Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Post of all Rims and Tires out there!

Hate to be the one to puncture (ooh, double word score!) and deflate the mood here, but I was rubber necking how this thread was tracking until it got offset and decided I had to tread into it to steer it back into alignment as a hub of reference before it loses any more traction. Let's keep it rolling, ya nuts.

Wheels: Ultra Maverick 18x9 6x5.5 +25 offset
    Tires: Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/65R18
    Notes: OME 913 and torsion bar crank (pic is pre-HD torsion upgrade)
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

You guys are gonna ply this tread to death ain't cha? Nice wheels, Vendetta!
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Hate to be the one to puncture (ooh, double word score!) and deflate the mood here, but I was rubber necking how this thread was tracking until it got offset and decided I had to tread into it to steer it back into alignment as a hub of reference before it loses any more traction. Let's keep it rolling, ya nuts.
    V, i'm wheelie sorry. We'll try to give this thread a brake and keep it rolling.

Your wheels and tires look great; do you have any problems with clearance? the picture looks like it is a tight fit on the front did you have to do any trimming or does the picture just look like it is too close? I am looking for tires and wheels for my VX and I do not know much about the torsion bar cranking thing to get more height. Does it just raise the front? Does it affect the alignment?

I love this thread it has helped me a lot in my search for wheels and tires. I do not have a lift and I am not sure I want one so for now I am going to go with changing my 18s to 16s as I cannot get the aggressive tires I want for the 18s that will fit the stock ride height. I love some of the wheels I have seen here but cannot find most of them for sale or in a 16 so I am thinking about getting some Isuzu snowflakes and have them brushed and maybe power coat the holes black to give them a unique look. How hard are they to find and are there any drawbacks to them, like can I put an 8” wide tire on them? I have a 2001 Ebony with the stock chrome 18s on it now and I want something different and so far the snowflake wheels seem to the wheels that almost nobody has, kind of ironic I think.

I had a Space cab PU that had snowflakes on it but the hole were oval not drop shaped has anyone seen any of those on a VX? I like them better but I have not seen a set of those for years. The VX is my 6th Isuzu so I guess you can say I am a fan of Isuzu’s and now I have the one I have wanted most since I saw the VX for the first time.
    I have reviewed this thread many times before posting there is just so much info I am starting to get over whelmed so I thought I would post and see if I can get some help to narrow down the ideas or get some input.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
    Chris

Wheels: Ultra Maverick 18x9 6x5.5 +25 offset
    Tires: Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/65R18
    Notes: OME 913 and torsion bar crank (pic is pre-HD torsion upgrade)

Catfish...basicly with no lift the largest tire you can run with NO trimming (depending on tire maybe a small amount on the front) is a 31. 33 and beyond will require a good deal more trimming on the front and rear of the front wheelwell and a lift. For a good read search for Rickshaws thread on springs and lifts.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Yes, cranking the torsion bars increases the height of the front only. Yes, it affects alignment. You can obtain up to 3" in height with the front torsion bar. To raise the rear you will need to replace your stock rear springs. Old Man Emu (OEM) is the most commonly used supplier on this forum for those springs. Check out my post in the search box, Maddawg's Madness. You can get an idea of the trimming for larger tires.

I think I remember which Zu wheel you are talking about. I think I still have one mounted up for a spare. I have two sets of wheels and tires for our VX. I will check the shop for a pic of it. Both sets are oem Zu wheels, yet neither set came with my 99 vx.
    16x7.5 zu oem 6 spoke w/ 265/70 R16 Dunlop Mud Rover
    18x7 zu oem 6 spoke w/ 275/65 R18 Dunlop Max Traction Mud

Both of our sets have been powder coated, Ripple Black. I think the snowflake one your refering to is one of the 12 spoke designs, available in '94 & '95. or maybe those were the years you could find that wheel in a rare 7.5 wide wheel with the same offset of the rest. If you are searching out any oem wheels, try using www.car-parts.com for a list of salvage yards that have a least one wheel on their shelves. I purchased our 18's this way.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    Your wheels and tires look great; do you have any problems with clearance? the picture looks like it is a tight fit on the front did you have to do any trimming or does the picture just look like it is too close? I am looking for tires and wheels for my VX and I do not know much about the torsion bar cranking thing to get more height. Does it just raise the front? Does it affect the alignment?

I love this thread it has helped me a lot in my search for wheels and tires. I do not have a lift and I am not sure I want one so for now I am going to go with changing my 18s to 16s as I cannot get the aggressive tires I want for the 18s that will fit the stock ride height. I love some of the wheels I have seen here but cannot find most of them for sale or in a 16 so I am thinking about getting some Isuzu snowflakes and have them brushed and maybe power coat the holes black to give them a unique look. How hard are they to find and are there any drawbacks to them, like can I put an 8? wide tire on them? I have a 2001 Ebony with the stock chrome 18s on it now and I want something different and so far the snowflake wheels seem to the wheels that almost nobody has, kind of ironic I think.

I had a Space cab PU that had snowflakes on it but the hole were oval not drop shaped has anyone seen any of those on a VX? I like them better but I have not seen a set of those for years. The VX is my 6th Isuzu so I guess you can say I am a fan of Isuzu?s and now I have the one I have wanted most since I saw the VX for the first time.
    I have reviewed this thread many times before posting there is just so much info I am starting to get over whelmed so I thought I would post and see if I can get some help to narrow down the ideas or get some input.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
    Chris

Life is better when you go Topless

Thanks CatFish. I did need to trim the front cladding - no big deal. In the pic, my wheels are turned to the left, so it looks a lot tighter than it really is. The shadow hints at that as well. Maddawg answered the rest for ya.

-V

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Thanks CatFish. I did need to trim the front cladding - no big deal. In the pic, my wheels are turned to the left, so it looks a lot tighter than it really is. The shadow hints at that as well. Maddawg answered the rest for ya.

-V
    Dude...LV'n that pic...looks SWEET!....

If you look at the pic long enough, the R/F almost looks as if it's photo chopped into the pic...

It'd look even mo betta with a set of NERF bars on there ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hmmm, not seeing anymore posts since this morning. Something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    V, i'm wheelie sorry. We'll try to give this thread a brake and keep it rolling.
    oh gawd....there's 5 of them now......+ the one I'm married to....ugh...
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    oh gawd....there's 5 of them now......+ the one I'm married to....ugh...
    It just keeps spreading like a wildfire.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Probably should retire this thread jack and get back to our regularly scheduled posting of rims and tires...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    It'd look even mo betta with a set of NERF bars on there ...
    It sho looks so mo betta bro, thanks! Just added some spacers today to bring them out a little bit as well. I noticed this pic was even pre-safari bar, too. I'll get some updated shots once I finish a few more "enhancements."