Ok...

So I need to rethread one of my tie rod ends... The ones that I installed just a few weeks ago

I Was swapping out my CV boots, and needed to change a boot on my tie rod end (one got torn from double bagging it). So I undo the bolt (as i've done several times) but this time the tie rod won't just tap out. like in the past. I decide to give it a good whack with the hammer, and just as I made contact with the threaded tie rod end (the part that the castle not threads on to) I was like "NO IDIOT" knowing I had just hit a threaded piece with a hammer... well just as I suspected, it jacked up the threads.

I immediately threaded on the castle nut thinking it'd fix the issue... I used a wrench to get it going thinking it would act as a Die... Well it didn't... It just marred the threads and destroyed the castle nut.

No biggie on the castle nut as I have spares. But the tie rod end that's a different story. I ran to Sears to buy a die, the only M14 they had was in a kit for $100, so off to Harbor Freight I went... bought a little kit and gave it a go... The harbor freight job wasn't having it. Now I know their stuff sucks, but the fact that it wouldn't even work once... now that REALLY SUCKS!!

Well I took back the kit, and now I'm still left with a stripped tie rod end.

What do you guys suggest? Maybe take it to a machine shop and see if they can thread it? See if I can order just an end from Indy 4X?

I'm having a bad week!! And I'm supposed to be hitting the trails this weekend. Worst case scenario I'll put a stock tie rod on for the weekend, but I really don't want to go that route, it just adds more work for me, and Firestone (lifetime alignment )