Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Great light bars for roof....

Great light bars for roof....

ok so heres my little half day project, saw these at a shop here in new zealand. and im glad i got them..they are great and look good too. almost a perfect fit. no drilling needed and come pre-wired. just need to connect + and - from battery or high beam... the wires run perfectly down the window under the door seals.
    they are 4 55w spotlights, can switch the outside two or inside two or all 4 at once. metal cases for the lamps on a plastic/abs base. lights can be adjusted up n down etc.. and have rubber surrounds to keep water out. all held on by 3M mounting tape which they come with also.
    i did do some mods, i epoxied the screws that hold the lamps at the bottom so they can then be adjusted while mounted, and i re-wrapped the wires to make them lay flat when under the door seals. other than that these units fit right out of the box.

i can buy and ship to USA for around $150us if any of you guys over there want some. have a paypal account to make it easy. plus ill donate $5 from each sale to the site for all the good work.

let me know if anyone is interested, more pics in gallery

Man, I love the color of your VX.

I'm toying with buying another VX with poor(er) paint and doing a full respray in lime-ish green, in the same vein that Proton is to yellow, this Lime would be to green. Maybe the Lotus lime green?

Anyway, I do like the light bar and it looks like it would be compatible with my fairing. After I get my stereo amp'd and honor my verbal commitment to rowhard for a front 'faux plate,' I would seriously consider this mod. As I'll surely never do a sunroof, even though I would love to, this would fill the 'bald space' between the XM antenna and the fairing. 'No square inch goes un-modded! (Said the guy with a nearly-stock exterior VX, grinning...)

Thanks for the post and cool pictures, castigan.
    Bren Workman
    Gretna, NE
    (C) 402-312-1992

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, the green along with the other JDM colors are cool, only because they are different. But those wind deflectors you have around your windows are way to cool. Any chance you might know of a source of those we Yanks might get out hands on????
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

yeah sunroof.. yew.... my panel beater matched the color with no issues... for all that i want the whole thing black !!but i dont mind the green !! just arent that many black ones in NZ, actually.. i think there are only 26 VX in new zealand full stop !!
    Last edited by castigan : 01/10/2009 at 07:53 PM

ive heard of one wreckers here that has one of these.. i can make some phone calls sometime and see if he has them... they are cool.. i cracked one at the car wash the other day sigh.. lucky for superglue..

[QUOTE=workmeistr;144190]Man, I love the color of your VX.

I'm toying with buying another VX with poor(er) paint and doing a full respray in lime-ish green, in the same vein that Proton is to yellow, this Lime would be to green. Maybe the Lotus lime green?

Anyway, I do like the light bar and it looks like it would be compatible with my fairing. After I get my stereo amp'd and honor my verbal commitment to rowhard for a front 'faux plate,' I would seriously consider this mod. As I'll surely never do a sunroof, even though I would love to, this would fill the 'bald space' between the XM antenna and the fairing. 'No square inch goes un-modded! (Said the guy with a nearly-stock exterior VX, grinning...)

Thanks for the post and cool pictures, castigan.[/QUOTE

ive got the light bar sitting about 5mm in front of the ends of the roof rails... so i think you will find there is plenty of room with your fairing.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    i LOVE the green too...
    i wish there was a way for us to get ahold of japanese colors...
    Last edited by pbkid : 01/11/2009 at 02:46 PM
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Nice job on the lights!
    Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    pbkid, I don't think the word "jap" is no longer socially acceptable.
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

if someone wanted the paint its easy enough for me to get. i had the labels removed from the sides and my panel beater matched the paint perfectly. i could get it in bulk for sure. and it would be cheap for americans as your money is pretty strong compared to ours.

I like it! Good job.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
    I like it! Good job.
    +1

How about a picture with them lit?
    Sometimes I Wonder......
    Why Is That Frizbee Getting Bigger?
    Then It Hits Me

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Nice job on the lights!
    Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    pbkid, I don't think the word "jap" is no longer socially acceptable.
    ya sorry, definately wrote that without paying attention (sorry if i offended anyone)....

i get used to it between colleagues when you work on cars all day long....

fixed it

I like the looks of them. Do you have a pictures of them on at night?
    reminds me a little of the jeep liberty.

THANK YOU!

There was another post about this exact lights before. I contacted the poster and he was unwilling to help me ship them the US. I will most likely buy these from you in the next week or mid week! I have been wanting these for too long.

NEXT! I have been asking any owner that has them to help source your window deflectors. I would love to have those.

Quote Originally Posted by WiSDoM View Post
    I like the looks of them. Do you have a pictures of them on at night?
    reminds me a little of the jeep liberty.
    Yeap that was my thoughts when i saw those roof lights,however i'm wondering if wind noise wouldn't be a issue at high speed
    Dakar was just the begining.