Thread: Oh yes,going blue ahead .......

Oh yes,going blue ahead .......

Hi guys !

This weekend the weather would be nice.......well........kind of (49 degrees)

So i'm taking the chance to replace my head light bulbs.......However i have no clue how to get those old bulbs outter the housing,i tried last week,no success.

So need some insight of how-to-do this stuff.

Thanks, Gustavo
    Dakar was just the begining.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Hi guys !

This weekend the weather would be nice.......well........kind of (49 degrees)

So i'm taking the chance to replace my head light bulbs.......However i have no clue how to get those old bulbs outter the housing,i tried last week,no success.

So need some insight of how-to-do this stuff.

Thanks, Gustavo
    Gustavo...you ARE aware of the search function, right?

Took me two minutes, using "headlight bulb" as a search...

You can thank me later...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...headlight+bulb

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    I'm with Ldub on promoting the use of the search function... it's the quickest way to an answer, everyone. Posting and waiting around for someone to reply with a useful answer is pretty slow...

That said, once you get at the bulb, getting your fingers in there and pressing the tabs on each side of the bulb stem is not super-easy. Skinny fingers help (I have fat little breakfast sausages for fingers, so I have a tough time. I've gotten one particularaly stubborn one off by using a pair of channel-lock pliers to get in there and squeeze the tabs.

Blue headlight bulbs, huh? You're going to be one of those guys, I see... Oh, Gussie, Gussie, Gussie... what are we going to do with you??

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ View Post
    I'm with Ldub on promoting the use of the search function... it's the quickest way to an answer, everyone. Posting and waiting around for someone to reply with a useful answer is pretty slow...

That said, once you get at the bulb, getting your fingers in there and pressing the tabs on each side of the bulb stem is not super-easy. Skinny fingers help (I have fat little breakfast sausages for fingers, so I have a tough time. I've gotten one particularaly stubborn one off by using a pair of channel-lock pliers to get in there and squeeze the tabs.

Blue headlight bulbs, huh? You're going to be one of those guys, I see... Oh, Gussie, Gussie, Gussie... what are we going to do with you??

Good luck!
    Search button ?

I guess i missed it

The little white blueish won't look so bad

I mean,if don't look as i wish no problem,go right back to OEM bulbs.

I promise i'll be a good guy

Thanks !

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Search button ?

I guess i missed it

The little white blueish won't look so bad

I mean,if don't look as i wish no problem,go right back to OEM bulbs.

I promise i'll be a good guy

Thanks !
    for the price of the blue ones you can pay for half an HID kit...

tonemonday.com
    ddmtuning.com
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Well,today i had the blue/white bulbs installed,every thing wnet smooth as expected,however i had to remove the air filter box & the battery to gain better access,removing the bulbs outter the housing was bit frustating because of the hard wire that hold the bulbs in place.

I also added a small switch to turn off the nozzle's blue LED just in case cops gets rude,even though here in NYC cops somehow doesn't matter seeing those blue,red,white,gree,violet LED colors all over the city.

Any Cop that pulls you over because of the "hue" of your headlights needs to have a good talkin' to-- by his Police Chief about what is good law enforcement "focus and priorities" worthy of the tax payer's money. I highly doubt headlight "hue" is on the priority list. If you do get pulled over because of headlight "hue", then I would get the Cop's name & badge number and write a formal complaint letter to the Police Chief for "frivilous harassment" by the subordinate Officer.

Regarding H4 OEM replacement headlight bulbs (non-HID)-- I kinda' like the Nokia "Artic Purple" 8500 Kelvin ($20 on eBay). Sweeeeeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    Any Cop that pulls you over because of the "hue" of your headlights needs to have a good talkin' to-- by his Police Chief about what is good law enforcement "focus and priorities" worthy of the tax payer's money. I highly doubt headlight "hue" is on the priority list. If you do get pulled over because of headlight "hue", then I would get the Cop's name & badge number and write a formal complaint letter to the Police Chief for "frivilous harassment" by the subordinate Officer.

Regarding H4 OEM replacement headlight bulbs (non-HID)-- I kinda' like the Nokia "Artic Purple" 8500 Kelvin ($20 on eBay). Sweeeeeet.
    Yes,is actually a matter facts,if the cops begins to issue tickets to all HID's on the streets then killers,robbers,rippers & drugs dealers would find they self having a good time though.

Since DOT approve HID's on new cars it makes no sense to pull drivers for HID's,i find all those colors enlighting the city very cool.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Yes,is actually a matter facts,if the cops begins to issue tickets to all HID's on the streets then killers,robbers,rippers & drugs dealers would find they self having a good time though.

Since DOT approve HID's on new cars it makes no sense to pull drivers for HID's,i find all those colors enlighting the city very cool.
    having blue bulbs in your car is illegal (stupid technicality)...however, having HID's is not...the bulbs for HID's are actually white...but because of the temperature they heat to, they emmit a colored light....