Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For those that fixed windows

For those that fixed windows

I am about to do the window fix. Hopefully there are some of the metal brackets available.

I still have an issue though. My windows have been jacked up for a while. A couple of trips to Iraq have had my priorities elsewhere. All of the rubber around my windows needs replaced as well as the plastic holding the glass. The bottom rubber folds down when the window is rolled down, and the side is bent so that the window follows it off the track and the top doesn't seal. How big (and expensive) is this job going to be?

My driver's window was seriously 'jacked' when I bought it. So much so that the rubber weather strip came up with the window & bunched at the top of the front verticle track.

I cut out the rubber from the front track & glued in felt weather stripping available at any hardware store. After trimming, it really doesn't look as bad as you might think. I still need to go back & add another layer to cut down on wind noise (minimal but there is some). There hasn't been any water intrusion in the 1 1/2 years since I did the repair.

BTW, I have the metal brackets but never installed since the felt conversion has the window working fine.

I never took any pix but I'll see if I can snap one tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by ctp View Post
    I am about to do the window fix. Hopefully there are some of the metal brackets available.

I still have an issue though. My windows have been jacked up for a while. A couple of trips to Iraq have had my priorities elsewhere. All of the rubber around my windows needs replaced as well as the plastic holding the glass. The bottom rubber folds down when the window is rolled down, and the side is bent so that the window follows it off the track and the top doesn't seal. How big (and expensive) is this job going to be?
    I do have the metal brackets available on my website.
    Ill cover shipping to Hawaii also.........

SBC - sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like your brackets wouldn't help. I still plan on installing them eventually. It just isn't that high on the priorities anymore. From all I've read here - they're worth their weight in gold (well, maybe silver).

As a matter of fact, Wifey has been after me to install since the passenger window now jumps. Guess I'd better get on it before the rubber on that side goes FUBAR.

Brackets definitely help and solve most all of the window problems.

See this thread if you have not yet:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ght=window+fix

I think I am good for the bracket. I will be ordering tonight. I just don't know how I am going to replace the rubber moulding around the door.

My rubber was not that bad, silicone spray made mine look like new, don't know what to tell you. Contact Merlin at St Charles Isuzu 1-800-727-8066 he can probably order you some with free shipping.

If the rubber isn't torn (mine was), you should be able to bond it back in place with weather strip adhesive. If it's torn, you should be able to order replacement from Merlin (I didn't 'cause I'm cheap).

I ordered new rubber from St. Charles... I think it was $8 per side.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    SBC - sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like your brackets wouldn't help.

No Prob ........It didnt sound like that at all to me.

"I think it was $8 per side."

Wow - I'm cheaper than I thought.

"No Prob ........It didnt sound like that at all to me."

Cool - Zeus is the only one I Torque intentionally (well, Bart too from time to time).

Being one of the first members to buy these.. and actually had Tim install them.. I am here to say they are worth their weight in gold.. 2 arizona summers and they work as well as the day they were installed.. a very nice innovation..

Thanks again Tim.. it was money well spent..

Finally ordered window brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by ctp View Post
    Finally ordered window brackets.
    I will be sending these out today.......To San Clemente.
    Thanks Chris

Got a little side tracked with a new baby. The Mrs has certain "priorities:.

Anyway, 1 bracket in and epoxy hardening as I type. If all goes well #2 after I get back from appt.

The brackets are the heat. I also just broke 1 of the plastic pieces on the spare tire cover, so I guess you will be getting another order.