Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rocky-Road Outfitters...what's the deal?

Rocky-Road Outfitters...what's the deal?

So on April 4th I ordered my springs from rocky-road.com. Three weeks have passed, no springs. They replied to one of my emails and said they should be shipping next week and that I should get a UPS shipping notification. That should have been last week. I have tried calling them several times and no one ever answers. I sent them another email last week and I am still waiting for a reply.

At this point, I am getting pissed. With Moab 3 weeks away and only one weekend left (I'm outta town this coming weekend) to get lifted and finish my mods, I am getting worried. Anyone have any info on these guys?

Bart

Dude, this sucks. I must have been lucky cause when I ordered mine they came pretty fast.

Still not too late to order those spring jacks like I have. Speedway will have them to you within the week I would think.

Low rise:
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/7038...-Standard.html

High rise:
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/3389...-Extended.html
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    Still not too late to order those spring jacks like I have. Speedway will have them to you within the week I would think.

Low rise:
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/7038...-Standard.html

High rise:
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/3389...-Extended.html
    While that would be a nice alternative option, I am really trying NOT to spend more money. Needless to say, when I place an order online, I expect the company to be selling me something that they have IN STOCK, unless otherwise noted. At this point, if I can get ahold of them, I may have to cancel the order and get something else, if they do not expect to have the springs shipped this week.

Bart

Well on the brighter side the lift is quick and easy. So if we had to do it on a weeknight it would be no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    Well on the brighter side the lift is quick and easy. So if we had to do it on a weeknight it would be no big deal.
    Yeah, that is probably what we will need to do. I found another (non-800) number for them online. I am waiting in a queue right now, hopefully I will get someone to talk to soon.

Bart

Well, I just got through to someone, and they said the springs are shipping today. I got a tracking number, so I should be able to track it with 24-48 hours. So, everything is probably ok, I'm just impatient I guess.

So, this means the springs should be in this week. So Crn, maybe on Monday or Tuesday next week we can lift me up?

Ascinder, when are you back? Should we plan the first weekend of May as the official Reno VX Prepare for Moab Ultra Modding weekend?

Bart

Yea Rocky Road takes FOREVER!!!! I ordered springs and I think it took them 3 months to get them out to me... Keep on 'em... Because I am just about done ordering things through them... I still don't have my sliders they were ordered the beginning of this month... they said it would take a week to build so now I am waiting. Let's see how long they take this time.
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Well, I just got through to someone, and they said the springs are shipping today. I got a tracking number, so I should be able to track it with 24-48 hours. So, everything is probably ok, I'm just impatient I guess.

So, this means the springs should be in this week. So Crn, maybe on Monday or Tuesday next week we can lift me up?

Ascinder, when are you back? Should we plan the first weekend of May as the official Reno VX Prepare for Moab Ultra Modding weekend?

Bart
    Yeah let me know when you are ready.

I just checked and here is the thread for my lift. LINK I got mine so fast cause I paid extra....

EDIT: I need to get you that spray for you torsion bar adjusters. No reason to buy some. I will head out to my 'rents to grab after I meet Cari for Lunch. You want me to drop it by your pad or wait til this weekend?

Yeah let me know when you are ready.

I just checked and here is the thread for my lift. LINK I got mine so fast cause I paid extra....

EDIT: I need to get you that spray for you torsion bar adjusters. No reason to buy some. I will head out to my 'rents to grab after I meet Cari for Lunch. You want me to drop it by your pad or wait til this weekend?
    Yeah, we can wait until next week. Hopefully the springs will come in sometime this week, and then next Monday we can spray that stuff on my nuts.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Yeah, we can wait until next week. Hopefully the springs will come in sometime this week, and then next Monday we can spray that stuff on my nuts.

Bart
    Yeah lubing the area the day before always helps.... It really helps crank your stud rather that the nuts....

Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    Yea Rocky Road takes FOREVER!!!! I ordered springs and I think it took them 3 months to get them out to me... Keep on 'em... Because I am just about done ordering things through them... I still don't have my sliders they were ordered the beginning of this month... they said it would take a week to build so now I am waiting. Let's see how long they take this time.
    Wow, that sucks. I wish I would have known. I am kind of a stickler for this type of thing. I have had too many bad experiences with online shops selling things THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE!!!! That is A-1 bad business if you ask me. I understand if it is a custom order for something that has to be made from scratch, but even in those cases, if a time frame is set, that time frame had best be adhered to. I recently read this thread http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11732 about Ron and his lack of response, and just reading it made me furious. I started to type a response, but then I realized that I should sit that one out, since I am not involved and I do not know Ron personally. But in a nut shell, that is enough to call the BBB and report a fraud if you ask me.

Technology has changed commerce forever. And I embrace it whole-heartedly. But I refuse to be lied to and cheated online. If I get my springs this week, I will honestly have nothing bad to say about Rocky-road, other than that they are slow, and that they should add a few blurbs on their website when ordering, that orders may take a long time.

Little companies like this need to realize that in order to stand up to big companies like Amazon, they NEED to offer a competitive level of service, if nothing else, to compete. Personally, I love Amazon. Ordering is simple, and delivery is lightening fast, 99% of the time.

Anyway, sorry for that rant. I just hate being screwed in cyberspace....

Bart

I am back as of Monday night(21st) and should be on vacation from then until after Moab so my modding is going to begin post haste. The winch mount should be finished by Wednesday at the latest, but I still need to order the winch-line and a load of custom high grade hardware and a giant heap of other miscellaneous mods before then. So, yeah I can swing by wherever/whenever to help out, and maybe even finish up some of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    I am back as of Monday night(21st) and should be on vacation from then until after Moab so my modding is going to begin post haste. The winch mount should be finished by Wednesday at the latest, but I still need to order the winch-line and a load of custom high grade hardware and a giant heap of other miscellaneous mods before then. So, yeah I can swing by wherever/whenever to help out, and maybe even finish up some of my own.
    Yeah, let me know about the CV boots too. I kinda don't want mine breaking in the middle of our trip.

Bart

Yeah lubing the area the day before always helps.... It really helps crank your stud rather that the nuts....
    You guys are still talking about lifting the VX, right?

Seriously, how much does a mild lift affect the handling of the VX? I would like to lift, but if it is at the cost of the handling, that would be a tough sell.
    James
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...