Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Line X, or Rhino Lined Cladding... How much did you spend?

Line X, or Rhino Lined Cladding... How much did you spend?

Hey Guys, I'm going to get my cladding all Rhino lined (probably with Line X) ha... (rhino lining is kind of like Q-tips, not all lining is rhino, but it's what it's Identified as)

ANYWAY...

How much did you guys who've had it done spend on Line-Xing your Cladding? Does anyone have a good gallery of images? Did you do the masking yourself? I'm worried that if I take off all the cladding, and drop it off, that all my bolt holes, light holes, mounting holes etc. will all be sprayed shut.

Do you think It's best to do your own masking (off the vehicle) and drop it off?

Take in the vehicle, drop it off, and say, I want all of these sprayed?

Has anyone had any issues with their lining?

My cladding is a bit scratched up, and starting to fade a bit and I know this would make it look like a brand new vehicle, plus it'd be very protective (anyone see smash lab with rhino lining?)

Thanks Guys!

I took the cheap route by spraying Dupli-Color bed coating on my cladding. See my gallery for images, there is a thread I started too full of info. You get what you pay for, but I like the results-for-the-money ratio cuz it is better than the stock, faded, and marred cladding look. SPAZZ Line-X'd his entire VX! There are pics of that too.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Very nice... Might go that route will definitely help the pocket book for now... then I can always do the line-x later.

Where are the SPAZZ line X'd pictures?

Do you have a hitch on your VX?

Does the Xpedition Rack mount directly to the rails? and can you mount a bike rack to that rack?

And on another note...

I have a doberman too, Named Bender, Awesome dog, just a giant lap dog at 80lbs...

Thanks for the response...

Spazz's pictures are under the name johnny i think or something near it. There is also a Mark something.... on here that sprayed his cladding.

See below.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorRichie View Post
    Very nice... Might go that route will definitely help the pocket book for now... then I can always do the line-x later.

Where are the SPAZZ line X'd pictures? "Spazz line-x" is a good search entry as well as "painted cladding".

Do you have a hitch on your VX? I do, but it is a small weak one. It works tho and has kept the rocks of my cladding in several instances.

Does the Xpedition Rack mount directly to the rails? and can you mount a bike rack to that rack? Mine does because I made the mounts for it. There is a how-to article I wrote up on the forum if you are interested. My rack is a unique size that can't be found anymore. Creeg made up some bike racks for his and those are shown in the same article.

And on another note...

I have a doberman too, Named Bender, Awesome dog, just a giant lap dog at 80lbs... I do loves my dog, Menace! He is my 90 lb horse. Does yours trot around and prance? They are such graceful protectors!

Thanks for the response...

Thumbs up

Let's see, I had a bra with Line-X put on.....$125
    and front cladding Line-Xed for..................$225

Hope this helps.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Let's see, I had a bra with Line-X put on.....$125
    and front cladding Line-Xed for..................$225

Hope this helps.

Peace.
    Tom
    Just the front cladding? Are you going to do the rest of the cladding later? Do you have pics up?
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Tom, why do you have no pics at all... of anythying?

Thumbs up

I'm sorry to say......I don't own a digital camera:cryr:

I'm a teacher so I borrowed one from our school library. The only cameras we have are ones that take a small disk. I took the pictures which, BTW, came out great. The problem is it needs a special program. I need to have that program in the computer to be able to send them to the VX site. I don't understand it. I was able to send them to Don Moore (he's on the site) via e-mail.

I'll see if I sent myself a copy. I'll send it to you if I find it.

Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    CeCe, I only did the front cladding and the bra. It looks reaklly good with Ron's Skid Plate.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    I'm sorry to say......I don't own a digital camera:cryr:

I'm a teacher so I borrowed one from our school library. The only cameras we have are ones that take a small disk. I took the pictures which, BTW, came out great. The problem is it needs a special program. I need to have that program in the computer to be able to send them to the VX site. I don't understand it. I was able to send them to Don Moore (he's on the site) via e-mail.

I'll see if I sent myself a copy. I'll send it to you if I find it.

Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    CeCe, I only did the front cladding and the bra. It looks reaklly good with Ron's Skid Plate.
    Cool, Yea, see if you can find the email in your "sent" section and forward it to me... uless you deleted it (i hope not).I will post the pics for you!

CeCe,
    No luck in finding that e-mail.

Don Moore if you are out there........see if you have that e-mail I sent you. If you have it, could you send it to CeCe.

Thanks.
    Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    I put in some new fog lights that are not in those pics.

yup..Iam a going to post for ya
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

I did my own with the hercu-liner kit available at Pepboys, Kragan, etc for about $90. It came out well. I've had it on for 2 years and I think I'll throw another coat on. i did 2 coats and it is wearing through in a few spots. Just go heavy the first time and do 3-4 coats.

Finally got around to getting some details on this. Estimate came out pretty cheap. IMO.

First I got quotes for SpeedLiner Since I couldn't find a close Line X dealer. And I did some research and found a lot of people who have had both Line X and Speedliner, and say they would recommend either. Rhino is just too gritty and inconsistent (IMO).

So my quote includes the Removal, and Reinstallation of all the cladding (they don't know what they're getting themselves into) and the spraying of speedliner, for $1060 total.

The good thing is they're a collision repair center, so they should be more than qualified to do it "right".

Not sure when I'll be able to do it, but I'll probably go in with the actual vehicle and make sure their quote stands when they see the vehicle in person. (I only sent a picture of the VX)

i had mine done with colored liine x about 2-3 years ago, got the whole cladding done for $450 including the hood insert. Now they want $225 just for the rear bumper. they said cause its a fuel based product so price is crazy now. theres a pic in my gallery but dont know how to link it here