Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: All Ebonys check-in here!

Any heads up when I meet her tomorrow?

double post sorry
    Last edited by daytonavx : 03/16/2014 at 05:33 AM

Quote Originally Posted by daytonavx View Post
    double post sorry
    Very broad question.....
    Have you seen the VX questionnaire for buyers?
    It covers many many areas of importance specific to the VX.
    But, *** NUMBER 1 ISSUE IS TO CHECK THE OIL AT EVERY FILL UP!!***
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Very broad question.....
    Have you seen the VX questionnaire for buyers?
    It covers many many areas of importance specific to the VX.
    But, *** NUMBER 1 ISSUE IS TO CHECK THE OIL AT EVERY FILL UP!!***
    Thanks for the reply and I will since this seems to be a thing one has to live with owning one of these with that eng! Yes I have seen to look for some things other than the normal used car no no's. Isuzu VX parts being rare is a worry. Am I on the wrong track thinkin this can be a daily or twice weekly driver?

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    NO!!...

Am I on the wrong track thinkin this can be a daily or twice weekly driver?
    Many use their VX as daily driver.....

Just be aware that MPG isnt great..and check oil every fill up..

...until you get used to its consumption rate.

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Mine is a daily driver...and yes the fuel economy is not great (I average about 16 mpg) and fortunately I don't use much oil.

Be careful until you get use to the lack of visibility and learn where the blind spots are.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

WOW was I almost HAD!

Just got back! 500 miles one way for a big disappointment! Drivers door sagging, wheel inner chrome pitting & peeling in sheets, inside smell's, engine oil changed but almost off the dip stick with I guess a few test drives, brown and sludgy, brackets under hood corroded badly... drivers seat ripped, torn, freakin worn out! Eng leaking every where. I didn't get to a test drive. What a misleading dealer! Now am I being naive? Are these things expected/? I'm Still in the market for one that the better half and I can drive back via an interesting route.
    Check this out! looks good enough for a 1000 mile drive, check in hand, rental car paid for a one way drop off! Took two days off.
    http://www.usedcarsgroup.com/used-20...cn57x817d00281 Let me know what U would think Oh VX GuRU's
    Last edited by daytonavx : 03/17/2014 at 06:47 PM

Why would a dealer have a car looking so good on the outside, and not even bother to clean the inside?? Plain stupid.

Having said that, apart from the drivers seat, there didn't look to be anything that would not clean up.
    Sagging door can easily be checked to see if the hinges are worn (fixable), adjustment out (fixable), or frame bent (run away).
    Smells can be fixed unless there is a dead body in there.
    Wheel chrome pitting is expected on the OEM wheels.

Probably do better looking at one advertised on this site, because most of us here look after the vehicles.

Have you seen the VX pre-purchase check list on here??

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Why would a dealer have a car looking so good on the outside, and not even bother to clean the inside?? Plain stupid.

Having said that, apart from the drivers seat, there didn't look to be anything that would not clean up.
    Sagging door can easily be checked to see if the hinges are worn (fixable), adjustment out (fixable), or frame bent (run away).
    Smells can be fixed unless there is a dead body in there.
    Wheel chrome pitting is expected on the OEM wheels.

Probably do better looking at one advertised on this site, because most of us here look after the vehicles.

Have you seen the VX pre-purchase check list on here??

PK
    x2
    That's the same list I recommended in my post #122. It's quite comprehensive and you can ask those detailed questions by phone or email to a long distance seller to give you a better picture of the condition. Several of the problems you found are on the questionnaire.
    Hope this helps!
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...4&postcount=24

Thanks for the guidance, suggestions etc Yep read the check list, but the items These folk neglected to disclose was normal stuff for any auto. They even lied about when it was repainted. Fresh! Just an insult. I'm giving More of a warning to others I guess. I think they picked it up @ auction and found they were over their head. Anyway I will be more than happy to purchase one from someone that discloses what I can expect! Seems like these are where they get used the most snowy, sandy, areas. Not too close to flat FL and California isn't a easy drive back. This is a invite to anyone, what ya got or any U want to help a VX bud to sell. Thanks

Daytona... Your saying you went to that dealership in Milton, FL? I called them offering 5k out the door and of course they declined. I live two hours from there.

Quote Originally Posted by waaaaht View Post
    Daytona... Your saying you went to that dealership in Milton, FL? I called them offering 5k out the door and of course they declined. I live two hours from there.
    After I said I'm walkin away from this one they did offer it for 200 over their cost (6200) U better be good at repair and have the facility to do the work.

Just got back! 500 miles one way for a big disappointment! Drivers door sagging, wheel inner chrome pitting & peeling in sheets, inside smell's, engine oil changed but almost off the dip stick with I guess a few test drives, brown and sludgy, brackets under hood corroded badly... drivers seat ripped, torn, freakin worn out! Eng leaking every where. I didn't get to a test drive. What a misleading dealer! Now am I being naive? Are these things expected/? I'm Still in the market for one that the better half and I can drive back via an interesting route.
    Check this out! looks good enough for a 1000 mile drive, check in hand, rental car paid for a one way drop off! Took two days off.
    http://www.usedcarsgroup.com/used-20...cn57x817d00281 Let me know what U would think Oh VX GuRU's
    Looked at the ad again, that was a great bit of advertising there. how about the one in Utah I've never been to the great salt lake. Would any here attempt a drive x the us with one 14 yrs old?

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Looked at the ad again, that was a great bit of advertising there. how about the one in Utah I've never been to the great salt lake. Would any here attempt a drive x the us with one 14 yrs old?
    The one in UT is in great shape. It belongs to forum member arcobarco. If you search the For Sale section you'll find it posted there.

We have members that do drive across the US to Moab every year with no problems.

Like any used vehicle it it's been maintained and in good shape then driving it anywhere is not a big deal.

Just got my first! It seem to be n good to very good shape. It seems to use about a 1/4 quart every 1000. but i've only had it a couple weeks soooo we'll see. about as bone stock as it gets.(gonna change that!) So here we go!

[QUOTE=Norrin Radd;293433]Just got my first! It seem to be n good to very good shape. It seems to use about a 1/4 quart every 1000. but i've only had it a couple weeks soooo we'll see. about as bone stock as it gets.(gonna change that!) So here we go![/Hey, all right! If I get by, it's mine,
    Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine..]