. 21 days.. the manager doesn't like me much.. since I pulled my entire dealer's account with them.. costing them way more than 1200 bucks for a crappy paint job.. they lost more than that in weekly cars they "were" painting for my dealership.. mess with me will ya.. dealer supply stores also carry these great little paint "pens" like a jumbo sharpie in just the most perfect Proton color.. you can touch up with it.. you can write on your windows if you feel like it.. (I did- I wrote on the back glass "if you want a bad paint job & pay a great price, go to Macco on 34th" and drove around for weeks)

2001 Vin: 586
    165k miles

I bought it from a forum member: http://vehicross.info/forums/member.php?u=2497, so it was around this forum since 2006.

I did a few minor tweaks on my VX since I got it from Henry:

Grats Leon

Can't see the pix whilst at work. I'll certainly check them out later though.

Quote Originally Posted by tribalvx View Post

does it count if its still a proton under my carbon fiber viynl wrap?
    If I ever landed a proton I would never even so much as think of covering it up. You should wear your proton color with pride in my opinion. :-)
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

2001 Proton Vin: 0401

The Gater

2001 vin 0938
    80,000 miles
    Wildbill

Anyone looking to sell ~October this year? PM me.