Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: weather tech worries

weather tech worries

ok so i bought the weather tech window shades and installed them. the only bad thing i noticed is at the top of the window, the window actually makes contact with the shade and kind of rubs against it at the very top. is this normal? I just want to make sure so it doesnt cause a problem with the window motors/regulators cuz it makes the window move slightly at the top as well. Any thoughts? if it's installed wrong... I want to know asap so I can correct the problem. I followed the instructions and put them in and they fit nice. any thoughts??

I think its ok. Mine are like that, been installed for nearly 2 years now with no issue.

Bart

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    I think its ok. Mine are like that, been installed for nearly 2 years now with no issue.

Bart
    Same, same...

yes, I was a little disappointed with mine as well b/c the little cutout on the passenger side didn't line up all that great with that hard plastic on the weatherstripping (top part of window opening). It was good, but for all the bragging they do about their products being custom made for vehicles, I was surprised. All in all, it wasn't worth returning for that.

well i talked to etlesport, eric, and he told me to leave my windows up for about 2 days, and that the problem would go away. im assuming that something gets stretched out or "molded" so that i wont have that issue. Has anyone tried this? also, there's a green vehicross in my area, peoria/glendale arizona, does anyone know who he is? i saw him going southbound on the 101 today. thanks guys for all your help so far

I will tell you I had much more of an issue with the wind deflectors when I first got them as it was in winter. My passenger side window barely went up at all, so I know there was a lot of pressure the deflector was putting on it. However, things have gotten better since then.

Been in the window channels for six years now....no issues.

well i took them out, but what should i do? my driver's side kinks forward and misaligns with the top now a bit cuz of the deflector, but should i just keep the deflector in with the windows up for a few days? what needs to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by VCross007 View Post
    well i took them out, but what should i do? my driver's side kinks forward and misaligns with the top now a bit cuz of the deflector, but should i just keep the deflector in with the windows up for a few days? what needs to be done?
    That's wierd. I noticed no ill effects with mine from day one. And the little nubs always lined up perfectly. It just makes me wonder a little, are you guys sure you are putting them in correctly? I mean, IIRC there is only one way they would go in anyhow, but???

Bart

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Lightbulb

Look for SBC's window fix thread, order his kit, install it.

Also, have you lubed your window channels???

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    That's wierd. I noticed no ill effects with mine from day one. And the little nubs always lined up perfectly. It just makes me wonder a little, are you guys sure you are putting them in correctly? I mean, IIRC there is only one way they would go in anyhow, but???

Bart
    I understand what you're saying Bart, but I R&I'd mine when I realized that the driver's side fit fine and the passenger side nub was off a little. I did not want to fool with sending them back to the weathertech and taking the chance of having the same problem when the replacement set came in. I did the install correct as far as I can tell. There's very little play so you can't really adjust them once they're in.

Well im still new to the vx, and the only thing i've taken apart is the dash to put my new headunit in. I looked at the instructions for taking the door off and it seems extensive. So I have not lubed the channels. The window will kink forward a bit then push back into place when its closing at the top. As far as I know I did install them correctly, looks like there's only way way to anyway. thoughts?

with respect to lubing the channels, I don't bother R&I'ing the trim panel, I simply spray in between the glass and the run channel both fore and aft of the front windows (when the windows are down obviously)
    worked for me so far

Well im still new to the vx, and the only thing i've taken apart is the dash to put my new headunit in. I looked at the instructions for taking the door off and it seems extensive. So I have not lubed the channels. The window will kink forward a bit then push back into place when its closing at the top. As far as I know I did install them correctly, looks like there's only way way to anyway. thoughts?
    Maybe we can do a trade.. I'll take your door apart if you show me how to take my radio out and install a new one..

trade

yea for sure. i didnt install a fancy head unit, just a regular cd/mp3 player but yea. message me on msn, my name is ramairgod@hotmail.com