Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New VX in Portland, Oregon

New VX in Portland, Oregon

Hey all,

Boy am I excited.

I am flying tomorrow a.m. to get my VX. I hope to be back in Portland by late Saturday night or Sunday mid-day.

The VX is in Sacramento, CA, and is owned by a non-site-member.

I am wondering if I could get info on active site-users in the Pacific Northwest.

I'll upload some pictures when I get home.....

Wish me luck.

Thanks,

Keith

Oh ! well you are welcome my friend

You should have the opportunity to meet some fellow brother within or near the VX location.

Why don't you do a lil home work & do a search for member located any where around ?

there got to be at least one or two VX'ers i bid on that.

So now you fully become a VX'er.
    Dakar was just the begining.

I looked a few in the Sacramento area before the holidays, what year and mileage, I might be able to give some insight if it's one I looked at. Good Luck, Welcome.

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    Welcome--
    Roy in Seaside, just 90 min. away.

Is it an Ebony VX? With a trailer hitch?!?
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

you might get to find the OREGON VX owners here??
    sweet --looks like a VXs get together soon???
    welcome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Keith--- Welcome to the addiction!!! At the search icon, do a "search" for: Pacific Northwest

It will immediately bring up a "thread" for you to click-on which shows most or all of the "Pacific Northwest VX'ers" here on the Vehicross.Info website.

Well,

I made it home. Turned 55,0000 on the way home.

The VX is Silver with a little cladding damage on the drivers side front and rear corners. No trailer hitch.

I did the search as suggested but, a lot of theb threads were dated a couple years ago. So I was not too sure if those reflected folks who are still active VX's or not.

That's why I started this new post.

Thanks all. Pictures to come..

Keith

Keith--- Yes, you probably found the correct thread in your initial "search" here on Vehicross.Info; however, always make sure you check-out the very LAST POSTING of any thread (not just the first posting). Many threads here have begun years before, but continue to be currently updated on a very recent basis. So, always check-out the very "last posting" of a thread before moving onto another thread.

Roy, Don, Riff Raff ( in no order of any type),

Thanks for your input and every one else, as well.

O.K. Today I took the "aftermarket" stereo out of the dashboard and replaced it with the stock stereo - CD player set up. I was able to do it becasue the original stereo was sitting in the back cargo area above an amphliphier box. The original owner seemed to like his music.!! The woofer-box was gone, so we removed all the "after-market" wiring and put the stock radio - AM/FM receiver back in and hook it up. It works perfect

It is Kaiser Silver. I know that because I am looking at the original window sticker for the VX . I also have the original owners manual, sales agreement, SRS manual, Isuzu 4-wheel manual etc.......

I also have both the original cargo nets for the back cargo area. I am so glad the seats are foldable and lock. !!

It came with a Yakima rack with huge upper cage/rack ( not sure the exact name but you get the idea, it could hold the spare tire and gas , etc...) Anyway, I had to take it off to get the VX in the garage. By the way, part of the rack footing says Vehicross on it.. it must have been some type of cross marketing, between Isuzu and Yakima...

I put 285 / 60R on the original stock rims... I even got the lug nut key in the original bag.

So far so good....

I have no idea what I am doing but, I seem to really love this VX.

Ben KVX,

I wish I could have stopped and enjoyed Roseburg on my way home.

Just in too big a hurry at the time.

Next time I'm down there I'll buy you a drink.

Congratulations! We should organize a NW meet.

Absolutely,

Maybe let it dry out a little first. ( Also give me time to fix my cladding!!)

Quote Originally Posted by KeithVXlvr View Post
    Roy, Don, Riff Raff ( in no order of any type),

I put 285 / 60R on the original stock rims... I even got the lug nut key in the original bag.
    Keith--- What Brand/Model of tire did you install in tire size 285/60R18 ??? Did they rub or did you have to trim the cladding???

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithVXlvr View Post
    I have no idea what I am doing but, I seem to really love this VX.
    HAH!! That' pretty much how we all started out!

So if you want to find PNW VXers, click on "Member List" under the "Quick Links" drop-down menu. Look for "search members" on that page, then select "advanced search". Enter in "OR" for the state (or WA...) and search - it will give you a list of all the VXers who have registered from Oregon. You can then see if they are active or not from their "last visit" date.