Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pressure Regulator

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Up for grabs is the modified allen wrench needed as well as complete instructions on how to replace your fuel pressure regulator. This is courtesy of etlsport. Simple process, just kinda pain the butt to access some of the parts due to the location on the engine. First to respond with interest gets the part and instructions.

Yeah my VX has all of the symptoms now, idle low then high then low then wont idle, so I ordered the Fuel Pressure Regulator today from St Charles Isuzu and will be putting it on ASAP, so let me know how to get this from you, thank.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Yeah my VX has all of the symptoms now, idle low then high then low then wont idle, so I ordered the Fuel Pressure Regulator today from St Charles Isuzu and will be putting it on ASAP, so let me know how to get this from you, thank.
    When you get the FPR from Merlin, marvel at the GM part number on the packaging...then, if you would, post a pic of the packaging with the legible part #. I'd like to do a little checking around for cross referencing...

Will do.

I might still have the packaging from mine too. I will poke around in the garage and see.

And you know, I changed my FPR before Moab this past May, and on occassion, my VX will have a surging idle when I start up. It does it for 5 or 6 revs and then levels out normally. Its weird.

Bart

Littlebeast, responded to your PM, I forwarded the part and the instructions to someone else on this forum shortly after I posted, I didn't keep the message but whomever has the allen wrench and instructions, please let littlebeast know if you're done with the FPR change

PM Sent I have the tool and instructions

I am waiting to hear back

Thanks everybody circmand is sending it on to me
    I barely got the VX home yesterday, but hopefully it will be back up and running in no time

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    I might still have the packaging from mine too. I will poke around in the garage and see.

And you know, I changed my FPR before Moab this past May, and on occassion, my VX will have a surging idle when I start up. It does it for 5 or 6 revs and then levels out normally. Its weird.

Bart
    0177 has done this, very mildly (50 or 100 rpm) very occasionally, since the day it was born. A light stab on the loud pedal ends it pronto.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ya, i have the same issue......

usually like 2k rpm idle with your foot for like 3 seconds will fix it for me...
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

get me a part number also, i have an "in" at a gm dealership, more importantly the parts department, and can usually get a bit of a price break. when i see the part number, i will call and get a price to compare around. i need to do this also.

By "barely got it home yesterday" I mean it died on me every single time I started it without my foot on the accelerator, and it died every time I started to slow down or brake and did not have my foot on the accelerator keeping it above 1k rpms, and when I gave it gas it would choke and sputtering and barely get up to speed at all. I know what you guys are talking about mine does the bouncing idle every once and a while, but yesterday was scary in 5pm traffic in Houston, knowing that the VX would cut off if I hit the brake without my right foot on the gas at least above 1k or so. I will get the part numbers and photos up as soon as I get the part in.

what were you doing

using the brakes at 5 in Houston anyhow?;eekp;

Mine was doing that exact same thing Little Beast. I fixed it with a new idle control valve. It gets filled up with carbon like the EGR does. You can clean it but it was a fairly inexpensive part ($50 or so)and its a 5 minute replacement so I just put in a new one.

Jody

"I barely got the VX home yesterday, but hopefully it will be back up and running in no time"

Sorry to hear you ran into troubles getting home after I met you - hope I didn't jinx you

Maybe it was just scared since it knew you thought it would be up on blocks for a few days.

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.