Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

Rehabbed the hood...

Thought I was just going to replace the crappy crusty rotted insulation with Dynamat and wound up painting the metal underside as well. Moving onto repainting the insert. Finished the clearcoat tonight and will be finishing up tomorrow night. Pics to follow!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BoarderCROSS2000 View Post
    Thought I was just going to replace the crappy crusty rotted insulation with Dynamat and wound up painting the metal underside as well. Moving onto repainting the insert. Finished the clearcoat tonight and will be finishing up tomorrow night. Pics to follow!
    It's funny how mods/repairs can get away from you sometimes...

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    Gang:
    I have a confession to make - I stole someone's idea about the markers (was it Marlin?) and suggested to my friend who has been thinking about a markers replacement, to implement it on his JDM Vehicross... Here is the result!
    Sorry for the hijack, but now you can see how they look on a (JDM) Vehicross..

http://forum.4x4club.ru/index.php?showtopic=82457
    Vodka... Connecting people

Well I've finally managed to save $7.50 for the rear cargo light from Wal-mart (don't laugh times are tough). Gonna go by and see if my store has any in stock and will attempt the mod like ldubs post #11 of this thread don moore rear area cargo light. 07/14/2009, 01:44 AM.

Only thing that scares me is Dubs gonna be in Gilbert, Mn. this weekend so I won't have him if I run into technical difficulties.
    So I said to myself, I said "Handee"
    and this voice came back and said..
    "He's not in, may we take a message?"

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Petos View Post
    Gang:
    I have a confession to make - I stole someone's idea about the markers (was it Marlin?) and suggested to my friend who has been thinking about a markers replacement, to implement it on his JDM Vehicross... Here is the result!
    Sorry for the hijack, but now you can see how they look on a (JDM) Vehicross..

http://forum.4x4club.ru/index.php?showtopic=82457
    Yea i think it was Marlin!!
    Awesome btw! it blends it with the curves of the cladding nicely.
    I love going through your guys russian 4x4 forum, tho with a translator
    Just always look for cool vx pics etc

For me im still doing my bonnet insert as done it with the bumper black paint turned out ok but stuffed up once part so redoing it tho with different paint.
    Last edited by Sprey : 10/02/2009 at 06:50 PM

I went to 3 Wal-marts this weekend, none of them had the LED lights like dubs....gotta keep looking.

Plus that was after taking nearly 2 weeks to save $7.50.
    Last edited by handeeman : 10/05/2009 at 10:56 AM

I saw them locally last week. Lemme know if you need me to pick 1 up for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by handeeman View Post
    I went to 3 Wal-marts this weekend, none of them had the LED lights like dubs....gotta keep looking.

Plus that was after taking nearly 2 weeks to save $7.50.
    ...which probably cost you $7.50 in gas.

Swapped the wheels back the A/Ts today in preparation for its MOT (roadworthyness and safety test) next Friday. Want to swap out the other passenger seat tomorrow and figure out just how I'm going to manage to fit a snorkel...

A

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    I saw them locally last week. Lemme know if you need me to pick 1 up for you.
    Hey Tom, thanks for the offer....as you know by now from my "Rear cargo light - what did I do wrong" thread I found one..but I appreciate your kindness...Your former bestest friend.

[quote=vt_maverick;174338]...which probably cost you $7.50 in gas.
    [quote]

yep i bet I spent 12.50 in diesel....but I'm pretty pleased with the result.

This weekend I'm gonna try and detail the VX, hope I find the time.

Not going to do anything to the VX, but I might try and install the Isuzu garage door opener link on my garage door so I can open it with the stock key fob.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Lightbulb Head light bulbs upgrade

Today after work i proceed to replace the 60/55W head light bulbs for the hella 100/80w.

Definately a huge diference between both sets.

Tomorrow i'm gonna try a experiment.I bought a heat gun to reacondition the claddings,i'll try to get a video up & some pics to show you guys the outcome.

I'm still bit rectulant about the youtube videos showing these guys performing such work.but again,nothing to loss few minutes at a very hidden spot at the bottom of the cladding to prove the theory.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post

Tomorrow i'm gonna try a experiment.I bought a heat gun to reacondition the claddings,i'll try to get a video up & some pics to show you guys the outcome.

I'm still bit rectulant about the youtube videos showing these guys performing such work.but again,nothing to loss few minutes at a very hidden spot at the bottom of the cladding to prove the theory.
    I tried the cladding reaconditioning by heat this morning,but the heat gun i bougth at pepboys is a bit weak for the job,however i managed to do some of it on a small area at the botton of the fornt bumper & i can tell it's something to look into.

I will hold on 'till spring season & grab a heavy duty heat gun with higher wattage.

Later while waiting for my mother at a shopping centre i decided to invest some of the time and went to a nearby autozone store lurking around the shelves & saw this set of 7 color LED diodes for just 10 bucks ( autopilot model LI-194M ) and replaced the two bulbs that lights up the headlights horns.

The little mod look just perfect,the LED diodes change colors in a coordinate sequence.
    At a traffic light few by standers were all looking at the horse around 8:00pm & all were enchanted by the LED diodes changing colors,had a lot of fun.

to be continued........

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

Finally pulled the trigger on the Magnum drilled rotors that I 've been lusting after...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnum-brake-rot...item588441ca2a

Fast shipping, fit well, good price = happy dub...

Glad I decided to do this mod, as I had been procrastinating on servicing the front bearings...

Guess who put it off too long...

Turns out, my left front inner had been dry for some time, long enough for the cage to come apart. It created enough heat that it expanded the hub, so when I installed the new race, it rotated freely in the hub...
    Well, I must be livin' right or somethin'...
    There happened to be a used hub on ebay, that was only 150ish miles away, and for only 5O bucks...
    Thanks to Pams Auto Salvage in St. Cloud MN, I'm now back up-N-runnin', rollin' on some sweet drilled rotors...
    Last edited by Ldub : 11/15/2009 at 06:36 AM

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Finally pulled the trigger on the Magnum drilled rotors that I 've been lusting after...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Magnum-brake-rot...item588441ca2a

Fast shipping, fit well, good price = happy dub...

Glad I decided to do this mod, as I had been procrastinating on servicing the front bearings...

Guess who put it off too long...

Turns out, my left front inner had been dry for some time, long enough for the cage to come apart. It created enough heat that it expanded the hub, so when I installed the new race, it rotated freely in the hub...
    Well, I must be livin' right or somethin'...
    There happened to be a used hub on ebay, that was only 150ish miles away, and for only 5O bucks...
    Thanks to Pams Auto Salvage in St. Cloud MN, I'm now back up-N-runnin', rollin' on some sweet drilled rotors...
    Well done larry.

Today i went downstairs & replace the nozzles with blue LED for white.

I got to replace the front left outer CV boot & treat the undercarriage with antirust just for the sake of the horse.