Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to change small circular lights in the front bumper bumper

Smile How to change small circular lights in the front bumper bumper

Hello, would anyone have any suggestions on how to change the small circular lights in the front bumper. The space is way small for a hand to fit underneath or above. Please if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. : ) Thanks!

Thumbs up

No problem.......open your hood and and look down on your head lights. There should be one opening for your hand to go down. Put your hand down the hole and grab the back end of your fog lights. Twist and push out the front.

I changed Taylor Richie's for hiom in Moab. It took about 30 seconds apiece.

BTW - Since you are changing out one of the stock ones. They are only 3 watts and look terrible. Go to Home DePot and buy the Malibu 18 watt bulbs. They only cost $4 for four, and they look much better than the stock ones.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Yes They are awesome!!

Thanks Again Tom!!

Very nice meeting you, and a Great Ride... I did an even Hairier one the next day.

If you've got any pix from Dome Plateau I'd love to see them.

Richie

also if you have a good grip you can get your fingertips around the lights and they will twist like 1/4 turn and pull straight out of the front bumper

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Question How do you turn them on?

Unless both mine are burned out (I have not checked), but do they turn on with low beams or high? Do they have a separate switch cuz the owner's manual does not mention them or I am blind and yes a 2 month VX newbie owner...
    Larry S.
    99 Astral Silver VX (176k)
    91 Porsche 928 S4 (73k)

Quote Originally Posted by lasturbo View Post
    Unless both mine are burned out (I have not checked), but do they turn on with low beams or high? Do they have a separate switch cuz the owner's manual does not mention them or I am blind and yes a 2 month VX newbie owner...

The little round lights are on as soon as you turn your light switch to the first position (even if you don't turn on your headlights). Low beam or high beam does not matter at all. They are burned out if they do not come on. There is no separate switch.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

And if you want to take it one step father, Moncha wrote up a how to for the Hella Micro DE's as a replacement. I took that one step father and converted them to HID's which I have a how to write-up also.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Smile Thanks guys!

I will pull those bad boys out and check em' and maybe even convert em'!!!

Here's a link to that How to Section If you're interested, my write up is at the bottom.
    Last edited by Moncha : 01/20/2010 at 04:44 PM
    Scott / moncha.com

If you're a smart guy you can figure out how to replace the round lights with any kind of fog lights. Since I'm not that smart I used Moncha's write up to get the wiriing right and to help me wire the factory switch (that I got from Merlin). It's a great write up, easy to follow and can be adapted for any lights.

Have fun and take pictures of the results.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    I noticed one of mine was out the other day. I had a pair of these lights I got from someone about 3 years ago, so I pulled one of the bulbs out to replace mine. Well surprise - it's BLUE! So I replaced both of them, and now I have blueish little round lights.

Call it an unintentional mod...

Well..I don't want to jack this thread but I wasn't finding what I needed w/the search function. My drivers side light is out, and I figured why not replace both? I haven't found anything on putting in LED replacements for the Fogs, has anyone done this?

You should be able to pick up LED replacement bulbs that are direct replacement for the standard bulbs. Mine still work though so I've never tried.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I've done complete LED replacement for the turn signals front and rear, the side markers front and rear and the "horn" lights above the headlamps. As Tom said, just a simple wedge replacement for the OEM socket would be very easy but not very bright, unless that is what you are after. Here's the link to the write ups I did in the Review Section. There are some newer, brighter choices for LEDs out there and they keep getting brighter, but I still haven't found any that can out shine my 100 watt DE's or the HIDs that some have put in.

See Handito. I TOLD you Scott was the brightest bulb in the lamp. You didn't believe me.

(Yes Handeeman, you ARE Handito - sidekick extraordinare)