Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: LittleBeast becomes BigBeast, lift, rims, tires, and more. Pics, PICS, and more PICS.

LittleBeast becomes BigBeast, lift, rims, tires, and more. Pics, PICS, and more PICS.

1st I installed the greasable swaybar bushings (energy suspension part # 9.5163R and 9.5156R), ultra low profile bumpstops (energy suspensions part # 9.9132R) and did the ball joint flip on the front:

Then I installed a vacuum control solenoid (part #8-01997-201-0) that fixed my P0440 and P0405 fault codes:

2nd I installed the new higher profile rear bumpstops (energy suspension part # 9.9104R) and OME 912 springs in the rear:

3rd I cranked the torsion bars to level:

4th I modified the cladding with a pneumatic cutoff tool/hammer and cleaned it all up with carefully placed HD zip ties:

Zinik Z26 20x8.5” Rims when I got them:

After installing the inserts:

Test fitting the rims:

1st pic of tires and rims installed:

Before and after pics:

Testing bumpstops with flex (they work perfect):

Scenic pics

Scenic pics:

Thumbs up Thanks

Tons of appreciation goes out to all those who helped me decide what to do with this mod, especially LDub (really thanks a ton man!) JoFotoz, Spazz, ericjimenez, and Zeus to name just a few. Thanks everyone, hope you like how it turned out!!!!!

Overhang

Here is a shot showing the amount of those massive 33x12.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers sticking out from the sides, definitly not too much but just enough, just what I was looking for. What do you all think?:

Oh and here is what the finished product looks like when I cleaned up the newly cut cladding:

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    damn looks good man....im workin my way to the same thing right now :bgwp:

Very Nice! Looks good, jeep owners are going to feel inadequate in its presents.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up Well Done !!!

...That looks SO much better...

I believe a trip to Moab is now in order...
    Last edited by Ldub : 04/29/2008 at 06:15 AM

Thumbs up

Ryan, looks GREAT! The only thing I can think of that will look better than your VX in a field in Texas is your VX hitting the sandstones of Moab. How about it? Get someone who's riding shotgun from the Texas posse to drive your VX to Moab. Go to your track meet in Salt Lake and meet LittleBeast in Moab. It can be done, and you can thank all those people in person because they will all be in MOAB in a couple of weeks!

Give it some serious thought.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Wow dude that looks great.....I think I am sold on the 20's with 33's now....Great work.

You're a punk! I decided I wasn't going to modify my suspension on my VX, and was going to be happy with stock. I don't wheel much, I just go camping, and generally am faced with simple dirt roads. I convinced myself I was happy aesthetically with the stock setup (just add some wheels). NOW I'M NOT!!

That is (in my opinion) the best looking VX I've ever seen. (no offense to anyone) That is totally my taste.

How long was the install start to finish?

I just finished putting a new turbo in my A4 so I could put it up for sale... Looks like the proceeds may be going to a full suspension upgrade for the VX. Damn-it...

Went back through your post... i'm confused... Is this only a ball joint flip, and torsion crank? Then Springs in the rear? And it looks this good? Killer...

And please give me reports on Ride quality, and MPGs (sure we're looking 12ish?)

Still can't get over how good that looks...

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Those tires look like tank treads! Mean!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    How about it? Get someone who's riding shotgun from the Texas posse to drive your VX to Moab. Go to your track meet in Salt Lake and meet LittleBeast in Moab. It can be done, and you can thank all those people in person because they will all be in MOAB in a couple of weeks!
    Well now I hadn't thought of that, if that is an option I might be up for that.....

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    That is (in my opinion) the best looking VX I've ever seen. (no offense to anyone) That is totally my taste.

How long was the install start to finish?

I just finished putting a new turbo in my A4 so I could put it up for sale... Looks like the proceeds may be going to a full suspension upgrade for the VX. Damn-it...

Thanks alot I am glad you like it, I used to not be able to say honestly that I liked my VX the best, for instance I used to like LDub and Jofotoz more than my own, but finally I can say that I like the looks of my own the most (but guys your VX's are still amazing).

Install I cut into about a 3 day period:
    -1st front ball joint flip and low profile bumpstops (roughly 4-5 hours as you figured it all out)
    -Then springs in rear with rear bumpstop upgrade and torsion crank and lots of measuring wheel well to tires and trips to the local Lowe's for the level parking lot to measure (roughly 4-5 hours again)
    -Then cutting the wheel wells and cladding and turning the tires a ton to make sure I thought I was adding enough clearance (roughly 3-4 hours)

Finally I just went to a local tire shop down the street and they mounted and balanced new rims and tires, and then seperated my old rims and tires all in about an hour for $60 cash. And I did a few other things so I did a little everyday for a week and was so happy when I was done.

I know what you mean about the A4, just before I started on the VX again, I got my RX-8 just the way I liked it, lowered a little with factory body kit and all, and now that the VX is done I have not driven it in almost 2 weeks! Now that I am so pleased with the VX I am considering selling it. It just cannot compete with the completely unique VX, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    Went back through your post... i'm confused... Is this only a ball joint flip, and torsion crank? Then Springs in the rear? And it looks this good? Killer...

And please give me reports on Ride quality, and MPGs (sure we're looking 12ish?)

Still can't get over how good that looks...
    You are correct ball joint flip, torsion crank, some springs and some slight cladding and hammer mods on the front fenders is all it takes!

Ride quality is definitely different. It is not as different as I thought it would be but different none the less. Only time I really notice it is very mild slightly loser feeling in the steering on the highway, and when you make a sudden turn it really wants to turn and when you try to correct those large tires don't want to but it hasn't been that bad at all. They are definitely louder than the Terra Grapplers, but you can barely hear them over my PV1 muffler, you only notice it when I am off the gas coasting and then it just sounds sweet! MPG, well I am getting around 250 miles per tank, but now I am traveling around 11% farther than what the odometer says so I might be getting 270 miles for 20 gallons, so roughly 13-15 miles per gallon, but this is pretty typical for my VX the most I have ever gotten was 17 miles to the gallon with a tail wind on the highway

It's now the UltraBeast. It looks great. Those tires look super meaty and they look great on the VX. I know that there is already a lot of peer pressure, but if you can make it out to Moab you, Dub and JoFotoz could go Jeep hunting (I know I wouldn't mess with three gnarly looking VX's rolling down the road).
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Ryan, that looks so great! And how many miles are on yours already??? WOW
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.