Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Was the abs module ever corrected

Was the abs module ever corrected

Was the abs module ever corrected from Isuzu? I'm asking before I drop the $3000 to do the job. If it's just going to fail again in a year or so, why spend the money? Anyone know if the issues were corrected?

I'm not sure you'll find a definitive answer on that one. I saw an unused OEM module on eBay quite awhile back that looked the same as ours, and was advertised as being for a VX, but when I called Merlin to verify the part number (it was a little different than the one listed in a parts book I had), even he wasn't sure about it. He just said that at times, Isuzu applied superceded part numbers to some parts, but that it was impossible to tell whether it was done because actual changes had been made, whether they had just been purchased from another supplier, or ???

I think Etl recently did this.. may check with him first

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I think Etl recently did this.. may check with him first
    i pulled a used module from a wrecked vx for 100.. i installed it myself in about 45 minutes with help for 15 to bleed the brakes.. even if it fails 20 times.. still cheaper than the dealership

My abs light came on recently, but i feel no difference in the braking. I am under warranty still for a few thousand miles so I may take it in just to be safe. what do you guys/gals think?

When it needs to be replaced (the ~$3000 job), is there a noticeable difference in braking?

Exclamation

If the ABS light is NOT flashing, it is typically only a sensor or wiring to sensor issue and ABS WILL continue to operate correctly. IF the ABS light is flashing, it is the control module and ABS will NOT be working correctly. In TX, you can pass a safety inspection with the light lit as long as it is not flashing and/or the brake warning light on the dash is not on.

Also, if you have NOT been flushing your brake fluid regularly (at least every two years) it is probably dark or black and will over time destroy the module under the hood.

Great thanks for the heads up tone!. Where should i start as far as troubleshooting is concerned? When it first came on, It would only come on every now and then, depending on the length of the trip. But now for the last 500-1000 miles, its been on constantly.

i replaced my module recently.. i didnt notice a huge difference in braking performance.. maybe a very slight decrease in stopping ability in extreme situations (60-0) but my vx still stops plenty fast

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    If the ABS light is NOT flashing, it is typically only a sensor or wiring to sensor issue and ABS WILL continue to operate correctly. IF the ABS light is flashing, it is the control module and ABS will NOT be working correctly. In TX, you can pass a safety inspection with the light lit as long as it is not flashing and/or the brake warning light on the dash is not on.

Also, if you have NOT been flushing your brake fluid regularly (at least every two years) it is probably dark or black and will over time destroy the module under the hood.
    Dear Tone and Members:

My ABS turned on for the first time, and intermittently turns off, but then returns. However it is not flashing just solid on or off. The brake warning light on the dash is never on. So I hope the ABS will continue to operate and if need be, pass CA inspection.

However, I did notice that upon starting my VX, I stopped hearing and feeling the clicking/pulsing in the brake pedal which is supposed to indicate that the ABS is checking itself?

Could this indicate that the problem is beyond a sensor or wiring to sensor issue?

Thanks so much!

I'm not having a problem w/MY ABS (at least not YET!), but if/when I DO, I plan on sending it to THIS guy, along with $106.00:

http://stores.ebay.com/Digital-Speed...Repair-Service

He claims to rebuild 'em BETTER than new; he's got pretty damned good eBay feedback too, so I'm guessing he's got something goin' for him...

I've bought a used dysfunctional ABS module off of a VX already; if/when mine takes a crap, I'll ship this one off for a rebuild, and when I get it back, I'll be able to R&R the module(s) with no downtime; my advice is to go and do likewise...

That guy claims a fix for C0265 which is fairly specific - I don't believe that was one of the codes I was showing. I had talked to several of the larger rebuild shops and they basically told me the same thing - the Bosch-made parts were sealed OEM and no rebuildable - one even claimed to have tried on several and weren't able to successfully make it work. Anything is worth a try though - when you send yours off let us know how it works out.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

My light is on solid. The ABS does not work when light is on. shawn
    1COOLVX

ABS unit rebuild??

Seems ABS unit issues have been coming up a lot recently. Found this older thread.

Saw this REBUILD on ebay for $99....anybody ever hear about anybody trying this? Seller has great feedback, but too many to search through to see if he's ever done a VX. It's a different outfit than the one Ganzman referenced.

Also, johnnyapollo said he'd been told our unit is NOT rebuildable....

Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_3895wt_602
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

i seem to remember hearing positive feedback from someone here about that guy..

really though for 99 bucks.. they could screw it up 29 times and you would still be better off than going to the dealer

problem with doing re-builds is that you are without an abs module for however long it takes.. in that time period you cant drive the VX unless you already have a second module. perhaps someone with a spare can get the ball rolling on a "send the next one here" kinda thing

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Seems ABS unit issues have been coming up a lot recently. Found this older thread.

Saw this REBUILD on ebay for $99....anybody ever hear about anybody trying this? Seller has great feedback, but too many to search through to see if he's ever done a VX. It's a different outfit than the one Ganzman referenced.

Also, johnnyapollo said he'd been told our unit is NOT rebuildable....

Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_3895wt_602
    VX Kat - Thanks for that link! I bought a "spare" failed ABS module from someone here on the Forum a year ago. Even though mine hasn't taken a dump yet, this is JUST the impetus I need to go ahead and send that spare off for a rebuild. $100 is cheap insurance to have on hand - like carrying an umbrella, I'll prolly never need it, LOL!