Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Changed front and rear diff fluids with Royal Purple 75W-140.

Change the aftermarket light switch from the Hella Optilux 20/20 to OEM switches...now all of my electical mods have OEM switches...

Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

I removed the passenger side half shaft (shop needed it to rebuild my spare set).

Installed Warn hubs.

Removed front axle breather tube and installed a bellows. Y'all who have installed the super flexy IFS kit may want to think about doing this. IIRC, the bellows was $30 (over priced but that's the law of supply & demand - I could only find one source) and it takes about 5 min to install. I'll try to snap a pic tonight.

Removed rear cladding so Welder Guy could get measurements for upgraded hidden hitch (more tongue weight capacity). Ended up removing the rear tube bumper & gave it to him as well so that he can replicate the lower cladding bolt features (the hitch will replace the tube bumper in the final product). We may end up losing the assembly line hoop thinggy on the passenger side too but he's going to try to retain that. Since you can get a receiver mounted Mr. Scary hook, I didn't think that would be too serious.

Did a little grinding on the hitch so that the cladding fits better.

Tried adjusting the rear door that is sagging - made it worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Today was battery day.

Yesterday I armed the alarm but couldn't turn it off. Luckily I knew about turning the key on-off-on because of this forum. (1) fob battery. I think it had been weak since I got the VX - never noticed the red LED on the fob before.

Today I switched cars during lunch. It started on the first try, but seemed to drag a bit. I barely had enough power to start after work. ScanGauge II said I was charging between 13.5v (stopped with AC on) & 13.9v - 14.1v while driving with AC off. Got home and the battery read 12.4v until I tried to crank it for a couple seconds and then it read 10.2v. (1) Duralast Gold (they were out of Victory White ) from Autozone to replace the 3-year-old Bosch Platinum that came with it.

I also put on my new weatherstripping. The old pieces on the cargo door and the rain channel on the body around the driver's door had split. The rain channel really bugged me. A previous owner had used some yellow glue to try and put it back together so every time I opened the door I was greeted with something that looked like someone with a really bad cold had blown their nose on it. Eww. Plus, it was still split and fluttered annoyingly in the wind as I drove.

Next up... test out a speedometer calibrator and swap the springs on the back to see if the low side is a bad spring or if I have something else going on. Hopefully I can do that Sun & Mon if I'm not sore from helping a friend clean up her tornado damage. (Destroyed her house. )
    Last edited by RickOKC : 05/27/2011 at 05:55 PM

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post

Tried adjusting the rear door that is sagging - made it worse.
    Sheet metal shims?

Installed Westin Bull Bar with Tones' (RIP) brackets. Fixed minor cladding mount issues.

Oh, and this is the first pic on the forum I've posted with the "Showroom New" cladding dye job, new "VX" badge and windows stripped and re-tinted.

Last edited by Grif : 05/29/2011 at 12:06 AM

I didn't do it, but I paid for it to be done...

bought some new tarz!!!
    This is how it came to me when I first bought it

and this is how it looks today.

I'm still debating fitting the 3" body lift from indy4x4, but won't decide on that until we see if the up and coming cv's and half shafts are going to be as bulletproof as we hope. Then I could fit some nice big 'ole knobbies on there!

Thanks to Billy I now have the DDM Tuning HID kit installed (5K Bi-Xenon). No blue look whatsoever, and SO much brighter than before!

With any luck we'll get the brake light, reverse light, and turn signal LEDs done tonight...

Wink Here's a preview of the "how to"

Looks great Dub!
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Sheet metal shims?
    Good idea, I think I'll give that idea a try this weekend.

Maybe whilst I'm putzin around in the driveway, I'll also finally fab up that license plate mount for the SuperBumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Too much red for my taste Lbud (opinions are like AHs I rekin ... everyone has one). Nicely done though - dang near perfesh-nal lookin.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Looks great Dub!
    Nicely done though - dang near perfesh-nal lookin.
    Thanx Guys ...

"Too much red for my taste Lbud "

Says the man who drives a self described "obnoxious Proton"....

I was quoting Meow.

Maybe it's time to replace/paint everything grey on my VX interior with YELLOW

... NOT!!!

Mile High, I love the OEM finished look. Can you point me in the right direction of what parts/vehicles you picked at? I'd love to do the same.

Last week for me were the three bike racks and general cleanup, this week the Thule 38" fairing went on, and I've ordered some easy aftermarket cosmetics like the WeatherTech wind deflectors and front and rear mats. I've ALSO ordered a set of OME913s to prep for the lift I'll be doing in July, along with bigger rims and tires. Shout out to Rickshaw for the detailed instructions in his thread and also the encouraging PM - thanks bud!

I may have taken her off the road for a few years, sure, but now that I've got her back, I'm going all out. She don't owe me a dime.

Cheers!
    -V

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Mile High, I love the OEM finished look. Can you point me in the right direction of what parts/vehicles you picked at? I'd love to do the same.

Last week for me were the three bike racks and general cleanup, this week the Thule 38" fairing went on, and I've ordered some easy aftermarket cosmetics like the WeatherTech wind deflectors and front and rear mats. I've ALSO ordered a set of OME913s to prep for the lift I'll be doing in July, along with bigger rims and tires. Shout out to Rickshaw for the detailed instructions in his thread and also the encouraging PM - thanks bud!

I may have taken her off the road for a few years, sure, but now that I've got her back, I'm going all out. She don't owe me a dime.

Cheers!
    -V
    I did the 3 button mod around the same time. My bezel came from a '96 Rodeo., '97 Rodeo is same.
    There's some slight differences in the footprint of the buttons, some are rocker switches which are slightly smaller footprint, instead of thes bulbous style push buttons.

Also, note, there's differences in the SWITCH and PIGTAIL you might find for the fog or rear gate release.
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showpos...&postcount=624
    These pics show the difference in the shape for the pigtail.
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showpos...43&postcount=3

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...ht=pigtail+fog
    Last edited by VX KAT : 06/23/2011 at 05:43 PM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.