Thread: Auto Blind Spot Mirror Adjustments

Arrow Auto Blind Spot Mirror Adjustments

Found this LaneFX while looking for mirror mods for the VX.

What do you all think? Worth it? Not worth it?
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

This has worked really well for me and cost less than $10. http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...eferrerid=1999
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I use these:

Super-cheap mod utilizing stick-on mirrors designed for the Ford Expedition (get these at Pep Boys).

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyapollo View Post
    I use these:

Super-cheap mod utilizing stick-on mirrors designed for the Ford Expedition (get these at Pep Boys).

-- John
    I use the same... these are great.

I use my signal to ask for permission... ie I turn it on when I need to get over, then I check my mirrors and blind spots, if someone is letting me in I go, or if it's clear I go.

Sometimes "announcing" your intentions will get people to be kind. Sometimes it makes them intentionally block you... I rarely get blocked.

ex-owner '99 ebony...looking for a dragon green.
    I put one of those on the corner of my computer monitor at work. That way I can see when the boss is coming up behind me and pretend like I'm actually working.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    They are not letting you in to be kind, they are making sure you don't hit them! It is called defensive driving. I have seen too many old folks use your method without the intention of turning around. So I never trust someone is going to look if their blinker is already going. Almost been hit myself a few times because of people using your method and never looking next to them. To me, it's irresponsible, so now when I see it, I am that guy who blocks your kind.
    Absolutely couldn't disagree more...

Wow...

I wait for a motion or a flash of lights...

You should try it I think you'd be humbled... Truckers use this method also seems to work for them

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Things are a little different around these parts...

Signaling in advance of a lane-change is taken as a sign of utter foolishness in the Northeast, and virtually always results in the signaller getting blocked in - not only by the guy that could have yielded to him, but also by the entire line of cars behind him. The same holds true for semis, which is why they hate driving the I-95 corridor through NY, CT, RI and MA. Once you get into NH and ME, the road civility level improves. Anyway, this also explains why the truckers often give little to no notice of their lane changes.

Lighting the blinker is a legal formality to be performed after the lane-change manoeuver is inevitable and there's nothing the other guy can do about it. I have a friend who is so gleeful about making a sneaky lane-change stick that when he signals it, he hits the turn signal briefly several times in a row, so the blinking appears slower than normal. Totally obnoxious. Kinda funny, though, if you are not on the receiving end of it.

One other thing not mentioned is to plan ahead. If you know you will be changing lanes, keep track of the traffic around you for a few seconds using the rear view. Plan for your opening before it arrives so the side mirrors & the glance over your shoulder are to ensure that nothing snuck in whilst you were on the move.

1) I know it doesn't always work - you may not have time to plan ahead all the time - but it does work for the most part (but never on I95).

2) (turn on evil snicker) Drives my wife nutz cause she doesn't think I'm even checking to see if it's clear - I have fun with that part (turn off evil snicker).

BTW - No likey the LaneFX. Too late to teach an old dog new tricks - I'd be all over the road trying to figure out WTF I'm lookin at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.