Thread: kissing the sky

kissing the sky

so what is the steepest everyone has climbed in their vx? I was up near crown king az today and saw the mother of all hills. Being all stock I hesitated. it was probably a 50-60% (horrible rough estimate) grade going up with ruts. I ran up to the top to gauge if I could make it, and when I got back down, my gf told me that if I attempted it, she'd be hitch hiking back.. I know alot of moabers do some steep climbs on the rocks, but this was about 65 yards long up this mountain. Any one have any pics? vids? stories?

Here are a few...

Something to remember though is that Moab is a lot different than most of our trails in Az. The "slickrock" has a ton of grip making near impossible climbs possible. The looser rock and dirt climbs, especially if rutted, will be more difficult.

Bye the way, you going to join us for the fall trip (see calandar)?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

fall trip

sweet dude , yea im still not aware of the full capabilities of the vx. Im down for the fall trip, where is it to?

The fall trip is listed in the events section on the home page. The trail will take us from Mammoth to Safford with a night of camping. Hope you make it!

There are a couple hills in Reno I have gone up that are pretty wicked steep...I don't have any photos of those however.

Bart