View Poll Results: Do you want a turbo kit for your VX?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah!!!

98 75.97%
  • Nah, i'll stick with stock power

26 20.16%
  • Whats a turbo?

5 3.88%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: GI: Turbo Kit

Just a quick update... everthing is installed. I'm just waiting for my wideband sensor installed before driving. Sorry I had no time to take pics of vid. But I will as soon as everything is good to go.

I'm dishing out the whole remote mount turbo thing... I'm not happy with the lag , the use of electric oil pump and the intake placement (under the car... bad for an off road vehicle). I'm going to redo the whole turbo system and place the turbo under the hood where it belongs!
    Last edited by jdm monkey : 08/10/2008 at 07:21 AM

pics of new setup soon...

I'm not gonna claim to know anything about setting up a turbo system but I am gonna ask a question... Why not do it Impreza style and mount the inter cooler under the hood insert and cut a hole under a scooped insert? Would that work? I'm asking this without opening my hood to see if there's any room there so I hope I don't sound stupid
    Richard
    Proud owner of a RWD VX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It looks like an angry snake-bee!" she said

Quote Originally Posted by So-CalVX View Post
    I'm not gonna claim to know anything about setting up a turbo system but I am gonna ask a question... Why not do it Impreza style and mount the inter cooler under the hood insert and cut a hole under a scooped insert? Would that work? I'm asking this without opening my hood to see if there's any room there so I hope I don't sound stupid
    No room for an IC under our hood. It would have to be one hell of a tiny one, and I mean TINY. Even if one did fit, I dont think the aero of our hood design is proper for the right cooling induction so we would probably need one hell of a high scoop (thinking no smaller than the '04-'05 STI scoop).

Front mount would work, granted you could design a new front clip like the Mooncraft, heh.

Definitely one of those mods/tasks I am glad to see someone else try out and not me, heh.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Please send me pics, i can help with your layout if you want. Im very knowledgeable about forced induction, turbos especially have built dsm's and currently have a 500hp wrx. i can help u with getting it under the hood. a front mount isnt that big of a deal. to locate the turbo you will need to fab an uppipe off the collector of equal lengths from the manifold. after that its simple. what size turbo are u using, and another thing the stock td04 is super small that people are talking about lag.The max flow is 475cfm at 18psi, with a 3.5l motor it shouldnt be a problem pushing it. A 2.0l spools it under 2k rpm. what size injectors are stock in the vehicross , also people commenting about the bov springs. Thats why jdm used an hks ssqv bov its a pull type that works off vaccum so its closed at idle and reacts fast and if people are really worried u can plumb it back into the intake before the turbo. ideal is lower compression to run higher boost, but with tuning and a catless 3 in. exhaust there will be power. good luck with the build and im looking to pick up a vehicross as a fun project now. Dont mean to thread jack, just figured i can help you if you need it in any regards with the subaru turbo system.

I am deff in for this I am only in Md I will drive down there to have this done sounds great.

Thumbs up

Sorry guys I got side tracked a bit...
    We are currently on a swap (k20 rsx engine in a toyota mr2 spyder + turbo) and a NSX turbo.Hopefully when the project is complete, i can give my 100% attention to the VX. Its just a matter of time... its going to happen. Sit back and relax.

I heard about this MR2 setup, I wanna see this turboed VX more though. Get that thing running and we can test it.

I have a nice tow strap. Turbo's do work underwater right? lol

dude that would be an amazing accomplishment for th vx... atleast until alpine decideds if they are doing the S/C stage 1 upgrade. even then i still think youll get more power from a turbo... besides they sound bad anus!

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    Hey, JDM Monkey.. its been over six months since your last post... any progress on the turbo kit? very curious...
    Vodka... Connecting people

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    Just wondering.... anyone ever installed THIS on a Vehicross???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu...Q5fAccessories

Quote Originally Posted by Petos View Post

It doesn't come with a transmission, so no.

What VX? Rodeo Crew Cab, Jackaroo chassis, Supercharged 3.5, Navara tub (!!)

Petos you KNOW you need a supercharger....

Hey, JDM Monkey.. its been over six months since your last post... any progress on the turbo kit? very curious...
    My engine is leaking coolant in the spark plug hole. Its either a bad head gasket or a cracked cylinder head. Gotta fix this first. Everything has been sorted out but i cant boost it yet.