Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 01 AC compressor part number?

Check for used parts.
    There are a lot more 01 troopers than VX,
    Also some shop will rebuild your compressors or sell rebuilt ones.

Check this site they seem to have 3 or 4 models.
    http://www.discountacparts.com
    At least they say they aren't all the same.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by evillecutter View Post
    obviously some 00 models have the new compressor with the celtic type clutch - mine is like that and no auto parts store has anything near correct - and when i looked for a 01 trooper compressor to use instead they all say they do not make those anymore either - wtf can i do - is every single part on this thing going to be like this? if so im going to have a really nice vx for sale soon - i love this thing but i cant spend six months tracking down every damn part i need
    Don't fret.

Check your A/C part #. My a/c says Zexel DKV-14D which is the same as a 2001 VX -Go figure, I have a 1999.

I quick search found many results. I'll probably go with a refurbished model for around $200.00. Looks like you can buy new for $380-ish

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2001-Pa...#ht_3232wt_952

The 2000 and 2001 models are different than the 99 model!!! All the parts stores show that they are the same, they are different!!!!!

I would just start checking junkyards. I don't mess around online, just go and pull it yourself. That way yo ucan practice on someone else's truck, and you might score other goodies. I have stockpiled all that stuff, extra alternator, ac compressor, cvs and so on. Since Isuzu is gone, it will get more and more difficult over the years.

Don't quit, its well worth it!!!!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    The 2000 and 2001 models are different than the 99 model!!! All the parts stores show that they are the same, they are different!!!!!
    Starting to think they're all the same. My 99' has the same compressor as alterastro. I confirmed the part # last night. From your post it sounds like it's the same as your 01' compressor.

The autopart stores seem to list the wrong part for all Vehicross' despite year.

The 2000 and 2001 are NOT the same. The 01 trooper is the same. I checked with autozone, they list a trooper compressor at 219, but the pic looks like the old GM compressor, which is not right. The same problem they have with the Vx. I suppose you could order one and see, you have nothing to lose except time.
    Hmmmm, something interesting, apparently the 2000 might havce the same compressor. If someone could take a look at theirs, if the clutch e-clips look like a bunch of triangles overlapping, thats the newer version, if it is just a few circles, its not. This is what mine looks like.
    http://www.discountcompressor.com/vi...%20%20&code=RC
    not the same as my 2000 - you have a KDV14G mine is KDV14D
    Last edited by evillecutter : 04/21/2012 at 01:35 PM

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Don't fret.

Check your A/C part #. My a/c says Zexel DKV-14D which is the same as a 2001 VX -Go figure, I have a 1999.

I quick search found many results. I'll probably go with a refurbished model for around $200.00. Looks like you can buy new for $380-ish

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2001-Pa...#ht_3232wt_952
    you are the man - looks like its the same (fingers crossed)
    Last edited by evillecutter : 04/21/2012 at 01:36 PM

so there are 3 different models:
    HD6:
    http://www.discountcompressor.com/vi...artid=60-00900 &code=NC
    DKV14G:
    http://www.discountcompressor.com/vi...artid=60-01582 &code=NA
    DKV14D:
    http://www.discountcompressor.com/vi...artid=60-01421 &code=RC

not sure yet which models go with which years, but i hope this helps

my 2000 is a 14D
    Last edited by evillecutter : 04/21/2012 at 01:07 PM

Plot thickens. I know that the 99VX sitting in the yards in Charleston does not have the same compressor as my 01. I assumed it was a difference associated with auto climate control.

The GM compressor physically fit in the truck, but the fittings were not even close to the same. One might be able to swap all the lines and make the GM model work, which can be had for 100 bucks or less on Ebay. That might be worth the effort. I tinkered with all this at the beginning of my relationship with my VX. I wasn't as comfortable tearing into that stuff back then. If I was not in the Arabian Gulf right now, I would probably take it apart and hack out the old lines and do the swap....then I could sell my two spares and perhaps pick up a new welder with the cash

ordered my rebuilt KDV-14D from the guy on ebay that vxorado found and got it today - took it to the guy who welded my new cat on and he put it on and charged the system up no problem - works great and the engine runs smooth and quiet could not be happier

side note: the guy who sold me the compressor was reluctant to send it because he said his parts book told him that it would not work on my vehicle - i told him as long as it was the one he had pictured it was the one i needed so he sent but he still didnt seem to be too sure thati knew what i was talking about - have a feeling this scenerio might play out more than a few times being a vx owner
    Last edited by evillecutter : 04/27/2012 at 01:25 PM

Great news. I ordered mine today and will hopefully have cool air again soon. No more sweaty back

What's your in-service date? Would be interesting to know if I'm going to share your affliction some day.

The date your VX left the lot. Although the actual production date would be better. IIRC you may have a sticker on the underside of your center console lid that lists the month and year of manufacture. If the compressors were changed mid-year knowing your production date might give us a better idea of when the change was made.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    The date your VX left the lot. Although the actual production date would be better. IIRC you may have a sticker on the underside of your center console lid that lists the month and year of manufacture. If the compressors were changed mid-year knowing your production date might give us a better idea of when the change was made.
    Apr 13 2000

my guess is the 99 and 00 models had the KDV-14D and the 01 models had the KDV14G but i could def be wrong about that

isuzu is wrong - the parts books are wrong - we proved that right here - every parts store i went to (auto zone, advanced auto, orieley's, and car quest) said it was supposed to be the HD6 (advanced auto even called their distributor and said their isuzu book only had the HD6 ever listed for the vehicross) and i have yet to find a single vx owner that can actually use that model
    Last edited by evillecutter : 04/28/2012 at 09:33 PM

I just went through this on my 2000 VX ironman which has a 14D, there is a yellow sticker in the engine compartment (don't know if anyone has said that already?) that tells you which one you have DKV-14D or G or whatever, check that first before ordering...I got mine on ebay from these guys: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AC-COMPR...item45fc1138f5