Thread: Los Angeles Meet on Nov. 9

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking Los Angeles Meet on Nov. 9

Write it three times on your calendar... on the back of your hand...write it on a piece of paper, put it in that little shelf on your dash ( if you havent put a hot wheels in it yet), and remember it.

I know there isnt any details as yet... working on it.

Deby, can you do some research and see what hotels are nearby the Isuzu America building? Could those coming from out of town and NOT staying with me coordinate with you on that?

Swordy and Walt - can you coordinate and think of some off-road trails we could venture to later that day?

I will do my best with the rest. Yeah, I know Tone. It better be pretty damn good....
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

It will be great no matter what we finally end up doing! There are more VXes out there than most any other state so you have a great chance of beating the record you already hold of 19 VXes in one place at one time. Looking forward to it!

Sure Anita

Ok, I will check on some local hotels in the Cerritos area and get back to you. I'm sure Andy hasn't read this yet because there is no reply by him. (Might be cuz he's busy on my Amigo.) I will let him know you are looking for some off road fun. I'm sure Andy and Walt will love mapping out a trail.
    I'll get back to this post with hotel info within a day or so. If anyone needs a hotel you can email me with the info (how many people, bed numbers, animals, kids, smoking, non-smoking, etc.) and I can find a suitable hotel for you. Just let me know what you need.

smeedeby@yahoo.com

Deby (if you're asking who I am...... I'm Swordy's wife)
    Last edited by BumbleV-X : 09/24/2002 at 06:33 PM
    Improve the desert.... plant a Sierra Club Member!

Are any NW VXers going? Driving or flying (in a plane that is, not just driving real fast)?

Talking Out of Town Visitors

I know of a few VXers coming from out of state that are in need of a place to stay and perhaps a ride to and from the airport. Some will stay at hotels.

Two questions to think about:

Who needs a place to stay and/or rides to and from the airport.

and

Are there any VXers who can offer a place to stay for those coming from out of town or do shuttle service to nearby airports.

Deby will coordinate information on hotels.

Hopefully, hopefully I shall have some information on meet details by next week....

Camping?

Any chance there's camping within, say, thirty miles? I hope that's not a crazy question. I don't know anything about Cerritos.

Camping...

I've done some checking on campgrounds. There are 4 that I found at the beach (Malibu & Long Beach). Although we are in Southern California, it dips to a chilly 40 degrees here at night. In November it will be colder. Now most of you think 40 isn't cold, but when you're on the beach it feels like 20. If you would like me to post those campgrounds, or need info on them please email me.

Deby
    Last edited by BumbleV-X : 10/03/2002 at 09:30 AM

Thumbs up Hotel

After some extensive searching I found a hotel that can work for us. The only local hotel in Cerritos ran $175 per night. After they revived me they suggested maybe another hotel might be our answer. Cerritos is really close to two major theme parks in So. Cal. Hotels are easy to find just one town over.
    Buena Park is just 4 miles from Cerritos, and the rates are MUCH better. After calling and checking I found one centrally located with enough rooms to help us, at a much easier price.

Buena Park Travelodge
    7039 Orangethorpe Ave.
    Buena Park, Ca. 90621
    1-714-521-9220

web reservations: www.travelodge.com
    (there are several in the area, please make sure it is the one on Orangethorpe.)

tele reservations: 1-800-578-7878

If you ask for the managers special it will be $49.00 per night with either 1 or 2 people. They have smoking and non smoking rooms. You (at the moment) have a choice between 1 king, or 2 double beds.

Going by what it says in the AAA book they have ...
    Free Deluxe Continental Breakfast.
    Heated Pool, Sauna, and Jacuzzi.
    Every room with kitchenettes, In-Room Coffee.
    Free shuttles to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm
    (Let me know if you want to go to Disneyland)
    Guest laundry
    BBQ picnic area
    They also have family suites if you prefer.

If this doesn't answer the questions or if you need more info, email me. smeedeby@yahoo.com

Deby

Buena Park is the place to go. I stayed over there last year. It's right down the road from Cerritos...like a 5 minute drive max. With lights.

Lots of hotel/motels there, because of Knott's Berry Farm and other tourist traps over there. Pretty good range of pricing, too.

-Daver
    -Daver

Lightbulb

I’ll bring rear door popper kits and 3rd brake light flashers with me if there is any interest - email me. Sorry, can’t bring the boulder bars with me.... ;(

Angry

Sorry to be the bearer of BAD NEWS, but Isuzu has decided to pull the plug on the meet at their headquarters, citing insurance reasons. Anita will post more later but called to have me give a heads up ASAP.

MAJOR faux pas in my opinion when we have successfull and uneventfully had a meet there about a year ago AND operated the prototypes without issue. Not sure if calls would change their mind but for those with attitude, the main number is:
    562 229-5000

------------------
    Be sure to check out this new site ...

Going Farther...

Event may still be on..... waiting for confirmation

It's not over yet! We are working on it.

Official word today - the meet is on.
    Isuzu America Headquarters
    13340 183rd St.
    Cerritos, CA 90072

Saturday, November 9 at 10 am

Isuzu is located just off the 91 freeway at the Carmenita exit.

Nearby lunch at 1:30.

Now the bad news... there are no protos to be seen this time. Seems they all are on the auto show circuit or elsewhere. Bummer

That doesnt mean we cant have a great time checking out the mods, bringing stuff to swap or sell and just hanging out with each other.

Please come!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unhappy

Wish I could make it, but I just got back from the East coast and have a little Isuzu off-roadin' meet to attend in Indiana that same weekend... drat! Have fun out there. We'll do the same here! See y'all in Moab!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS