Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tone's Moab Videos

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329

ummm... have you tried running the update within Quicktime?

I always check for updates.. and 'select all'

MAY help.

If not.. I'm not sure what else to try.

Trash what you have and try downloading it again - you could have a corrupted download. Then open it with another video viewing program - open the program and direct it to the downloaded file. I’m trying to finish the DVD of those movies this coming week.

If someone would like to download and then host them out streaming for those with slow connections or computer issues, I don’t have a problem with that.

Just checking..

Spazz... you ARE in fact 'right click' ing the videos and saving it locally before trying to watch it, right?

Also, are you set up as 'administrator' on your windows installation?

If you have installed the latest version of Quicktime, then I'm going to go with Tone on this one and say it sounds like corrupted downloads.
    Grab all the rars. They'll let you know if they are corrupted when you start to unpack them.

Although it's really bizarre that all of the downloads would be corrupted.

Don't tell anyone I suggested this and if you do, I'll deny it, but you could try just clicking (instead of right clicking and saving) on the links to see if quicktime will try to play them. Quicktime do the whole play it as it downloads it thing. If it doesn't want to open them, then it is a problem with your Quicktime install. If it does, then you have bad downloads.

I forgot where I was going with this post several times, so if it doesn't make sense, forgive me. I'll edit it in the morning for clarity. I'm tired.

Re: How can I watch these movies?????

Originally posted by SPAZZ
    um......let me think....am I stupid?....no, I am not stupid.....yes, I am right clicking and saving the movies.....in fact, I have tried everything from deleting(uninstalling) quick time, installing every frigging free download that quick time offers...... ...annoying......and every frigging time I try to watch the movies after downloading to my compute...it says not recognized program of Quicktime...or any other program for that fact
    Do your filesizes match what was posted on the webpage? Downloading huge files like this can be a problem unless you have a very stable connection. I've had my browser just cut off half way through the file and act like it was done.

I'd recomend downloading something like ReGet (www.reget.com) and having it download it for you. It downloads it in little chunks and if there is a problem with the connection while you are in the middle of a download, it will start up as soon as it can connect again.

Download Accellerator Plus(DAP) is another option, but I prefer ReGet.

The way these programs work also tends to speed up download times.

Spazz, please dont take that the wrong way... I have no clue what you tried or didnt try.

I am starting to think that there is something wrong with your windows installation.

I am at a total loss on ideas.
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

Last ditch effort

2 more things to try:

First, make sure you have XP Service pak 1 (and any other critical updates) downloaded from http://www.windowsupdate.com

Then... go to http://security.kolla.de and download the free 'SpyBot Search and Destroy' adware&scumware cleaner.

After you install it, run it, go to the 'online' tab, select any updates available and install them.

Then... go to 'settings' and select the 'settings' sub menu.
    Scroll down the list and find the check box under 'web update' and select 'Display also available beta versions'

Go back to 'online' and scan for updates again. Install them if any are found.

Next click on 'check for problems' on the lower left.
    Let this scan your whole system. When completed, delete all items that are listed in RED.

Optionally you can run the 'immunization' tool afterwards.

I have had some success with misbehaving systems (where they couldnt even open an Excel file!) by using this program in the past. It may not fix your Quicktime problem. But it certainly wont hurt.

Originally posted by TimG
    A camera mounted on the roof would be awesome. I enjoyed the cockpit views that you provided, but noticed that you would turn off/put the camera down right before you did anything really extreme. A good driver could have done it while looking through the camera.
    I had a camera mounted on my sunroof years ago when I ran a rally in my Amigo. It was a ton of fun and I was able to watch it over and over again. Of course, I remember my girlfriend at the time couldnt sit in the same room when I watched it cause she hated the fact that i did such "dangerous and fanatical" sports, heh.

I even have a cool little 20 minute movie of a trail run with a camera mounted over my headlight on my 4 wheeler. That was really cool looking too, until the end of the flick when I nose dived off a drop off about 12 feet, heh. That, my friends, was the end of that camera.... and the nose bar.... and the headlight.... and the left front sway arm.... and the.... *sigh*
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Originally posted by SPAZZ
    Re: How can I watch these movies????? no luck, tried that/.........same issue
    Well I don't know if it would be worth it just to watch the videos, but it would definitely pay off many times the cost in reduced aggravation over several years if you get an Apple (Mac) computer. I fight with my Win-doze computer more in the first hour at work every day than I have with my Macs in the 7 years I've used them. Until you've given BillGate$ the one fingered salute and come over to the good side you can't imagine that computers can be a daily JOY to use instead of a constant struggle. No one every regrets 'switching' and being rid of M$ after all the grief. Good luck anyway and know I feel your pain!

Back on the subject of the movies.... Those are FANTASTIC Tone (finally figured out from watching them that your name rhymes with 'phony', not 'phone'). They are REALLY great if you watch all four of them at the same time so there is always some serious action happening! Some of those shots you got are unreal!
    Canadian VXer!

Originally posted by mrtew
    Well I don't know if it would be worth it just to watch the videos, but it would definitely pay off many times the cost in reduced aggravation over several years if you get an Apple (Mac) computer. I fight with my Win-doze computer more in the first hour at work every day than I have with my Macs in the 7 years I've used them. Until you've given BillGate$ the one fingered salute and come over to the good side you can't imagine that computers can be a daily JOY to use instead of a constant struggle. No one every regrets 'switching' and being rid of M$ after all the grief. Good luck anyway and know I feel your pain!
    I've been thinking about getting one of the new G5's. Those things are nice. I'd still have to keep a windows box around for gaming & work related tasks (I'm a programmer), but I could change my main machine over to OSX with no problems.

(finally figured out from watching them that your name rhymes with 'phony', not 'phone')
    The first time I met him, the first question i asked was phone or phony, and he said it was up to the individual. I chose to call him Mr. Monday since he wouldn't give me a straight answer (I didn't know him well enough to just call him anthony).
    After hanging out with him at a few meets I've found that people use both phony & phone, and it's probably pretty even on the percentages. Jay calls him Tone (phony) every time. George calls him Tone (phone) every time. I tend to use the last thing I heard someone call him.
    Truthfully, I don't think he really cares which one you use. He answers to Tone (phone), Tone (phony), and Mr. Monday. Next time I see him I'll see if he also answers to Anthony.

He sometimes answers to "Hey you!" also.
    Scott / moncha.com

Originally posted by Moncha
    He sometimes answers to "Hey you!" also.
    I forgot about that. Yes he does.

On thread related note. I changed the server to https only (because of some other stuff I have running on there), so if you bookmarked anything it will stop working unless you change the bookmark to https instead of http. I fixed my original post to point to the right place.