Thread: sears xcargo luggage cargo help

sears xcargo luggage cargo help

i've searched but no luck, i'm interested in buying one of the xcargo units from sears. since i dont have the crossbars for my roof racks, i imagine i have to go to the dealer to get those too right?? has anyone mounted these to their roof racks??

if you dont have factory crossbars you are going to have a tough time finding them.. and if you do manage to find one.. expect to pay 200-300+ for it

you can get Yakima Lowrider mounts that will work, just wont look quite as good as the stock crossbars, here are photos of mine, the first photo is how it looks now after a little modification to the stock rail covers, the other two show when i first mounted them, doesnt look like they are snug but i can assure you they are, i have had 60+ lbs up there for 500+ miles with no problems, i can pull on the crossbars and move the vehicle and they dont even budge

and if you use the yakima mounts with their round bars, pretty much anything will bolt up to those

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Those things are a royal pain in the butt to store when not in use. I much prefer the soft units. They can sit right on your roof without damage & the chinch straps keep anything from flapping even at highway speeds. The best part tho is that you can roll them up into a shoebox size bundle when not in use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    if you dont have factory crossbars you are going to have a tough time finding them.. and if you do manage to find one.. expect to pay 200-300+ for it

you can get Yakima Lowrider mounts that will work, just wont look quite as good as the stock crossbars, here are photos of mine, the first photo is how it looks now after a little modification to the stock rail covers, the other two show when i first mounted them, doesnt look like they are snug but i can assure you they are, i have had 60+ lbs up there for 500+ miles with no problems, i can pull on the crossbars and move the vehicle and they dont even budge

and if you use the yakima mounts with their round bars, pretty much anything will bolt up to those
    How much do those cost? I actually like them, and they lock. Where's the cheapest place to find them, I need them by a week from today too, hopefully I can manage that task otherwise I'm SOL.

I don't mind storing the unit when not in use, I have a 3 car garage that only my stealth is allowed in so there's plenty of room

Want a matching 3000GT? I'll be cleaning up my daughter's for sale very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Want a matching 3000GT? I'll be cleaning up my daughter's for sale very soon.

I've been thinking about getting a 3000gt for a while, but only a 92/93 vr4....I'm going to take a guess here that your daughters isn't a vr4 is it? Plus I think a 300zx TT is on my list before another 3kgt/stealth

i dunno the best place to get them near you, i got my whole setup on e-bay for about 200 bucks, that included 4 mounts, all 4 locks with matching keys, 2 48" crossbars and the windjammer fairing but ive seen the set go for cheaper than that on ebay.. if you need it quickly go to www.yakima.com and find a retailer on their website near you

i've been trying to get a set on ebay, but i need it before friday because i leave to FL friday morning. i've asked a few people if they can guarantee shipping by friday but nobody has responded so oh well. thanks for the idea of looking for a dealer near me, i've found about 30 of them near me so im going to go shopping all day tomorrow until i get everything i need. i would really rather OEM, but since the only isuzu dealer in my area says he cant get them anymore i guess im screwed unless i magically find someone on here that just happens to be selling theirs

Hey, etlsport....

What are the model/part numbers or the towers and bars you have? I'd do with these if I am not able to find the OEM racks.

D.W.

lowrider mounts 8000118
    SKS locking cores 8007202
    48" round crossbars 00408

i would also without a doubt get a fairing or windjammer, these bars sing on the highway! i just put a basket up there and called it a day, that got rid of the wind noise
    heres a kit for cheaper than you would pay for everything separate

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/yakima...car-racks.html

when i ordered mine it was a kit for a ford explorer, ive seen 2 different kits for them though, one is the lowrider and one is the lowrider max i dont know the difference but i know the lowrider works
    Last edited by etlsport : 03/08/2008 at 07:56 AM

well, i went with the lowriders, except i took off the rubber liner on it because when i installed them with the liner they felt loose, and i wasnt comfortable driver 1300 miles with it on. with the liner off, they are extremely tight. i will take pictures tomorrow, i just washed her today but it got dark before i was done waxing.

Sooooo....how much weight have any of you put on these lowriders? I easily have 200 lbs in this cargo box, am I pushing my luck?

stock rack is rated at 110, so i try not to go too much over that limit.. ive probably had 110-120lbs on there before though..