Thread: HELP!! Part # for vertical window rubber weather striping??

HELP!! Part # for vertical window rubber weather striping??

Trying to get the vertical rubber window track/ weather striping piece for my '01 from Merlin. This is rubber track the FRONT part of window glass rides up and down in, where we spray silicone. The rubber track itself then fits into the vertical metal track. It's about 20" long.
    We're having a heck of a time identifying this part.

"crager34" mentions in post of 9/30/08 he bought it from Merlin for about $8.

1) Anybody know the part number? or
    2) Anybody know if Isuzu CHANGED the design & made the door window frame gasket AND the window front rubber track ONE 1 PIECE?
    Look at part #7...at that short vertical piece on left side... appears it could be the visible part we see from sill upward about 6", in front of mirror. Maybe they re-designed it & "cut off" the section that goes down inside the door to relieve the binding?

Merlin & I have been trying to find just the vertical rubber track but this parts diagram just doesn't show it!
    Any ideas?

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I used to work at a glass company and having just taken my inside door panel off, the piece you need is a common strip of auto window molding. Call up the glass shops in your area and ask them if they go through a company called C.R. Lawrence. They should definitely be able to get you what you need. You may just need to bring in a sample of the cross section of the material. The C.R. Lawrence catalog stocked this as of several years ago, and it's extremely likely they still do.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

#7 should be all one piece.
    drawing not to scale?

If it broke in two at the mirror, the window glass needs to be adjusted toward the rear.
    Too much friction at the mirror causes the glass to tilt, mostly when traveling upward.
    Sometimes I Wonder......
    Why Is That Frizbee Getting Bigger?
    Then It Hits Me

My drivers side bunched up & tore at the front of the window. As a temporary fix (2 years ago) I cut that section out and replaced it with felt weather stripping from Lowes. It's not an ideal fix but it works & you can always go to the OEM parts when you find them. There are a couple of pix in my gallery.

And yes, it's a single piece all the way around the window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Thanks all! My passenger side is completely missing (I think PO tore it out due to binding most likely), so the wind noise is fierce coming through. No major water coming into cabin, just goes down into door, drains out. If Merlin & I can't find that part, I think I'll go with the felt 'till I can find one.

I've tried 4 boneyards now with no luck...somebody got there before me it appears! I did the one in Sacramento, San Diego and 2 that search all over. I'll try that glass place too, thanks Ascinder!

If anybody finds one, I'll take it. I think both sides are the same. When I had my driver's side out to clean it, I didn't see anything that made it unique to driver's side.

PM blujfan9293. He's parting out an ebony.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=14842

But he's got window issues on his Ironman so maybe he's hanging on to them.

BTW, the parts list in the download section provides the following info on page 1767, section 4628365:

Passenger side part # 8972168341

Driver side part # 8972168351

They are both listed around $50

Weird tho - they show the same pic you have but it's item # 2 instead of #7.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 02/06/2009 at 11:38 AM

BTW,

The felt works fine on the vertical sections but I have doubts about it working at the top (window glass will prolly hang on the edge of the felt & just push it up into the channel).

Of course it'll work fine there too as long as you don't open the window.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    PM blujfan9293. He's parting out an ebony.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=14842

But he's got window issues on his Ironman so maybe he's hanging on to them.

BTW, the parts list in the download section provides the following info on page 1767, section 4628365:

Passenger side part # 8972168341

Driver side part # 8972168351

They are both listed around $50

Weird tho - they show the same pic you have but it's item # 2 instead of #7.

Thanks, don't know where my brain is...I just bought the roof rack from blujfan2324, so I should have asked him about the rubber strip. I just sent him an email.

Also, thanks, I didn't realize there was a parts catalog on the forum/database! I'm still learnin'