Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VX goofy with a stinger???

VX goofy with a stinger???

So I have seen people around town with stingers, mostly jeeps and maybe a toyota.

How dumb would this look on a VX? I think it wouldn’t be that bad, but just cant picture it.

They work real well at knocking down brush. Hunters all use them here (or a home made version with a third center bar, a bit lower than the sides, to act as a splitter...to lay the branches to the side instead of straight ahead) I don't hunt and have never used one, but there's plenty around here.

Well any photochoppers out there that want to try and get a look as to what our rides would look like with one have at it.

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...25140453&hl=en

if nothing else they are good protection

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Take out the fog lights and mount part of it in there? That would be cool
    Last edited by CrnCnn : 03/30/2008 at 09:34 PM

Talking

you guys know where i can find that bar thats goes on front of the VX that the Geolander has or some other rally VX had on them, is it a homemade custem bar or can u buy it, cuz i always wanted one.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastieCosta567 View Post
    you guys know where i can find that bar thats goes on front of the VX that the Geolander has or some other rally VX had on them, is it a homemade custem bar or can u buy it, cuz i always wanted one.
    Check Anitas gallery...I seem to remember her having a pre-runner type bar made by Dallas @ Stinky Fab.

Talking

thanks Ldub, i'll go check, do they fit the Vx or was it made for the VX?

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Check Anitas gallery...I seem to remember her having a pre-runner type bar made by Dallas @ Stinky Fab.

thanks Ldub, i'll go check, do they fit the Vx or was it made for the VX?
    Custom made, by Dallas @ Stinky Fab

Talking

Ldub, I wrote Anita and she said that the project was started, but she never knew if he ever finished it. but she wrote about a guy in AZ that made those bars for VX's, don't know who, but i really would love to find a pre-runner bar, maybe do you know or any1 knows what Bar from another Vehical out there would best fit a VX front, and then kinda some how i'll make it fit with welding or something?

Ldub, I wrote Anita and she said that the project was started, but she never knew if he ever finished it. but she wrote about a guy in AZ that made those bars for VX's, don't know who, but i really would love to find a pre-runner bar, maybe do you know or any1 knows what Bar from another Vehical out there would best fit a VX front, and then kinda some how i'll make it fit with welding or something?
    That might be Ben @ Stric9 ...not sure. For more ideas, check green dragons gallery.

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    Those were popular here for a while too - I considered it, because they are handy for splitting brush, also, guys mentioned that they make it easier to roll your vehicle back over in case you ever go wheels up.

I decided that it would only be cool and useful exactly 2% of the time that I actually drove the vehicle, so I put on a skidplate instead.

The rock sliders were made by Ben at Stric9 Fabrication in Tucson, Az. The web site is down but Biju has purchased 2 sets from him and probably would be your best bet for contact info. They are well built.
    As for stingers, they are not the same as brush guards. brucs guards are just that...they will push small brush out of the way. Any hard objects will simply bend or destroy it! A stinger will need to be custom fab'd. Any good local fab shop should be able to build what you need. My bumper when built will have a small stinger incorperated into the design. The stinger will help when coming up to tall rock objects. It will give the front end some protection and allow you to push up/over it.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by mbeach View Post

I decided that it would only be cool and useful exactly 2% of the time that I actually drove the vehicle, so I put on a skidplate instead.
    I couldn't have said it better. Like riding around with gasmask and one of his loads, all the time

I remember talking about this before....they use them to cross ice fields in the north. Allows you to span a crevasse by skidding them. The things they're welding together down here, will turn a 3in. sapling, and skid over a log (we don't have rocks in Fla.)