Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Boy & I washed & waxed the VX last night, polished the rims, polished the hazed headlights, applied tire shine (Yuk), added fresh B2B, ... Still gotta paint the wiper arms.

He is entering it into a car show on Saturday for Children's Miracle Network. He prolly won't win anything tho since he's got to pull out early for Prom. Unfortunately I can't go since I'll be in Lynchburg for Daughter's graduation.
    Not to be outdone by Tom, I detailed my VX today.

1) Vacuum the interior and wipe dust off all panels.
    2) Polish and wax exterior with Meguiar's orbital polisher, #6 Swirl Remover, and #26 Hit-Tech Yellow Wax.
    3) Turtle Wax Ice on all cladding and hood insert.
    4) 303 Protectant on the tires.
    5) Rain-X on windshield.
    6) Silicon spray on window channels.
    7) Even checked the tire pressures (35psi) and oil level (perfect.)

No car show, and it's a nasty day outside, so I don't even get to show it off before driving to work in the rain on Monday.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    ...and it's a nasty day outside, so I don't even get to show it off before driving to work in the rain on Monday.
    I thought you worked from home in your jammies.

or

is this the 'once every other month' day in the office?

Boy got a trophie for entering but had to pull out before the judging.

Parts are all in for the half shafts. Gotta get it in for the re-build so's I can have 4WD again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

My VX got a good break this weekend. Saturday, the STi got a much needed tune and I just couldn't stop driving it afterwards with all that fresh new torque and hp. Enabled launch control in Sport# mode and flat foot shifting. Heck, and I still have more mods coming for it.... the poor VX might very well end up just getting a cover put on it in the garage very soon, heh.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

This week.....

I had a busy week with the VX. I took off the bumper, took out the headlights, rewired my hell micro de hid projector fog lights so that now I have a relay per bulb, seems to be working better. Also rewired all my non stock grounds to a better location and cleaned up the install.

Then I stuck the headlights in the oven to loosen the glue, separated the different parts, painted them all black (including the chrome housing), then I installed the new projector headlights and wired everything up with a new harness.

Then I installed a new a/c blower motor.

Then I removed the AEM dry flow 3" filter and cleaned it to like new with the k&n dry synthetic filter cleaner. Worked great it looks new.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    I had a busy week with the VX. I took off the bumper, took out the headlights, rewired my hell micro de hid projector fog lights so that now I have a relay per bulb, seems to be working better. Also rewired all my non stock grounds to a better location and cleaned up the install.

Then I stuck the headlights in the oven to loosen the glue, separated the different parts, painted them all black (including the chrome housing), then I installed the new projector headlights and wired everything up with a new harness.

Then I removed the AEM dry flow 3" filter and cleaned it to like new with the k&n dry synthetic filter cleaner. Worked great it looks new.
    What temp and how long in the oven? My passenger side light had moisture in it at some point, so even polished,its cloudy.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post

And thennnnnnnnnn... I took pictures of my projector headlights. Hint hint.

Place headlights on a cookie sheet with a DAMP towel on top of the cookie sheet. You do not want the headlight touching metal when hot.

200 degrees for 5-6 minutes, remove and slowly start working your way around prying the headlight apart. I wore gloves during this whole process and used a screwdriver being careful not to scratch the plastic that would be seen.

On the first headlight I had to return it to the oven once more for another 3 minutes to get it totally loose, on the second one it just took the original 5 minutes. To get all the nasty old glue out I used Goo Gone pro power from home depot. It was the only adhesive remover I could find that was safe for plastics and it is not runny but more of a gel so i just let it sit in the grooves for 10 mins and then scraped out with screwdriver came out great. On the clear lens I used the goo gone as well but just sprayed on one section at a time let soak for a few seconds and then used a hand towel to wipe it clean. Got everything off the housings this way. Sealed them back up with the right stuff gasket maker.

On a side note I got a little moisture in the headlights when the seals on the back were not covered well. I think back then I just used some gorilla tape to cover the opening behind the headlight on the rubber seal. Seemed to work back then. Now I have a rubber grommet shoved in there for a pretty good fit.

Pictures are on their way..... I still am going to drop the front diff replace all axle seals, replace power steering pump, replace the starter, replace alternator, the passenger upper ball joint and steering link and then reinstall both cv's and front driveshaft, and then start on the interior remodel in the next week or so, so pictures will come when I am done.

I guess I could upload some pictures of just the new headlights after I clean the Little Beast up. I have them all on my phone and texted Lisa(VXCrazy) some already, but it is dirty so I won't upload those ;-). I did take pictures during the whole process if anyone else wants to do the mod i will probably do a how to shortly. It does look really mean now, and I think they match the Hella Micro DE projector fogs perfectly! I like this kit because it uses the factory alignment so no adjustments are necessary to line up the beams, they were perfect as soon as I installed them.
    Last edited by LittleBeast : 05/16/2011 at 09:45 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    No car show, and it's a nasty day outside, so I don't even get to show it off before driving to work in the rain on Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    I thought you worked from home in your jammies.

or

is this the 'once every other month' day in the office?
    Some suit is in town, so my boss called a team meeting. Lucky for me, I was a week off, so I don't go in til NEXT week, and hopefully it will be dry. I did have one opportunity to show off on Sunday before the rains came through. Best looking VX in the whole parking lot!!

"once every other month" - I think it's been longer than that. I haven't bought gas for the VX since early February!

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post

And thennnnnnnnnn... I took pictures of my projector headlights. Hint hint.

Hey sorry I haven't taken any photos of the Little Beast clean with them installed yet. I am trying to get everything done under the hood and with the drivetrain before I detail the VX :-)

Awesome work!!! That's how they should have came! I worked on.... well crap I don't have a VX anymore
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Ha!

and I'm jealous of your headlights little beast!

Looks great! Thanks for pics!

New lights look great, nice work.

Spent today detailing my friends VX. Full wash, clay, polish and wax and cladding treatment. Used Meguiar's trim detailer for anyone who's curious. I know its not the best stuff and wont last long, but its all I had on hand and it looks great for now. Didn't have time to today but I'll be taking some pictures of it tomorrow and I'll put some in my gallery. Still gotta clean the engine bay and fix the loose steering on it tomorrow.

Also, he had a new windshield put in it this week and the glass shop told him that the windshields are very hard to come by now. There were only 2 on the west coast, and the next closest was one in Nebraska and another in Texas.

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    Well, my "Lilith" got a new fan clutch this weekend and a new sound system also. I've only had her a month and the previous owner blew all the original speakers and never replaced them. So now we've got new speakers in the front door, new ones in the back sides, and two 12" speakers in the back. With my freshly blacked out windows, I feel like a sexy beast in my loud VX. I live in northern Arkansas and NO ONE around here has even seen a VX. A state trooper pulled me over last week just to look at it. He's a big time off-roader with his Jeep and told me he's only ever seen one VX....it was in Texas, pulling out every single "off-road vehicle" that got stuck in the same swamp it had just plowed through. This cop was literally on his back under my VX looking at the suspension. I told him the next time he wanted to violate my VX he'd have to take me to dinner first. Gosh, I sure do love being the center of attention in this tiny country town.....

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by VXobsession View Post
    Gosh, I sure do love being the center of attention in this tiny country town.....
    I hear ya'...I'd love to take mine back to Beebe, AR just to see the reaction in that small town of 4200...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up