Thread: Help with tires and wheels

Help with tires and wheels

I'm wanting to get some off road tires for my 01, it has the stock 18x7's. I'm not having any luck, only finding suv type tires for it. Plan to crank the torsion bars about 2" to level it out. I don't mind going to a 17" wheel but again having a hard time finding one with the right offset. I've found 1 that is 17x9 with +19mm plan to install 265/70/17 Toyo MT. But the tire guys say the wheel will stick out about 2.75" farther that stock, seems like a lot. Any ideas as to where you have found your wheels would be great, or better yet if you have found a tire that would be better. Thanks.

Hey Ben !

I saw your request for help.

As well as you i'm on the market for new rims & tires.

I've done a lot of research for the past two months trying to find the right nice set for my VX.

So now on business;As i write this respond to you i'm looking at this well known web site : TIRERACK.COM there will find about 20 different kind of models/size that perfectly fit our VX with no lift required if you don't really want to.

There's few tires the mayority of the VX members use on their VX's for off roading i can name the nitto terra grappler,the nitto dune grappler & now the general grabber At2 which are all rated as A/T.

Of course there's many off road tires,but those are the most recommended tires by our fellow members because of they high off road performance.

Personally i've choose the american racing Jr cannon rimes which comes in two models,the all machined & the machined with black accent.

The size goes from 17x9" to 20x10.

If you want to save the lifting job then go for the 17x9;That size would be just ok for you.

Moto metal also carries a few nice rims for our VX that also match the silver finish of the astral & the kaiser along with the cladding.

Here is so much info about rims & tires that you cannot go wrong in any way choosing the right set.

For starters you can look at the thread named : POST OF ALL RIMS & TIRES OUT THERE, there's so many pics of VX's with aftermarket sets,lifted mods & complements that i assure you will help you out though.

I hope my input can be help full in any way
    Dakar was just the begining.

Thanks, great site, lots to look at. I've also been looking for a while, will probably go with the HELO 791, I found one here that looks about right. Let me know what you get.

Ebay.com also holds a good bunch of sellers that offers excelent deals for our VX's,for example there's a power seller named eliteswheels that offers free shipping on all orders with irresistible deals & excelent feedback rating;Give it a try though.

Summitracing.com is also a good source of parts & accessories.Just give your self a good time to check out as much as possible good deals,believe me,they all over just waiting for you to find them. Good luck !

I just found the nitto tires A/T for about $ 1000 the whole set brand new at ebay.com
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 01/29/2009 at 07:32 PM Reason: Nitto terra

Ben KVX-- I sent you an E-Mail. I think you will find it most informative. Riff Raff