Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lots of short fuses and easily hurt feelings on VX.info lately

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987

Question Lots of short fuses and easily hurt feelings on VX.info lately

Can't everyone just be ecstatically happy because of the tremendous tax breaks we've just received???????????

I've noticed the same thing myself, this was brought up in several posts lately and is the second post on this very subject that I have seen.

Some folks seem to be taking things a bit too seriously here.

When I first started visiting forums like this one I was shocked at the things people would say and sometimes got offended myself and spoke my mind about the situation at hand. I have found this usually leads to bad vibes, fights and a lot of trash talking that just really isn't worth the time.

BUT!!!

Over the years I have developed a tendency to just block these types of people out. I have come to find , except and appreciate that everyone is entitled to thier own opinion and has the right to say what they like regardless of how that will effect the people reading it. It's nice to have everyones point of view when making decisions on mods, repairs etc. .

I just take the good with the bad and appreciate that we have such a wonderful place to gather and chat about the VX

It's sad to see people with so many things in common here just talk crap about each other.

just let it gooooooo man , in with the good out with the bad (repeat as needed)
    Live Free or DIE!

Man, you guys need to read and participate in gaming forums... that'll cure the sensetivity issues around here real quick like.

Lively debate in one of my gaming forums: http://cazic-thule.net/forums/showth...&threadid=2331

Of course, it has nothing to do with gaming...

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD

Re: Lots of short fuses and easily hurt feelings on VX.info lately

Originally posted by SGT.BATGUANO
    Can't everyone just be ecstatically happy because of the tremendous tax breaks we've just received???????????
    NO.

Besides... what tax break? Oh yeah... that huge whopping $50 for singles making $30k and so on. Ooooh. Aaaaah.

That's right folks. You've been bushwhacked again.

The economy has been so bad for the past two years, most people will likely use the tax break to pay bills... and those fortunate enough to get substancial breaks are likely to sit on the money and wait the bearish market out. Create jobs my *****. Same used car salesman ploy's been tried time and time again in American history. When will the people wise up?

At his first fund raising event for 2004 held few nights ago, each participant was expected to pay $2000. Sounds like a ritzy party with great food and expensive wine right? Think again. For $2000 they didn't even have chairs to sit on or tables to be at. On top of that they were served hot dogs and hamburgers on paper plates... no fancy cousine or chinaware. Yet, the rich gladly paid $2000 each... why? because Jr. has done them well. Hell, if I was rich... I'd do it too.

Originally posted by Inaba
    Man, you guys need to read and participate in gaming forums... that'll cure the sensetivity issues around here real quick like.

Lively debate in one of my gaming forums: http://cazic-thule.net/forums/showth...&threadid=2331

Of course, it has nothing to do with gaming...
    Dude, I would PAY to see a gamer rumble! That would be HILARIOUS!!!!! Maybe that's what we all need... some comedy!

Now if I could just find that Unreal Tournamnt CD... Yeah, I know it's an old game but, I'm on a Mac. Not much out there for macs.

Tax breaks? I don't need no stink'in tax breaks! I'm happy all the time;Dr;
    Okay, so maybe I do need that extra money...I guess I'll just be even more happierer!;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr;
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I think it’s the opposite in the DC area. People are getting a little depressed. It's been raining non-stop for the past 2 months. We had 6 sunny days in May and so far it looks worst for the month of June.

I guess it’s the same situation for the entire East Coast.
    So many outdoor events were cancelled.

I'm still happy though
    Last edited by BlackVX : 06/20/2003 at 12:21 PM

To paultvx,

C'mon man. No one who knows anything about this stuff can take you seriously with things like this. Not being malicious either - just trying to some constructive criticism.

Have an open mind and the truth will become evident.

The government does not exist to hand out jobs. No one ever gets ahead living off the table scraps from others anyway.

Getting a substantial break means someone makes good money, and that's not because they were fortunate. It's because they worked their butt off and earned it. They don't blow wads of cash on dumb stuff. They don't call it quits when they get their 40 hours for the week. They take risks like liens against their house to open up their own businesses and be their own boss.

Of course people who earn more income pay more taxes! Of course they'd get a bigger tax break - they earn more. Very simple stuff.

So what's stopping you? Whether your information is correct or not, the real point is that they were willing to pay it. That one event raised more money than all of the Democratic presidential hopefuls have to date. This just goes to show who most people believe in and would be willing to back with their hard-earned money, because there is absolutely no shortage of wealthy liberals out there.

People with a lot of money weren't given it by the government. They worked for it and made smart decisions. They were prepared when opportunities arose. They planned for rainy days. They do not depend on handouts from the government to get by. And many in government hate that. They want you to remain that dog under the kitchen table begging for scraps. Is that all you want for yourself and your fellow Americans?

Yeah, just got back from NYC/Hoboken, NJ visiting my brother, and he said it's been raining there all the time. And then on some weather broadcast this afternoon they said it has rained in NYC 27 of the last 50 days. Guess I was lucky to get two good days out of the three I was there.

You have a gift for the obvious... and taking what I said too seriously.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329

Raining on parades everywhere...

Flood warnings all over the place here in the greater Philadelphia region, it has been raining constantly all day... and quite heavy I might add.

I didn't even get out of my (rental) car for at least 15 minutes because it was coming down so hard whne I got home from work.

The reports say it will be like this most of the weekend.

Oh well, not like I have my VX back to slosh around in the bigger puddles with.

Looks like Monday might be a nice day in the 70s... then Tuesday jumping into the high 80s.

I have 1 word on that thought of that prospect - humidity!.

Hope this ALL gets better soon...
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

Hey, let's all try to calm down. I have different political views than paultvx, but that's all it is. Nor do we need to engage in a prolonged debate on it - I've said my piece and have no interest in detracting too much from the VX-related things that are the main focus of this forum. People are too different and it's best to concentrate on what we have in common.
    I've got no personal problem with any of you. SPAZZ, I've seen you get pretty cranky, too. Both you and paultvx are probably good people and I try not to hold any of it against any of you. I don't know the background on some of these disputes, and I don't want to know either. But we've got a good thing going here, so let's not ruin it, folks.

Spazz, glad to see that you give a flying f@ck. I'm touched. Truely touched. Don't you have something else to do? like saying something stupid? Oh wait... you did that already.