Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ARGH! Kansas tourist took me out!

Unhappy ARGH! Kansas tourist took me out!

July 3rd, a date that will live in infamy. Some tourist on his way to Steamboat Springs just killed my VX. Shot out of a gas station and into my right side as
    I passed by. Bye bye hinge pillar (crushed) right door, fender, and all the claddings. Even cracked my new fiberglass hood panel. Not drivable, door won't close, etc. Worst part? HE HAS PROGRESSIVE! AAARRRGGHHHHHH!
    Let the screwing begin. Can't wait till their little "Progressive Mobile" shows
    up here at the shop. I'll let him go through the motions and do the used part search I have already done. There are no good doors or fenders for the right side. Nothing "body shop quality". New parts are 12 weeks out. Looks like they'll have me in a rental for a VERY LONG TIME if they don't total it.
    Well another 01 Ironman might have just bit the dust. We'll see...........

Bummer!!

Tourists... Why do they call it tourist season if we're not allowed to shoot them?

Still, the good news is that, last time I looked, you had your choice of four different VXs on Craigslist if you needed to replace yours.

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope it turns out okay.

BTW, if everything works out right, I'm going to be a tourist in your neck of the woods near the end of the month. I'll be volunteering on the burro race circuit if I can get away from the office.

just remember these words when it comes to talking to the adjuster..

If your insured hadn't hit me.. we wouldn't even need to be negotiating

trust me.. it works wonders when you are asking for what is right

i had to get a lawer to get a fair settelment...he had PROGRESSIVE...thats how I got my VX

sweet post 400
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

sorry for the bad news, I hope things turn out well for you but I think it's wise of you to at least consider the possibility that it may be totalled, I hope it's not but it sounds like a good amount of damage and with parts being difficult to obtain and likely expensive, it may end up being a hefty estimate

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Sorry for your loss, Trudy! If it is the end, use this a nice opportunity to find another VX for yourself. Good luck!

Hate to be a Vulture

But if it turns out it can't be fixed can you give the site a heads up on where the VX is towed and let us know what may be usable? I really do noy need anything but since parts are rare someone here may need them.

Sorry to hear about your woes. Sending you all the positive Karma we can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Unhappy Thanks for your sympathy

Progressive guy due here today. Upside, I deal with these same Progressive
    people here at the body shop so I already know the adjuster and he's not a
    unreasonable guy and will be right up front with me about what his company
    will or won't do. Progressive figures the car rental costs as part of the total claim, so that's going to screw me. I just completed the estimate and I wrote $3600, so it's only 40% of threshold for a total loss, but a potential car rental bill of $7000 will be the deal breaker.

Ed @ Tynan's Isuzu called again this morning after contacting Isuzu about my parts. Most of the body items are no longer stocked, period, anywhere. I have to place the order with vin# and they have to be "made" at Isuzu's Japan Fabrication Facility. That can be a wait of as long as 6-9 months as I'm sure some of you equally unlucky owners have already discovered.

Lenny Weisberg just put his 01 Charcoal in the local paper for 10k and I called him this morning to see if it was still up for grabs. It has 87k miles and he is the original owner. I plan to push them to buy that one for me if they are going to take mine.

Salvage value could be as high as 7k since it really has so little damage. It will go to Klode Salvage Distribution in Littleton, Co to be listed on their bid sheet. You have to be a body shop, salvage yard, or dealer to even bid on it. That's the downside to letting go of a VX with so many good parts needed by so many good people. Will post an update as more info is available.

I’m sorry you have to go thru this. You should agree with there terms only if you can keep the VX. That way you can recoup more from selling the parts. Tell them you need to run this agreement by your lawyer first, it helps.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

That so much's SUCKS! I wasn't in my VX a week and this '*******' (sorry) almost took me out doing the same crap. God if I could of got my hands on him,... proable would of had a heart attack at my age, but I wanted to kill the,....sorry, bastard!
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Spares please?

Hi
    sorry to hear of your accident BUT if you get the salvage could I buy the roof spoiler, steering wheel & centre armrest please?
    Clive

At least I'm not the first buzzard....

I hope you do get your ride fixed, and fixed right. I'd hate to see another VX drop from the ranks.

In case you have do part it out, do you have a luggage rack? I was promised one by a guy trying to sell his VX and he sold it out from under me, I've been looking for one ever since. (Not a lot of cargo room on the inside, and I need to be able to carry equipment about 8ft long, the only place is on the top if I can get a rack.) Let me know, but, we will still be keeping our fingers crossed that you get your ride back.

DW

Unhappy Progressive Sucks! I'm being total lossed

They are officially totaling my VX, over a door that won't close and their refusal to pay car rental for the time it will take to get parts. I can't remember when I have been more pissed off in my life. Unfortunately, all insurance companies view car rental costs as part of the total, so getting my
    insurance company involved won't change that.
    I have done my homework and they will need to offer me 12k to get my attention. A 2001 was just sold by Palmer Dodge in Indiana for 10k with a confirmed salvage title and 39k miles.

My friends at Klode Salvage tell me they do have a request for salvage value from Progressive on my VX. They have the photos on file and it's already been claimed for re-build by one of their people. Why not, just needs a door and fender. So, it's going to end up back on the road down in Denver with a salvage title. Sorry guys.
    However I will still have a front axle and rear axle with only 4200 miles on it
    up for grabs. I will also have a buildable transmission and transfer case. Trans has blown front pump, transfer case was run with minimal fluid and clutch is burnt. Still works in 2wd, but won't auto lockup the front. Does still function in 4w lo with no noise. I also have a new combo/turn signal switch still in the box. Anyone need these items, I'll make you screaming deals. I'm trying to sell my house right now so I really need to clean these items out of my garage.
    These vehicles are awesome off road and I'm glad I had the chance to do
    Kane Creek, Hells Revenge, and Fins & Things before I lost her.