Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Skids look great Sue, although I gotta say the super bumper really detracts from the appearance

That SuperBumper looks great Sue. 'Course it's the same as I'm running so rekin I'm biased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Ala5ka View Post
    Just a debadge for me, wondering how to cover Isuzu on the hubs? VXKAT is there a link to your build? I really like the tow rings, and the stance of your VX. And where do the new front emblems come from? Once mine is off then there will be a nasty dead spot on my grill
    Thanks!

1) tow rings (aka shackles, D-rings, Clevis hooks):
    This thread covers my shackles: thread:http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...=moab+shackles

2) Stance:
    I'm not lifted at all, no TB turns. Tires are 285/60-18s on OEM 18" rims, which raised it about 1" - 1 1/4".
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...ht=cooper+zeon

3) Emblem:
    Mine's made of titanium, a member (autox-racer) here used to make them for $60. Last year a thread got started to ask him to revive making these...he required min of 10 to do it, we never got to 10. May try reviving the thread again and see if you can get 10. There's a bunch of new owners, so maybe. The thread from last yr is gone, but you could contact him thru email and see if he's still willing to do the 10, then start a thread on it.

Second solution...another member in Tucson (Dayle) makes them in a variety of materials, from faux carbon fiber, to faux brushed stainless steel, and also various vinyl type, some puffy letters, (like Mile High VX has) some sharp edges like mine. He has more finishes than listed on his website, so contact him.
    I HAD the faux brushed s.s. from Dayle and it looked like the real thing....well worth the $20 or so.....but when a titanium set came up for sale from a member that bought them long ago, but never applied them, I grabbed them.
    http://svx-motorsport-accessories.st....net/veac.html
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    This weekend I will be cleaning out the dust from last years Moab......

.....so that I can make room for more dust this year!

Oh..and painting the new sliders, and a new CV boot too!

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Ala5ka View Post
    wondering how to cover Isuzu on the hubs?
    ...and this is the link to where to get the center cap replacements. I haven't done it yet, but it's on my to do list as well.

Hopefully, installing OME VX3's from Inde.4X....installing 2 meter antenna for for dualband radio. maybe front caliper clean and paint ..

Watch me lift my rack!

Yah! Watch me lift my rack!
    Got the pulley/hoist system finished up and in operation today! Thanks again to engineer Tom!

How many Nystroms does it take to lift a roof rack with spare tire, get it in place, line up the metal brackets and clear the custom rail caps, bring it down and mount it? More than we had today apparently.....

Here's just a teaser of the "fun" we had today, check out the rest of the pics in the picasweb album:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1147574...eat=directlink

Looks to be quite the endeavor Sue...though I'm glad your rack is back in it's rightful place, lol. Your day appears to have been far more challenging than mine.

This week's task for me was to remove all of my badges other than the 3.5L, 4WD, and center caps on the rims...all while drinking a martini or three. The finish was peeling off of the side and rear badges; they looked awful and thus needed to go. Not that the sunfaded spots where the badges used to be doesn't look awful, but hey...lesser of two evils. It'll blend in time. Nobody will probably notice but me anyway, lol. Methinks I'm far too anal sometimes.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Looks great Sue!

When I do mine solo (but without the tire so it may not work for you) I use a huge beach towel double folded on the roof, put the rack/basket down and gently slide it into place. No scratches and easy to move around and get lined up.

Just a thought.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Looks great Sue!

When I do mine solo (but without the tire so it may not work for you) I use a huge beach towel double folded on the roof, put the rack/basket down and gently slide it into place. No scratches and easy to move around and get lined up.

Just a thought.
    Pffft! no tire, that's a piece of cake!
    ~roof rack/basket - 29lbs
    ~spare tire/rim/metal holder -83 lbs
    ~combo - no, not priceless! %$#*&%

Tom....us weaklings couldn't lift this &%$#@ thing more than 3 ft off the ground just pulling on the rope (even with the double pulley).....so we had to abandon the 3rd pulley and was time to call in the horses! And the superbumper , now that 's priceless!

Actually since it was our first run-through, it was a little more complicated....won't be hard next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Looks great Sue!

Just a thought.
    This is my process also - put on the rack, then lift and mount the tire. Course that doesn't help Sue since I'm sure 54 lbs. Is just as bad as 83.

Sue - what's your end goal here? Are you trying to drive "topless" except when you're planning an offroad excursion? Or are you just trying to reduce weight / drag? If the latter maybe you could leave the rack (and covers) in place all the time and use the lift only for the tire? That 29 lb. delta might make it easier for you to work your pulley system, and dropping a tire on a large rack (lol) is much easier than maneuvering the crossbar feet into the rails.

Today I started my pre-Moab to-do list...

Today I removed my Asin hubs (drivers side is in need of rebuild) and put my stock slugs back on. Changed oil and filter. Topped off all fluids. Greased drive shaft zerks. While greasing my shaft (get your eyes out of the gutter) I discovered that apparently some time ago my rear sway bar has snapped in half! Break doesn't look fresh, so no clue how long it has been this way.
    Still to do this week is tranny and transfer case fluid change and AC charge.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    This is my process also - put on the rack, then lift and mount the tire. Course that doesn't help Sue since I'm sure 54 lbs. Is just as bad as 83.

Sue - what's your end goal here? Are you trying to drive "topless" except when you're planning an offroad excursion? Or are you just trying to reduce weight / drag? If the latter maybe you could leave the rack (and covers) in place all the time and use the lift only for the tire? That 29 lb. delta might make it easier for you to work your pulley system, and dropping a tire on a large rack (lol) is much easier than maneuvering the crossbar feet into the rails.
    ...you can say THAT again!

Goal was to never have to lift/heave the tire/rim up to or down from the roof rack......the ole' work smarter not harder idea. But wanted to make sure we had a system that could handle the full weight of tire/basket/holder/cross members....thus the test. Also wanted it so we can lift jerry can/s on the FJ.

Had the basket & tire on for the past full year, might have seen 1/2 MPG lower...surprised it wasn't more pronounced. I'm thinking of leaving the spare off now, except when off-road. I have hubby and AAA if I get a flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Today I started my pre-Moab to-do list...
    Hey Billy, see that Lucas brand in the auto stores all the time....what's that bottle say "Power Steering Stop Leak". I think some of the Lucas stuff I've seen in the stores is an engine treatment product, like Seafoam. Anybody use the different Lucas products?

That is power steering fluid/stop leak. Yes, mine leaks a bit. Lucas makes various fluids. Injecter cleaners, oil treatmeants, transmission treatment etc. They make good stuff.

2x^^ I use lucas and seafoam on a somewhat regular basis in my vehicles. I've been happy with both and have heard lots of good about them. From what I understand they are the best on the market (at least that's affordable).