Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Texas Convoy to Moab

Thumbs up Texas Convoy to Moab

O.k.......all this talk about convoying to Moab by the Chicago VXers is getting me excited. How about the cow pokes in Texas? Let's get a convoy of our own.

Who's in?

Peace.
    Tom
    Last edited by tomdietrying : 03/06/2008 at 04:53 PM
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Me! Yee-Haw! Head-um up Move-um out Rawhide (whip crack'in noise)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    O.k.......all this talk about convoying to Moab by the Chicago VXers is getting me exicited. How about the cow pokes in Texas? Let's get a convoy of our own.

Who's in?

Peace.
    Tom

WHEW. For a second there thought I would have to leave friday morning so I can make it for the Chi-town convoy.

Count Ray and myself in as well.

Also what are the plans for pre vx run? Whats on the agenda if anything.
    Last edited by Dumke : 03/06/2008 at 04:10 PM Reason: Thought of something else.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Do you remember that cool hike we missed doing last year before Moab? I'd like to reschedule that one. Other than that, we can see how we are with time and play it by ear. I know some cool areas in the Cedar Mesa of Utah? That's the area we did Hotel Rock last year.
    Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    Larry are you coming up from Houston? Are there anymore Texans representing the state beside Rob and Ray(Ft. Worth), Scott(Dallas), and me (Dallas). Texas is a big state.......we could use some more representatives from the east, south or western part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    WHEW. For a second there thought I would have to leave friday morning so I can make it for the Chi-town convoy.

Count Ray and myself in as well.

LOL That's awesome!
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

VX is still in the transmission shop, but what day are you all meeting up and driving? Any long stops along the way or just driving the whole way ~ 20 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    Do you remember that cool hike we missed doing last year before Moab? I'd like to reschedule that one. Other than that, we can see how we are with time and play it by ear. I know some cool areas in the Cedar Mesa of Utah? That's the area we did Hotel Rock last year.
    Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    Larry are you coming up from Houston? Are there anymore Texans representing the state beside Rob and Ray(Ft. Worth), Scott(Dallas), and me (Dallas). Texas is a big state.......we could use some more representatives from the east, south or western part of the state.
    Yup I remeber when my check engine light came on and I freaked out. LOl also found a wrench that was on my radiator hose from ft worth to utah. LOL man that thing was hot and how it stayed there is still beyond me.

But yes I rember and sounds like a plan will run it by Raymundo. Place you you for wheeling or hiking?? Around the Cedar Mesa area.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    VX is still in the transmission shop, but what day are you all meeting up and driving? Any long stops along the way or just driving the whole way ~ 20 hours?
    We camped in new mexico. We did it in three parts. Course i drove back in one which sucked and will probably never do that again lol. Scott left us early and did it in 2 days well he left in middle of the night.

It all depends what your plans are and who your meeting up with if your going to go part of the way and break off or what. So make a schedule and go from there. We left saturday morning around 5 am from Decatur texas. Well that is where I met Tom and Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    We usually stop at Jemez Springs and camp.That's just northwest of Albuquerque.Right on a river bank, pretty cool,We also sat in the springs,with a big fat naked ladyWhy don't beautiful people sit around naked
    Last edited by Scott Harness : 03/07/2008 at 09:59 AM Reason: adding comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post

Moab Mt. Biking on Monday if anyone is interested! Several shops in town rent Mt. Bikes if you don't have one (or don't want to lug it up with you). Everyone is invited!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Moab Mt. Biking on Monday if anyone is interested! Several shops in town rent Mt. Bikes if you don't have one (or don't want to lug it up with you). Everyone is invited!
    Hmmm. I can just see me being air-lifted to a hospital. I did some fairly heavy-duty Mt biking awhile back,after the 4th or 5th time over the handlbars.That's enough. I still like slower trail riding.

Quick reply to bring this one back from the dead. I wrangled the time off from the new job so Moab's a go. Everyone still want to convoy up? I'm booked at the Red Rock starting Sun nite and was planning a 2 day trip starting Sat am but that's all flexible with other peoples plans.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dunford View Post
    Quick reply to bring this one back from the dead. I wrangled the time off from the new job so Moab's a go. Everyone still want to convoy up? I'm booked at the Red Rock starting Sun nite and was planning a 2 day trip starting Sat am but that's all flexible with other peoples plans.
    Good news Jay...is that other Texas cowpoke (Mr. Monday) comin' along wit-cha?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dunford View Post
    Alright! Welcome to the convoy Jay!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Good news Jay...is that other Texas cowpoke (Mr. Monday) comin' along wit-cha?
    Don't think so, he has some work stuff that he doesn't think he'll be able to get out of.

Thumbs up

Great Jay! The more the merrier. Good to see you make another one ZuZu. How many is this now......7 or 8?

I've got a question for you. Since you basically installed Tone's bumper for me (I just watched). It's no longer level. It's pointing a little upward. I'm trying to take off the back cladding. I'v taken off the 2 bolts under both fenders, the 4 on the top, and the 4 on the bottom. Where else does it attatch at?

Thanks.

Peace.
    Tom