Thread: Driver Side Control of Passenger Window

Driver Side Control of Passenger Window

Has anyone else had problems with the driver side controls for the passenger side window? The passenger side controls work fine, indicating that there is no issue with the motor assembly...but the driver side contols fail intermittenly...sometimes they work...sometimes they don't...when they don't I can use the passanger side switch to raise/lower, but it's a pain. I'm thinking it's a loose wire or the switch...multi-meter time I guess....

Sounds like the connector has come loose on the driver’s side - has anyone been in the door for adjustments or replacing speakers?

I have...but I made sure that the connector was secure before I snapped the console back into the door...I just double checked it at lunch and the connection is secure...what do you think the chances are that the wiring is bad?

Check the pins in the connector to make sure they have not backed out - onlikely the wiring is bad unless you nicked it last time you were in. Connector clicks into the switch assembly when in all the way. Wiggle the connector/wires while you have it out of the door. Check for opens and shorts with a meter - good luck!

I'm experiencing something similar. I suspect it's a wiring problem because shortly before this problem popped up, I started experiencing intermittent problem with locks: they wouldn't always work when I use the alarm remote.

Since it's still under warranty, I'll take my VX to the dealer for a repair probably next week. I'll let you know what they find.
    2001 Kaiser "The Silver Shadow" VX #841

I broke out the multi-meter last night and tested the driver-side controls. Then I checked out the schematic wiring diagram. There is a Yellow/Blk wire that goes between the switches...if there is continuity, then the switch is bad...if no continuity, then there is a short/loose connection. I snapped the controls off the passanger door to find the connection not secure...I pushed it in all the way till it clicked...not have secured it after I removed the door panel while Dynamating... stewpid, stewpid, stewpid...

Thanks for the suggestions!

Just in case somebody else has this problem, I'll post it here. Took my VX to the dealer last week. They told me that the window master switch was the problem. Replacing the switch fixed both the lock and the window control problem.

- Ed Y.