Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: June 28th International Mini Meet

Quote Originally Posted by workmeistr View Post
    I have the plastic "Vehicross" Doors. I need the plastic cap below it that conceals the metal riser clamp to the roof rails. I have weight limit stickers showing. I tried to circle it in the above post's picture. I'm in Tahoe through tomorrow so I will try to post a picture then.

The P.O. had the bars installed, and the caps should have been given to him or reinstalled (there might have been a different one's for VX's without the crossbars, if there were such VX's).

Kenny's picture shows some kind of cap that caps around the riser clamps, onto the roof rail. That's the ticket for me, me thinks.
    Yeah, like Etl said, those are the stock covers that have been modified to fit over the installed roof rack risers. Those little pieces are going to be just as hard, if not harder to find than the roof rack components. A set of four sold for over $400 on eBay months back.

Take a look at my page here and you will see what we did:

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/mods/roofrack.htm

And hell, since you are in Tahoe, you should swing over to Reno and hang for a bit with us Reno VXers.

Bart

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by workmeistr View Post
    Thanks, Kenny,
    I found the rack for sale. That's the smaller of the two, Thule 695 Xpedition, 31.1" x 50.4", correct?

Next is to find the elusive Yakima Wing Mighty Mount Horizontals for the factory "Wingrider" bar to bolt the rack down to. I understand from searches that one horizontal wing mighty mount is part number 8830027. A set of 4 is 8003601. I'm not a fan of the Universal Mighty Mounts.

On another note, I am obviously missing the "plastic" finishing caps from where the risers bolt to the roof rails. I have the factory risers holding the Windrider bar with the outside "VehiCross" caps, right below the "VehiCross" caps, where my risers mount the roof rails, I have the exposed "100 lbs max..." stickers. You photo shows your truck has caps that cover that area.

So...Anyone got some factory finishing caps?
    I picked up the larger 696 since the 695 would be too narrow to fit a full size spare into. The 696 sits about 1/4" onto the end caps with YAKIMA on them

You do not need the Mighty mounts to install the basket. It attached with T-bolts that slide into the top slot on the roof rack. See PDF image attached at end of post below.
    (Link to Full Install PDF document:
    http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/orsra...ctions-pdf.pdf)

As for the rail caps, it this what you mean?

cheers.

Yep, Kenny,
    Nice caps and thanks for the Thule files. nfpgasmask, thanks for the template idea for after I find my caps.

Did I read somewhere here that the Trooper also had the Wing Bars? Did they also have the same roof rails? In other words, those plastic caps are only on VX's?

I found a yard up here that once had 2 VX's. 'Crushed them both after taking off major components. The old pictures on their website showed a rack on one and no rack on the other, so I could have had my caps if they would have held on to the hulks.
    Bren Workman
    Gretna, NE
    (C) 402-312-1992

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm pretty sure those pieces are exclusive VX parts.

Bart