After ponder this question for a very long time, I might be getting a Vehicross. I joined this forum a couple of years ago (JAN of 2015) looking for advice on the question of "if" I should get a Vehicross or keep my Tacoma. I decided then that to keep the Tacoma and moved on. But I always held out hope of one day getting a VX. I think I may have found one.

I was living in Colorado at the time, and now I live in Georgia. The Army is great about moving me around. Anywho, I have done as much I care to with the Tacoma without affecting resale value. However, what I want (really) is something I can have fun with without worrying about scratching the paint. Not that I dive vehicles offroad hard (I am getting to old for that anyway), but something I can enjoy taking out and not worrying too much about scratches from brush and the like. Oh, and I am keeping the Tacoma as well.

I have a line on a VX for $3995 at a dealership that isn't local. The dealer says it runs great, but they always say that. After looking up the vin, it would appear the electric windows have an issue of coming off track and more importantly, the engine was seized at least once back in 2006 when the motor lost all of its oil. I will be contacting the dealer on Monday morning for more info. I want to know if it the original motor was rebuilt or a replacement was found. I am thinking I may be able to use this to get the price even lower. As this is also a "project car", it really doesn't matter to me, but if I can make the dealer think that I think it matters, it may save me some money. We shall see.

Of course, the most important thing is that the wife is finally on board with the idea of a project vehicle since it was also her that convinced me to be more ... conservative ... when modifying the Tacoma. Really I am glad she did. It is a great vehicle, but not something that I want to modify too much.

Anyway, if this works out, what other questions should I be looking to ask about a VX before I buy? Thanks for any replies!