Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Eric - Got part #'s?
    here is the link to where I got them from

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/B...72898-1-2.html

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Thanks!

just finished making a light rack to work with my new (factory) crossrails and loadwarrior. my last one was built to work with yakima round bars

looks good etl!
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Arrow

Yesterday i had front brake pads replaced,i also changed engine oil.

Today i done wheel balance and alignment.

My fender is gonna be repair this weekend

Last task to take care of is the CV boot
    Dakar was just the begining.

~ I was impatient (there's a newsflash) so got both VXC skid plates properly installed by my off-road shop. They were able to get them installed in the intended holes using 50mm bolts in the rear skid, 45mm up front.

He used a vice grip looking thing with each gripper thing being shaped like half a square, forming a square when they're pinched together. He used them to reach up under the rear cladding and pull the cladding and skid together at the same time, then locked that tool and installed the screws.

So I won't be taking these off and on while on the trail...well, off maybe...but will never get them back on.

My "rack" is currently undergoing cleaning & restoration so it's not in view here....

~ Also upgraded to the 24" black powdercoat sparebumper.com. Looks nice and beefy. Interestingly, we couldn't get the 24" superbumper in my receiver......tried dremeling it but that was way too lightweight...I needed a grinder! So we took it to the off road shop for some grinding! Both the inside of my receiver AND all 4 sides of the superbumper had to be ground down...goodbye powdercoat! Will have to spray both a little to prevent rust.

Thinking of using the 18" as a sacrificial lamb off road.....thoughts on that? I could argue either way....it sticks out so it will catch more things, but it will also protect the rear skid/cladding.....

18" sparebumper.com....and Teddy catching some breeze! Truck is covered with AZ desert dust....but my cladding is still nice and dark under all that dust!

24" sparebumper.com

~ Next, had to get the 2nd hole in my receiver shaved down some in order to get a pin through with the skid installed. It was just a shade low, and at a slight angle, but Brandon fixed me all up, AND ...finally......I got a nice locking pin through! YAH!!! I found a model that's a bit shorter than many others locking pins, it's solid stainless, with a more aggressive security design than most. I really like how it looks!
    It's made by "Lifelong locks", but the one I bought at HomeDepot was branded a "Reese" and has a really unique key shape.
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

I found Lifelong had the same model on clearance for $9.99 with a more common "round" key.
    http://shop.lifelonglocks.com/Stainl...d-Key-100R.htm

~ Next up.....I got a wild hair and upgraded my front round marker lights (from the small LED towers) to some mega bright LEDs by Vision-X.
    http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solsti...eae0014f11fed8
    They're very much like the ones yellowgizmo just installed (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...72&postcount=1)
    They're 2" round, with 40 degree beam pattern. About the same size as the Hella Micro DEs, but are 10W LEDs, lifetime warranty, mega bright. My stereo shop built brackets for them and used the OEM lens cover (although cut down), real clean install. Had them wired to my new OEM Rodeo fog switch on the 3 button panel. These pics don't even do them justice!

HID LOW beam only:

HID LOW beam and new LEDs:

HID HIGH beam only:

HID HIGH beam and new LEDs:

~ Used my dremel to cut down my rail caps a bit since the cross members tend to walk a little when installed, and the edges of the metal brackets were hitting the caps.

oh, forgot....got the oil changed, and then I changed the PCV valve.

Phewwwwww, I've been bizzy bizzy bizzy! Moab here I come!!!
    Last edited by VX KAT : 05/03/2011 at 11:06 PM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Great Photos

Skids look great Sue, although I gotta say the super bumper really detracts from the appearance of your rear. (LOL) New fog lamp LEDs look sharp too! I wish there was a way to get more light in there without having to fabricate housings - I wonder if V-LEDs' spider lights come in a smaller diameter? I think they're like 3" across, whereas you'd probably need less than 1.5-2" to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Skids look great Sue, although I gotta say the super bumper really detracts from the appearance of your rear. (LOL) New fog lamp LEDs look sharp too! I wish there was a way to get more light in there without having to fabricate housings - I wonder if V-LEDs' spider lights come in a smaller diameter? I think they're like 3" across, whereas you'd probably need less than 1.5-2" to fit.
    I agree, the superbumper ain't da purdiest thing back there.....
    These Vision-X "Solstice Solo Prime" lights are 2" wide and they don't fill it up. They added some gasket material and they're snug.
    These suckers put out 860 lumen! ...like I said, the pics don't do them justice.

Were they $149 a piece or for two. The ones I got were about that for two and put out 1600 lumen total.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowgizmo99 View Post
    Were they $149 a piece or for two. The ones I got were about that for two and put out 1600 lumen total.
    $150 each light....ouch.....but I got a lifetime warranty from the local stereo shop, which is valuable to me. I see now yours were 2 for around $150.
    But I got sucked in when he demo'd them for me, and when I saw that NASA, Trophy Trucks and the Border Patrol use them...
    Last edited by VX KAT : 05/04/2011 at 08:43 AM

Is the LED lifetime warrantied? I was wondering how long they're supposed to last with that level of output...

Quote Originally Posted by samneil2000 View Post
    Is the LED lifetime warrantied? I was wondering how long they're supposed to last with that level of output...
    Website mentions 50,000 hrs life and they have an Electronic Thermal management built in to monitor heat. Plus they have the multi blade design that provides the most surface space for heat dissipation ....although they don't get near hot enough to melt the plastic housing...I made sure to ask about that. There's also dimmable if I get a separate controller.

I thought I was going to get flashed by oncoming traffic...but I drove 25 miles at night on highway w/o a single flash. I selected the 40 degree beam (vs. the 20 degree) cuz it would suit my needs better on the dark dirt roads around here. He said the 40 degree beam would also be much less likely to annoy oncoming traffic, vs. the 20 degree beam.

I did discuss the vibration they'd get in my circumstances, and he said that's why the Border Patrol etc...use them and lifetime warranty.
    They consider bulbs "consumables" in the warranty for "Off road" lights, but these don't fall under that category per their product listing, so I think they may be covered.
    http://www.visionxusa.com/p31/Warranty/pages.html
    Last edited by VX KAT : 05/04/2011 at 09:02 AM

Just a debadge for me, wondering how to cover Isuzu on the hubs? VXKAT is there a link to your build? I really like the tow rings, and the stance of your VX. And where do the new front emblems come from? Once mine is off then there will be a nasty dead spot on my grill
    Check out VehiCROSSAmerica on Facebook or @VehiXAmerica on Twitter

Got new front door speakers installed yesterday. Went with Alpine SPS-600c components. I was surprised at how much the foam surrounds on the stock speakers had deteriorated. I guess that explains why they were crackling. Reviews online said that the Alpines were very good at reproducing highs and mid range and I have to agree with them. I guess the next step will be a sub of some sort to add some bass.