Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Update on "Accessories for your VX" from Kuwait

Update on "Accessories for your VX" from Kuwait

Hello everyone,
    Just wanted to let you know that do to the high shipping costs from Kuwait to the U.S., I no longer want to send any parts. But, since I have the molds to make all 4 skidplate pieces (front, rear, and sides), I will sell them to whoever offers the most. Anyone interested, please email me at vcrosser@hotmail.com.
    Thanks,
    Fadel

Maybe this is something we could do as a group (VX board) buy? I've seen it done on some other car forums; interested members just PayPal like $20 each to an agreed upon member, who then in turn buys the mold. On the backend, members who contributed can order the cast parts for a $20 discount; others just pay an extra $20.

Just a suggestion...

I'm interested in supporting such a buy, I could afford the $20 investment now, just not the whole kit and caboodle

Talked it over with Fadel and it looks like we'd need about $1K to take them off his hands, so figure that's like 50 people at $20. Or 10 @ $100. Or 5 @ $200. I'd be willing to go for one of those scenarios, but the problem is I don't know anyone who could do the production work. I could throw in some $$$, but somebody else would have to take delivery and handle the production/delivery work.

Anybody interested?

I love how those skid plates look, They make the vx look complete , I'm thinking if i buy these molds for $1k insted of paying $650 for just the skids. (I think its a good deal for molds.) Then i can make my money back in one just one sale. :
    Last edited by vxrocks : 11/17/2008 at 02:21 PM

vxrocks,

yu should

or at least someone should. i already purchased a set from him and they are ready to ship. i could have waited but since i'm stiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting for my parts from Ron, i just couldn't resist...

go 4 it!!
    ---------

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by vxrocks View Post
    I love how those skid plates look, They make the vx look complete , I'm thinking if i buy these molds for $1k insted of paying $650 for just the skids. (I think its a good deal for molds.) Then i can make my money back in one just one sale. :
    I'll be your first customer if you do. Would even drive the 2 1/2 hours to pick them up in person to save you the shipping.

I'm down for a group buy...

Also, I'm willing to do some/all of the production work, with the method of "no parts, no sell" rule (meaning, no pre-orders or made to order kinda deals, only ready made parts before any cash money has been taken.).

I've also got alot of Carbon Fiber and Carbon Kevlar fabrik just sitting in my garage... how about some CF Skids!?!
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

I'll help with the group buy. Sounds like a smart way to go.
    Scott

I'd go in for this deal Except I think we should insist on C.O.D.!!
    Too many changes have occurred in this original deal that I am concerned there may be More Changes once our money is sent over there...where ever "there" is.
    If the deal is solid then nobody should be insulted that we insisted on C.O.D.(cash on delivery)

I already have 2 of the parts that I plan on taking to a boat builder or a custom car shop that fabricates body panels that is not far from my house in Florida.

Im in

count me in for a group buy too.

Craig

molds for Kuwait

Okay, I was going to announce this on Christmas Day as a Christmas present to the family, but since so many of you are hot to trot, guess I need to do it now. I have bought the molds from Myamy22. they should be shipped tomorrow, the 3rd of December. Here is the letter I was going to post to you. Please don't email/PM me for orders at this time, thanks.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone. Here is my present to the group, well, I hope you consider it a present.

I have purchased the molds for the skid plates from our friend in Kuwait. Now this ain’t my real job, so the time I have to produce these will be limited. Also, these items will be made of fiberglass, not plastic.

I will also be considering adding a FAUX Carbon Fiber hood insert. There is a possibility that I can also make the skid plates FAUX Carbon Fiber if wanted. The ’Faux carbon fiber’ is in fact a black fiberglass twill that looks just like carbon fiber, but at a quarter of the price and much easier to work with . These will have a clear gel coat finish then a Urethane clear coating for maximum UV protection. Other wise, they will be shipped in a primed finish so you can then paint or have them painted. I can also paint them any color for an additional charge if you prefer. Price’s to be determined at a later date once I have sorted out the process although it will be close to what has currently been charged. Possibility is that the price might be reduced at a later date once I am up and fully running with this.

I will be accepting pre-requests for these items, and your request will be placed in a timed sequence list as to when I received your email. When I am ready to make your set, whether it is a front, rear, side, hood insert, or all, you will be contacted for payment and other info. I WILL NOT be taking any payments until I am ready to make YOUR set. If you are not ready to place the order at that time, I will move to the next person in line, and you will be placed at the bottom of the list. So if you have the money in your fist right now, put it in an account and draw some interest while you’re waiting, and if you need to save, well, same rule applies. I will contacting Moncha to see about placing a link on our site for you to contact me. Please don’t email or PM me now, I will have a separate email address for all things related to this.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Lets here it for rowhard!!

Again makes me so proud to be a part of this wonderful family. Sometimes, honestly, I feel pretty inadequate with my measly (yea, I'm inviting the first person who reads this ) donations to the server fund.

wow..all I can say is WOW...looks like I might get a skid plat in the future...
    GOOD JOB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...