Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Might have found a solution to our CV Boot tear problem.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    http://www.offroadsolutions.com/955-...tml#components

Look for the "High Angle CV Boot Kit".

They're designed for lifted vehicles with steep CV Angles. I'm doing my boots today so I was doing some research on possible solutions. They're designed for the Toyota Tacoma. Wonder what the chances are they would work on ours. They look like they would.

The Red is pretty cool too, matches all the Indy 4X silicone boots, Coil puck, and the Energy Suspensions Bushings and bump stops.

tR...you saying you found SILICONE CV boots at Indy 4x? I can't find any there now....??

My other front CV boot blew last month (yeah, I know shoulda had it done last year with the other one)
    I decided to go with OEM for the outer, but I'm looking at old threads for info on options for the inner. (Plus the OEM inners are on backorder, 6-8 weeks)

I see boots are made of neoprene, rubber or silicone rubber.
    Read several opinions that Dorman's aren't the best out there.

T4B told me silicone is the best quality. Has better heat resistance for one thing.
    So I was surprised to find DORMAN now makes them in SILICONE for $24.95 at AutoZone. (part #614-002 inner)
    Same ones JoFotoz mentioned he got back in October 2011.

He didn't mention silicone, so not sure he even knew that ?? Jo? http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...69&postcount=4
    Looks like the SILICONE version is light gray, and the neoprene are black.

I'd much rather go with some Indy4x silicone boots if available.

Any experience, thoughts or opinions on the silicone Dorman's?

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Bueller?....Bueller?
    Anybody?
    taylorRichie?

Hate to be a bubble burster, but with diff drop, the prop shaft CV boot tears since you lower the front diff a few inches. I am on my second prop shaft. Of course, that is much easier to change and find replacements since any TOD trooper/SLX fits. Just food for thought.
    Took it to a driveline specialty shop, they couldnt rebuild it since its a flanged on boot. Could probably rig something up using a cv boot though...or just have a custom driveshaft made, U-joints instead. I would guess <500 bucks?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I haven't been the most diligent vehicross.info'er... For that I apologize...

Anyway, I never did try the boots I originally linked to since the 2 times I've replaced boots I couldn't wait, and never had the foresight to order in advance.

I did just replace my boots (a month ago) and did one silicone gray, and one black boot on the opposite side. I'm not positive the material on the black one. For some reason the first Shucks gave me a black one, the 2nd Shucks gave me a gray one. I'm assuming it was because they carry both models, and each location just had the a different in stock. I believe I still have the boxes so I can check part numbers.

I had the Regular Dorman's last go round.

And I didn't mean Indy4X had Red Silicone boots... I believe they only carry the mecatechs. I was referring to all of the other Red products Indy4X carries. I probably meant Energy Suspension components, sway bar bushings, bump stops etc. This post was 4 years old, and my memory isn't the best