Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

wife said we have to do yard work saterday...hmmm i think il park in the yard...hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    How badly damaged is the rear wheel well piece?

I'm looking for one...and a bit beat up could be OK.

jo
    Hi jo what's up ?

Look i bought a $ 55 wireless back up camera from ebay last year,actually was the 1rst mod i ever did on the horse since i purchase it.

It comes with a 3.5" screen,the camera is positioned over the upper edge of the license plate although i managed to remove the camera from the holding hardware & placed it on the half moon cladding & just attatch the wiring to the back up light.

The screen can be positioned on one of the AC vents,the sunvisor or over the dash board;I like how it works,very fair for the price
    Dakar was just the begining.

I'm going to debadge the front grill and replace the ISUZU with the VX logo I bought on ebay last week.

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    How badly damaged is the rear wheel well piece?

I'm looking for one...and a bit beat up could be OK.

jo
    jo; I'm attaching some photos
    Attachment 955

Attachment 956

Attachment 957

Attachment 958
    Last edited by Travelin2 : 09/14/2009 at 08:45 PM

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Thanks Travelin...

Its beat up the wrong end for me I'm afraid...back end damage would of been OK.

Oh well...thanks for posting the pics.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You bet jo, The damage was done by a teenager on a cell phone while the rig was sitting at a stop light. Damaged the cladding a little tin work and shoved the rear wheel back enough to damage the axle housing slightly. It ripped the weld on the housing at the forward rod mount. The shop used by the insurance co. Quoted full bore price on a complete axle etc. The total repair came to 6800 bucks. The ins. co. totaled it. The original owner told me that 3 days later the rig pulled up at his place of business looking fine and 3 Russian fellows came in and ask him for the remotes for the door locks. When he started questioning them about how they could have got the thing repaired already if it was so bad they took off. He thinks he was scammed on the deal and isn't a happy camper. I mentioned that I would be willing to purchase the VX stuff he has but he never returned my call. I guess when you get your girlfriend stolen you're bound to be sore for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelin2 View Post
    Going to install 3 new pieces of cladding on the passenger side tommorrow.
    John, you found replacements, Cool, now all you will have to do is get them to color match,..... good luck
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    I'm gonna fit the ORW with a new drivers side window regulator...

...and the SBC window "Support/rack".

I did it to the VXEN a few weeks ago...

...so much better!

jo

Put some RallyArmor flaps on my WRX this weekend. While I was at it, I toyed around with them for fitment on the VX. Looks like, they just might work with some minor adjusting, and they do offer a universal set anyways (ones on my WRX are pre-fitted). Gonna hook myself up with a set and try it out. MachV tends to get parts out to me quick so maybe this coming weekend I will be able to give it a shot.

RallyArmor

Oh, and CEL 442 popped up so I will be looking into that one too. Throttle position sensor if I am correct. Have not looked into it yet.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Finished up my CB install. Got the cb itself mounted to the side of the transmission tunnel, got the mic mounted to the dash on a custom made plate, and got the antenna wire run so it's all hidden. I mounted the antenna with a clamp style mount to the roof basket and now the VX looks like a big remote control car.

This actually took me a couple of weekends to do only because I wanted to make sure that when I take the CB out (I won't run it year round, just for Moab) I can tuck the wires away and you'd never know the CB was there in the first place.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Finished up my CB install. Got the cb itself mounted to the side of the transmission tunnel, got the mic mounted to the dash on a custom made plate, and got the antenna wire run so it's all hidden. I mounted the antenna with a clamp style mount to the roof basket and now the VX looks like a big remote control car.

This actually took me a couple of weekends to do only because I wanted to make sure that when I take the CB out (I won't run it year round, just for Moab) I can tuck the wires away and you'd never know the CB was there in the first place.
    woohoo!!! there are gonna more people to communicate with like myself with a real CB
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

That's a big 10-4 good buddy.

Mark, can you post some details and pics? Where exactly did you mount the CB? I would like one mounted up high like in a big rig but our head room is bad to begin with.

Bart

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Mark, can you post some details and pics? Where exactly did you mount the CB? I would like one mounted up high like in a big rig but our head room is bad to begin with.

Bart
    with the amount of time you spend wheeling i would think you would have a perminently mounted CB...

you could do something like mine, give a nice concealed look but great function..

i have mine mounted in the center console...ill try to get some pics for you tomorrow

Bart,

A friend is borrowing my camera right now, but I'll try and get some camera-phone shots so you can see what's going on. I thought about mounting the CB on the ceiling between the visors, but that would mean I would have to drill or cut into the headliner and I'm not about to do that. It looks a little "stuck on" mounted to the side of the transmission tunnel, but I think it works; particularly as a "temporary" installation.

Also, I'm sure you'll like this part, everything is black. I bought a Cobra 29LTDBC radio (http://www.walcottcb.com/cobra-29ltd...io-p-1242.html) because it's black chrome with a blue LED read out. SWEET!! I then painted the mounting bracket black so with the black and grey interior and the tinted windows it's really subtle.

Pics to come.