Thread: "Err3" Cd Changer Hell

"Err3" Cd Changer Hell

So my six disc is being a bitch again*

I've never had trouble with it but once like 3 months ago it wouldn't eject and gave me the "Err3" code. That went away after a good'ol love tap, but it's back again and well I can't get my way this time.

"Err3"

Ideas?
    (2 burnt discs all others stock cds)

Quote Originally Posted by Luninox View Post
    So my six disc is being a bitch again*

I've never had trouble with it but once like 3 months ago it wouldn't eject and gave me the "Err3" code. That went away after a good'ol love tap, but it's back again and well I can't get my way this time.

"Err3"

Ideas?
    (2 burnt discs all others stock cds)
    The problem with the burnt discs, (if you didnt already know) is some are much thicker than normal retail music cd's. I tore my cd changer apart because when I bought it it was already jammed, there were 3 cd-r's and the rest retail cd's. the retails slid right out just fine, but the cd-r's were pinched just enough to not be able to push out...

<disclamer - I do not take any responsibility to what happens following the below>
    I did have a friend get frustraited with one of his changers (different vehicle), he pulled it (power and all) and then lightly sprayed some silicone into the changer, let it dry, plugged it back in, and hit the eject button and the disc came out just fine. Then he threw in one of those laser lens cleaner disc with cleaning solution to clean the lens of any mess he made. needless to say, it actually worked and the changer was still able to read cds no problem. just remember to not stuff a cd-r that is abnormally thicker...
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

I second that re: burned cds. I just got my VX a couple weeks ago, and had the same thing happen. I guess it is only original store bought cds for me. Lucky though, I was able to give it a "love tap" while I pushed the eject button and the stuck ones came out.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Hmmm... I have always had burned cd's in my truck. Never had a problem until something got caught up ejecting #6.

We pulled the changer out while still connected and I beat the thing silly. My very smart mechanic decided to hit the eject button holding the changer upside-down... out popped Cd. CD player plays again!
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I torpedoed mine.. took it apart and half the gears were broke or stripped.. plastic .. I bought the little cubby instead..

Quote Originally Posted by Anita View Post
    Hmmm... I have always had burned cd's in my truck. Never had a problem until something got caught up ejecting #6.

We pulled the changer out while still connected and I beat the thing silly. My very smart mechanic decided to hit the eject button holding the changer upside-down... out popped Cd. CD player plays again!
    Alright Great! I'll just park on a very steep incline and try to eject.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Quote Originally Posted by Luninox View Post
    Alright Great! I'll just park on a very steep incline and try to eject.
    I would try inverting your receiver in that case..:grinr: