View Poll Results: has your abs pump/module made your abs light come on?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

110 71.90%
  • no

43 28.10%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: question and poll regarding abs module

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    JK, I've been thinking about pulling the TOD check lite anyway. I'll try to take pix of the process this weekend.
    Hurry, my emissions/safety inspection is coming up soon!
    Canadian VXer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    So my issue is a bit different. My ABS Light is on all the time EXCEPT when temperatures are about 10 degrees or below. When the light goes out, the ABS works. After the car warms up or the temperatures warm up, the light comes on and the ABS stops working.

What would that be an indication of?

Thanks
    Mine did that too.....it eventually stayed on all the time.

it was a bad "something" in the abs module. I think a pump or something went bad.

replaced it with a junkyard model.....VERY easy to do. The module cost me ~$100

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    replaced it with a junkyard model.....VERY easy to do. The module cost me ~$100
    I did the same thing and it was a very quick & easy fix. I just saw to ABS light on again yesterday and I think I will remove the dash bulb if this module goes out too. I haven't been in a situation yet where I needed the ABS.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    I did the same thing and it was a very quick & easy fix. I just saw to ABS light on again yesterday and I think I will remove the dash bulb if this module goes out too. I haven't been in a situation yet where I needed the ABS.
    yeah, I bought 2 modules. My plan was to replace it once for me....then if it goes out again, replace it if I ever sell it.

Exclamation ABS Module

I Had Purchased A Used ABS Module For My 2001 VX Last Year For $80. I Worked Well For Over 1 Year But Eventually It Went Bad And The ABS Light Was Activated And The Scan Showed A Trouble Code Problem. I Did Some Research Online And Found A Rebuilt ABS Unit By Automotive Scientific In Rogersville Tennessee (423) 921-9085 With A LIFETIME WARRANTY For $229 I Received The Rebuilt ABS Unit But It Was Only The Black Plastic Brain Part. Installation Took 10 Minutes Because I Did Not Have To Bleed The Brakes. The Trouble Code Was Clear And Hopefully The End Of My ABS Issue ! This Was Sept 12Th. So Far So Good! It Is Worth To Spend A Little More For Peace Of Mind. To Install Another Used ABS Module For $100 Did Not Make Sense and Gamble How Long It Will Last !

Quote Originally Posted by ALC1717 View Post
    I Had Purchased A Used ABS Module For My 2001 VX Last Year For $80. I Worked Well For Over 1 Year But Eventually It Went Bad And The ABS Light Was Activated And The Scan Showed A Trouble Code Problem. I Did Some Research Online And Found A Rebuilt ABS Unit By Automotive Scientific In Rogersville Tennessee (423) 921-9085 With A LIFETIME WARRANTY For $229 I Received The Rebuilt ABS Unit But It Was Only The Black Plastic Brain Part. Installation Took 10 Minutes Because I Did Not Have To Bleed The Brakes. The Trouble Code Was Clear And Hopefully The End Of My ABS Issue ! This Was Sept 12Th. So Far So Good! It Is Worth To Spend A Little More For Peace Of Mind. To Install Another Used ABS Module For $100 Did Not Make Sense and Gamble How Long It Will Last !
    HOLY MOLY Al! We've been talking about and using that company for a few years now, and buying it thru ebay is only $49 with lifetime warranty - - seriously, it's the same company and the same repair and warranty - for $49. I've sent two modules to him so far. And they paying shipping too.

Start reading this thread at about post #44. We've had lots of discussions on the ABS failure, and found a great option - Repair exisiting module with lifetime warranty for $49!!
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=dodge+abs

Here's the current ebay listing: (Doesn't matter that it says Trooper - he fixes the VX one under this too).
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/110784352777...84.m1438.l2649
    Last edited by VX KAT : 10/25/2013 at 09:11 AM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

that ebay link is not currently active

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    that ebay link is not currently active
    thx Jon, I fixed it.

The other link doesn't work either!

I was going to read up and see if I could find the exchange hand-off that was started. Wasn't there an extra unit that started a VXInfo supply chain hand-off on this?

Do I recall reading it's undriveable until the module comes back?
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

I know Jamas was great enough to help me with the exchange hand off, but I don't think anyone else jumped in at the time. One issue we had was they want the vin number of the vehicle that the unit is going on, so we did some creative shipping (I filled out the form and had Jamas send it with his unit, then he filled out the form and I sent it with my unit). He was a great help for me and I hope you can find someone else to do the same for you. It has been almost 10 months and I haven't had any sign of an issue since. If you search for ABS module you will see one titled "2005 Durango ABS control module fits" that is the one where we discuss the hand off.

I never tried driving without the unit since I didn't have to remove mine, but since you are disconnecting several lines I would not suggest it.

Quote Originally Posted by dietz99vcross View Post
    I know Jamas was great enough to help me with the exchange hand off, but I don't think anyone else jumped in at the time. One issue we had was they want the vin number of the vehicle that the unit is going on, so we did some creative shipping (I filled out the form and had Jamas send it with his unit, then he filled out the form and I sent it with my unit). He was a great help for me and I hope you can find someone else to do the same for you. It has been almost 10 months and I haven't had any sign of an issue since. If you search for ABS module you will see one titled "2005 Durango ABS control module fits" that is the one where we discuss the hand off.

I never tried driving without the unit since I didn't have to remove mine, but since you are disconnecting several lines I would not suggest it.

I agree. That whole "round robin" process seemed to work nicely so no one had to be without an ABS unit while one was getting repaired. I had an extra broken abs unit so I was the start and the finish of the process. I am more than happy to start that process again. However, I must first install the repaired module so that I will have another broken one to send in.

I fixed the vehicross.info link above.
    It's the thread where the round robin was discussed.
    Here it is again.

Post #69 has the instructions on how to fill out the form and get it started.
    Note -you have to fill it out as if it came out of the buyer's VX.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=dodge+abs

and here's the ebay link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/110784352777...84.m1438.l2649

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Ebay price is up to about $69.00.

I called today and they told me since our vehicle was not listed on Ebay it would be $99.

The instructions that they gave me were to fill out the R&R form and send the module to them. Once received they would call me for payment.

Anyone else have an issue like this?
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Screw that, say you have a Trooper and get in for $69.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110784352777

I had my ABS rebuilt by by automotive scientific inc (ppl. behind that ebay link) and got to test it last weekend in wet snow / slush up in Tahoe. Works exactly as expected, also looks like brand new. I purchased Trooper listing, but called them up to make sure it was the right thing to do. Payed 69$ and shipping to them, return shipping was free.